Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Assassin's Creed III growing on me

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 112 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 13, 2012 8:16:58 AM PST
Bionix01 says:
I started playing it and i liked it but idk something just wasnt up to snuff with the game for me. It wasn't giving me the same satisfaction as the Ezio trilogy. But over this weekend it finally got me and wouldnt let go. I played for about 9 hours straight saturday and i LOVE this game.
I think i just got use to some of the control issues i was having at the beginning with the guns and whatnot. I finally have that great old feeling back. Nothing like doing a double assasination and seeing a big guy about to chop you with his giant axe when you strike him down with a quick arrow then parry another guy and throw him off a boat. AMAZING

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:17:58 AM PST
I'm still on the fence about picking this up now or waiting for a price drop.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:18:00 AM PST
"Assassin's Creed III growing on me"

Might want to see a doctor.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:18:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 8:18:41 AM PST
LogJam says:
Chop it off and sell it for big bux

Dammit Cap!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:19:00 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
May as well try your luck on Black Friday. Going for $35 at Best Buy, I think.

Game is great.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:19:12 AM PST
Well, if it buds, he'll have a means to make a lil' extra holiday cash.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:20:39 AM PST
10 seconds.

:D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:21:43 AM PST
Bobbum Man says:
Fantastic game, but it'll be $40 or less in a few weeks as is custom for Ubisoft during the holidays.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 10:51:47 AM PST
Gomb says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 10:57:24 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:53 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 10:59:08 AM PST
I think i played 2 minutes of MP on brotherhood, said wtf and quit. Never looked back

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 11:00:39 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I just picked this up for the Wii U today. Won't get to play it for few days though! I think it looks great. AC has always been unappealing to me prior to this game. I like the setting.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:01:35 PM PST
YIGT says:
What is in the multiplayer i havent played it yet been sucked into the main story and getting all the goodies i can.

I like to max out on the first play through i dont tend to replay games very often. So I try and do all I can the first time. Ive gotten most of the pirate things i can getting feathers now and done all the ship missions and homestead as I can do this far in the story and im only at 40% completion. Ive got almost all the people at the homestead not sure who else but i figure i should get atleast 1 or 2 more because i dont have all th recipes unlock where it shows a person in red.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:35:44 PM PST
Mel says:
strange name for a penis

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:47:44 PM PST
Gomb says:
In the multiplayer you have most people playing Deathmatch and Wanted modes, where one player is your target and a certain number of players are targeting you depending on your rank. If you are in first place for example, you have 3 people pursuing you which gets intense. The difference is that in Wanted mode, the maps are full sized and there are tons of NPC's walking around with your same model to make it hard to find you. In Deathmatch all the NPC's are using models different from the players so you stick out, and the maps are very small. I prefer Deathmatch because the condensed map equates to more kills and more points, which allows you to hit level 50 within a few days. There is also Artifact Assault mode which is basically capture the flag, and several other modes that no one plays. If you haven't tried it yet you are in for a treat, I am just over it after 3 games in 3 years with almost the exact same perks, abilities and game modes. It's almost like they think we don't realize that all they are changing is the setting and character models... if I was that simple minded, I would buy Call of Duty games.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:48:39 PM PST
I thought the Multiplayer was the exact same as the other two games. I didn't notice any difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:07:10 PM PST
John McClane's is named Holly.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:25:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 1:25:52 PM PST
prsmooth says:
I traded this game in for $42 at Best Buy today.

As an Assassin Creed fan, I am disappointed with this game. I loved the setting , but the execution of it was terrible.

If you enjoy getting frustrated with the following, go buy the game:
1) Doesn't register countering when trying to block enemies at times
2) Similarly, I would press the attack button and sometimes he would just stay there and not do anything
3) Freezing in a middle of a mission and having to start over
4) Several missions little to no direction as to what the heck you need to do leading to trial and error.
5) Enemies seem to be olympic runners leading to frustrating multiple tries and losing enjoyment (looking at Official and Charles Lee chases)
6) When running he decides to climb to the nearby wall, or vice versa. Or Jumping in the wrong direction.
7) Soldiers having Superman vision that can see thru walls or even detect you are there even though they are not looking in your direction. This is more prevalent when you have a noterity level of 3 (For example, guy on the street all of a sudden detects you on a roof even though he is not looking up. )

Not to mention also some of the pointless missions.

All these things just added up to me and really made me lose all enthusiasm and enjoyment for this game. I just pushed myself to finish the game so I can trade it in because I didn't want to have anything more to do with this game.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:25:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 1:47:16 PM PST
I was the same way, Bionix. I think it's because the controls are a big departure from Revelations. For instance, you HAVE to be in high profile to pull off a double assassination and it's hard as hell to assassinate people who are facing another target (that was sooo cheesy in the other games, it was backstab city). Firearm controls felt kind of wonky too because they didn't have the hidden gun feeling to them. Now, though, I'm a master assassin again and I love it. My favorite thing to do is the "break defense" skill until a guy falls on his back and then go to finish him off (and then immeadiately counter his buddies as they rush you).

I still have a big problem with the optional objectives. They suck and were ruining the experience for me, so I said "screw this" and stopped going for full sync.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:28:11 PM PST
prsmooth says:
" still have a big problem with the optional objectives. They suck and were ruining the experience for me, so I said "screw this" and stopped going for full sync. "

I agree. I had the same issue.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:30:10 PM PST
OP says:
Ah, that explains why I never pulled off a double on the ground, whereas I've done plenty of aerial doubles. And yes, some of the optional objectives are plain terrible (hello, The Giant and the Storm).

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:39:19 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:53 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:40:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 1:42:38 PM PST
OP says:
I think the big guys you have to disarm, and then combo; probably have to repeat it a couple times because they'll recover before you can finish them off.

EDIT: You may need to be armed in order to do the disarm, not sure; also, human shielding or shooting do work, but as said, neither is a really reliable way of beating them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:47:42 PM PST
D_Strasse says:
Have you liked the other games in the series?

I've only played ACII myself and these seem like the complaints I had with that game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:48:59 PM PST
I agree with you on the Lee chase. That was a bunch of horse shit.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  112
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions