Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

DS Rpgs?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 50 posts in this discussion
Posted on Aug 18, 2013 8:12:43 PM PDT
J. Graves says:
mario and luigi bowsers inside story is fun, easy and hilarious. I suggest that one and I'm very sorry about what happened to your daughter. Its cool that you do what you can to make her happy though :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2013 5:15:51 PM PDT
Was this post entirely necessary?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2013 5:14:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 18, 2013 5:15:23 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 4:19:31 PM PDT
Mimsy says:
The World Ends With You is a fantastic JRPG and the top screen combat can be set on auto-fight.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:45:37 AM PST
Sparhawk says:
There is a word called Metagame. It means the game of playing the game. Offload the task of organizing her game collection by introducing her to http://www.backloggery.com and its high-score list of game playing!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 1:07:41 PM PST
Matt says:
Dragon Quest 9 is brilliant, you'l never get bored grinding. That said I love Dragon Quest games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:38:06 PM PST
Bitchie says:
Thanks! I'll let her look, can't remember for sure, but I think she's beat that one already. She finished Pokemon Black 2 last weekend.

And no not the greatest life skill, but with her other disabilities, I let her go with what she likes. :) She plays her DS and she reads.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:31:49 PM PST
Sparhawk says:
Let me summarize my feelings thusly: That sucks. D:

But brains are plastic, so it's not like there's a permanent ceiling to what she can handle. Question is, are RPGs the greatest life skill? ;)

For the simplest RPG I can think of, Magical Starsign. No huge decisions to make that I recall from when I got bored of it, and everything is about delicious magic gummies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:21:36 AM PST
Bitchie says:
I don't understand how it all works either, I jsut know that one and lots of other games have proven too hard for her. And I do have to help her when she gets stuck from time to time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:19:35 AM PST
Yikes, I'm really sorry to hear this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:19:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 11:21:34 AM PST
In the grand scheme of things, Etrian Odyssey is one of the more demanding and analytical RPGs out there. It's not a game that you can just pick up and mess around in (it punishes you for this). So it's definitely not a game for everybody, but it's the sort of game that those who love it will love it a lot. I mean, almost everybody likes Super Mario Bros., a lot of people like Super Meat Boy, but comparatively few like "I Want To Be The Guy." This is fine, not everything is for everyone.

Etrian Odyssey is not really a game I would necessarily recommend to anybody unless I knew they grew up playing Wizardry and the like or don't mind hard, thinky games. Etrian Odyssey is one of my favorite game series of all time, but it's not for everybody.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:17:12 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
I don't understand, she can't draw maps but she can play RPG's?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:11:07 AM PST
Bitchie says:
She has major deficits because of brain surgery when she was 5, she really CAN'T learn that stuff- that part of her brain isn't there anymore. The right side is basically gone and disconnected, she just can't do that type of stuff.

But I'm getting a really good list, thanks all you guys.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:23:14 AM PST
Chris... says:
Another vote for The World Ends With You and Bowser's inside story.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:15:18 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
My personal favorites have already been mentioned, so I'll just say I second the recommendations for Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and The World Ends With You.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 9:13:13 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
On the normal/easy modes though, a lot of that fashion/food stuff is superfluous.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 9:09:50 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
"mapping parts were too complex for her"

Then maybe a mapping game is exactly what your kid needs. Get her Etrian Odyssey 1-3 and improve her intelligence.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:07:54 AM PST
Sparhawk says:
You mentioned pokemon--I don't know if they're sufficiently well-known to have been bundled into your collection yet, but the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky were pretty good. Not as hardcore as Etrian Odyssey, thank goodness.

They also have a better story than Dragon Quest 9. *shakefist*

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:18:13 PM PST
Nicos says:
Master of the Monster Lair - Basically you get to create your own dungeon and then monsters come live in it. Once it is populated you go through and fight all the monsters to get gear and money for your town. Once your dungeon is leveled up enough boss monsters start showing up. Killing boss monsters increases the tourism industry in your town (because you stuff their carcass and display it in the town square). Combat is pretty simple turn-based stuff. My nephew really dug it. He liked making the dungeons a lot.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:05:57 PM PST
Anthony says:
if you want to talk about GBA games, i think Fire Emblem and Tactics Ogre Knights of Lodis were better than any of the ff games or golden sun games.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:59:24 PM PST
If you really want to do someone a favor, buy her a super nintendo somewhere and show her how it was back in the day and get her donkey kong country two and super Mario brothers 3 and Mice biker game! Yeah its a lot of trouble but its Christmas

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:55:53 PM PST
I remember when the advance came out...i was probably 13? I don't know and a friend of mine played too and her was younger than me by 2 years, we both agreed it sucked especially compared to FFantasy and Goldem sun

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:53:31 PM PST
Yeah, and when i was a kid i didn't like the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:35:38 PM PST
She's asking for her kid.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:05:02 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  50
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions