Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dragon Age 3...Next gen!?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 111 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:35:49 AM PST
Black Ajah is a myth, an angry lady with a red handkerchief told me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:43:48 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
The last book comes out in a little over a month! Time to get back into it ;) I'm more looking forward to that than Christmas this year *laugh*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:08:42 AM PST
Anthony says:
lol. i haven't read any of the books by Sanderson. i'm worried he ruined it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:11:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:15:34 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
I think he's done a pretty good job considering the circumstances, and he has Team Jordan behind him which is a help. The Gathering Storm was worth a read, but he had some of the characters' essenses off, especially Mat... I think he made up for it in Towers of Midnight though :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:11:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:12:12 AM PST
No, he's awesome. The only thing he couldn't get was Mat's "voice" correct, but Jordan said that Mat was basically modeled after himself, so it makes sense that he would be tough for someone else to write.

Edit: Matrimninja'd

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:12:56 AM PST
I'm going to try and read the whole series before the book comes out, what are my chances? It's only like 9,000 pages.

:D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:13:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:14:15 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
What are you doing posting here then?!

I was thinking about doing that too, but then I discovered Guy Gavriel Kay.

On his last book now, then I can go back to Jordan.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:16:34 AM PST
He improved on what Jordan had started. The pace really picks up, female characters actually have some depth to them(waiting for the jokes to roll in about that statement), and he's doing a really fantastic job of tying up some loose ends, story-wise. I know that Jordan had it all figured out how it was to play out, but Sanderson has breathed new life into a series that was starting to be bogged down. The last novel is right up there with Lord of Chaos. You owe it to yourself to give him a chance.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:17:39 AM PST
If you skip Path of Daggers, I would say good. Otherwise, I wish you luck. That book defeated me many times before I was able to make it through it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:18:18 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Holy crap, my first Ninja of someone! That's right, I'm bad... *hands a sword to Punk for the ritual of hari kari*

Seriously though, I read through the series faster than I ever expected to... I started in August on a re-read, and finished mid Nov... of course, not having power for a week helped with the hurricane *laugh*

Now, I'm bouncing around various games, not wanting to start a new series until the last book comes out ;) I finally broke down and read Alloy of Law, figuring that was light reading and not really cheating.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:19:25 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Mu hahah, Path of Daggers pales in the shadow of Crossroads of Twilight... even I don't like that book *laugh*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:19:28 AM PST
I don't mind Path of Daggers, but books 8-10 are slogs. I've read them so much though I can skip whole chapters and not miss anything.

"Elaida stalked the halls of the white tower, if she had a tail she would be lashing it. . ." PASS.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:19:52 AM PST
Great series. I started reading it due to news of a game based on the universe, and now I'm looking for other reads similar. I love fantasy that has a human characteristic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:20:33 AM PST
Crossroads has the **spoilers** cleansing of saidin right? **end spoilers** if that's correct, it's almost worth reading that book just for that section.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:23:38 AM PST
Would have been better if they hadn't jumped around so dang much during that climax. I understand that he wanted to show what everyone was doing, but c'mon. Unless one person's story intersects with another's, let it run until right before the end game. I like it when a story tells about some loud scream, knowing that I will shortly read about what brought it about and who was made to scream.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:26:48 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
*Spoilers*

Nope, the book before did, Winter's Heart... in COT, you get everyone's perspective as the event occurs... ie, all the channelers around the globe freak out about the massive amount of power that was used at the cleansing.

*spoilers*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:36:37 AM PST
Both of those books are just freaking yawners. However, Jordan totally redeemed himself with Knife of Dreams.

Odd question, what Ajah would you be?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:49:51 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Hard question... either white or green... I'm a pretty logical person, but also enjoy being involved with things :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:13:19 AM PST
What do you mean?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:14:28 AM PST
I have The Calling but never read it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:16:22 AM PST
Do you love men?

:P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:22:59 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
While it IS possible that DA3 will be a next-gen game, remember this news came from Kotaku.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:23:43 AM PST
LMAO

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:38:53 AM PST
Anthony says:
from what i hear, it was Jordan's wife who picked him to write the rest of the series.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:43:21 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
I wonder what services he had to perform to be chosen...
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  111
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions