Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PlayStation Plus for PS Vita available next week with 6 "free" games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 178 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 14, 2012 4:42:23 AM PST
It's kind of funny, i bought PS+ in December of 2011. Since then I've gotten at least 60$ In jsut discounts, and well over 400$ in the games for free. Of course I know I have to pay to keep it going, and when December this real rolls around I will gladly give another 50$. hell I would pay 50$ a year for the auto updates and patches, and now they are adding all this to the Vita for no additional cost? DUH!

There is nothing to hate about PS+ as it's optional.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 2:05:33 PM PST
FOGE says:
Ok this might be the push I need to get a Vita. Those games will keep me content for a long time. Just need a good online über Monday deal. Twice cyber got misspelled and autocorrected so I'll just go with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 2:02:54 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
Yup. If you're already a Plus member you don't need to do anything. Just buy the games after the update on the 19th!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:38:14 PM PST
Yup, the service covers everything. If you have both a PS3 and a Vita it is becoming harder and harder to justify NOT having Plus.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:56:44 PM PST
JWK says:
WHAT?! You don't have to buy Plus separate on the Vita?! So, it's $50 for the year and you get games on the PS3 AND the Vita... holy crap. That's a ton of games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:55:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 12:56:06 PM PST
Prankster says:
That's true. That being said to get the best experience, it's imperative to have all the consoles and handhelds because the best experience is the complete experience otherwise it's just a matter of choosing which one has the most pros and least cons for you - the subjective best. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:47:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 12:48:00 PM PST
Ah, I see what you're getting at. I'm a big believer in 'to each their own.' I have no quarrel with anybody who believes PlayStation offers the best value in gaming. That said, not everybody sees things the same way and their experiences can be different and still valid. Video games are a big enough industry where this shouldn't even be an issue but some members of the VGF are threatened by dissenting opinions (I am not referring to you, of course.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:39:14 PM PST
Prankster says:
My sentence probably isn't the best rebuttal to this statement below either but you understand what I was going for.

UziSpray says:
If people like it, that's good for them, but I was really arguing against the argument that it's a "no-brainer" if you have PS3 and Vita. It's really not if you buy the games when they come out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:37:12 PM PST
" No right to say PS+ isn't a no-brainer for the others who don't do that then."

I don't think anybody is saying that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:33:39 PM PST
Prankster says:
That's a fair point. I mean it's all about getting your money's worth but it also needs to take into account the intention with which you signed up. If you are paying to save on games via the sales, you have every right to blame them when they don't offer what they promised.

But signing up for the games being offered when you go out and buy each game day one anyway is absolutely foolish. No right to say PS+ isn't a no-brainer for the others who don't do that then.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:30:46 PM PST
For me it's just about the game discounts. Plus provides plenty of value in that department. Cloud saves aren't a big deal since so many other platforms offer it for free, even Amazon GameCircle does that.

I'm fine with just getting my money's worth from game sales. It justother seem to get offended at the notion that I don't get much value from the free game rentals.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:29:01 PM PST
I don't disagree with you sir.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:26:43 PM PST
Prankster says:
I don't think people who buy all their games on day one anyway should be signing up for PS+ for the games being offered. I mean, whatever they are going to put out is already on your shelf. And if you are signing up for the cloud saves and betas or whatever, well, no reason to complain right? It's value for money for what you paid to get. Any game which might by chance not be in your collection is a huge bonus.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:13:30 PM PST
I didn't even think of that, brilliant!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:03:06 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
I was just agreeing with you Uncle Jay-Jay, we are the hardcorez cause we buy games day one, everyone else is a stupid noob.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:03:02 PM PST
Quit your job.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:01:49 PM PST
The timing of this sucks though, because Tales of the Abyss just got interesting, and it would take me another 2 months to complete that game. Somethings gotta give.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:00:39 PM PST
I'm softcore. I'm cool with chicks just making out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:58:14 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:54:55 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Wow, you are just so hardcore for already owning all those games, those silly noobs not buying every game day 1, hahaha!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:51:55 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 11:45:43 AM PST
TCB says:
I bought a Vita for $199 from Frys and a 32GB card from Amazon the week after Sony announced PS+ was going to be extended to the Vita. I purposely held off on buying any games until they announced the titles for the instant game collection. Now I have a handful of top notch games to play through while I wait for price drops on some other games I want to check out. Sony is really offering a ton of content/value for Plus members and I really don't get why some people are so insistant that its anything but great for us as players/consumers. If anything I would think there would be a stampede of new players looking to get in on the great deal that Sony is offering.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:41:39 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
He's being punished by getting it for "free." As am I...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:38:27 AM PST
You ought to be punished for not having played GR yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:38:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 11:38:56 AM PST
Who would we need a 32gb card? We can play the games one at a time...

"I wish you could put the ps3 in sleep mode in the middle of a game like a portable. "

I wish I could do that with a lot of electronics.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  178
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions