Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wii U Download Codes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 15, 2012 1:10:16 PM PST
Does anyone know where people can buy download codes? I know it's a bit silly most of the time, people can just buy direct from with credit cards, or use eshop cards if they don't have credit cards. But, download codes are better for gifts. At least that way, you get something to unwrap that isn't money.

What stores actually sell download codes?

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 5:34:50 PM PST
no one knows?

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:24:29 PM PST
NeoStar9 says:
I think GameStop has been selling codes for the 3DS games Paper Mario Sticker Star and New Super Mario Bros 2. I haven't seen any for Wii U games yet. Don't think Nintendo ever said when and if they'd be coming out.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 8:59:52 AM PST
JD says:
I hope Amazon will sell Wii U download codes eventually.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:49:21 PM PST
Joshua C says:
The guy at gamestop tried to sell me a download code for Trine 2 on Wii U when I went in to pay off Fire Emblem yesterday. I don't know if it's a situation where there's an actual card, or if the system just generates a code when the purchase is made and prints it on the receipt (which is how Gamestop now does WoW subscription codes, among other things)

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:56:19 PM PST
I know you can go to at least GameStop and buy a Nintendo Points Card, because I saw them there recently. $20 for 2,000 points.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Do I have the worst luck when it comes to consoles? 15 19 seconds ago
Sony to VR Skeptics: PS4 Headset Project Morpheus Is Amazing And You'll Realize When You Try It 3 1 minute ago
The Oculus Rift Game That's So Real It Nearly Destroyed Me 0 1 minute ago
Anybody seen FOGE lately? 29 1 minute ago
OTish: Anyone tried Nerd Block? 21 2 minutes ago
MIA*˛ 2172 2 minutes ago
OT - New research supports male and female attraction genes cause a person to be attracted to a specific gender 46 3 minutes ago
16 minutes of Dragon Age: Inquisition 36 3 minutes ago
Behind the mic drop: Sony re-wrote E3 script after Microsoft backlash 22 3 minutes ago
Ifloorez and uzipuzi just jelly cause the WiiU is so awesome! 0 4 minutes ago
Building a gaming PC on a budget of $400 103 4 minutes ago
Weekly Hardware Chart 28th June 2014. Xbox One Price Cut Failure. PS4 Domination Continues.... 58 6 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 15, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions