Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

TIME magazine's Top 100 Games of all time

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 142 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 18, 2012 6:10:08 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
No Heroes of M & M or Xcom... Bad list, bad list!

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:05:20 PM PST
jnjmcc says:
No Zelda, so this list is a fail

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:11:34 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Lmao, OK I guess you're right. I did misuse it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:05:42 AM PST
DVvM says:
I'm going to downvote you for misusing "exponentially" (it refers to a rate, not an amount) not for your actual opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:37:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 8:38:46 AM PST
LMAO. Uh...I'd suggest you take your own advice. You'd be hard pressed to find any case where I've been "overbearing" (any more than anyone voicing their opinion about anything, ever) or remotely try to "invalidate" anyone's (or any publication's - ???) opinion. Nice trolling attempt, though!

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:24:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 9:12:18 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I haven't a clue as to why Ocarina of Time is not on there but otherwise this was very well done. The fact that none of the Uncharted games are on the list increases Time's credibility in a big way.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:06:26 AM PST
Carlito says:
The basic tenants of Mega Man are the same in 3 that they are in 1, that's why the series is represented by 1 being on the list. The only argument for 3 being on there (in the same argument as say FFVII) is the map but again, like Mega Man, the basic gameplay is exactly the same as 1.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:04:59 AM PST
Carlito says:
Because you are extremely over bearing in yours, presenting it almost as fact, desperately trying to invalidate any publication who's opinion runs counter to yours, maybe that's why? Need proof? Just breeze through this or any other thread you participate in. FYI, Uncharted is good but besides very good visuals and an excellent story did nothing to reinvent, improve, or advance things Tomb Raider did almost 20 years ago in the most important part of a game...the gameplay.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 7:01:18 AM PST
I saw this list as less of a "best games" and more of a "most influential games".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:06:50 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
No Fallout 3, and ME3 over ME1?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:46:35 PM PST
Nicos says:
As others have already said, it is a better list than other VIDEO GAME sites have been able to come up with.

I would replace Super Mario Bros. with Super Mario Bros. 3 and Mega Man with Mega Man 3 (yeah yeah 2, but for my money 3 was the better game because of Rush + the slide + story). And replace Punch Out! with Super Punch Out! but that is just getting really nit picky.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:19:03 PM PST
Totally agree.

I don't understand why every thread in which someone voices their opinion turns into "not everyone agrees with your opinion!" and "in YOUR opinion!". Everything everyone says is in their opinion. So why does it constantly have to be pointed out?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:11:45 PM PST
DVvM says:
Someone who doesn't like pizza is entitled to leave it off their "best foods" list.

Someone who doesn't like Uncharted 2 is entitled to leave it off their "best games" list.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:07:10 PM PST
Yes, it's in slot #2.

Some people don't like pizza either. That doesn't stop it from being awesome.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:02:17 PM PST
Technosapien says:
Not enough Final Fantasy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:59:03 PM PST
DVvM says:
If you put all the games ever made in a list from best to least best, Uncharted 2 is on that list somewhere, yes.

But I personally, do not like it very much. It's a very well made game, but I did not enjoy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:55:38 PM PST
Just the first one? It was so-so. U2 is one of the best games ever made.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:50:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 5:59:53 PM PST
It's a decent list. Not as bad as I thought it would be actually. A couple games I would've personally put on the list would be Mass Effect 1, Fallout 3 and Eathbound. Other then that I've played and liked a lot of the games on the list.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:42:51 PM PST
Right, because everyone who plays Uncharted loves it? I've actually played Uncharted and didn't think much of it.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 4:18:24 PM PST
No Custer's Revenge?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 4:08:39 PM PST
Apparently there are a lot of people on here who still haven't played Uncharted.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:27:09 PM PST
Because I said that RS2 is better than KOTOR.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:25:57 PM PST
Why is this downvoted? Remove all the Sonic games and Uncharted and I agree.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 2:25:25 PM PST
Shanghaied says:
I think Time's list just notes the original entry in an IP. Not the sequels.

So when taken in that light, it's actually a very respectable list. I would have a hard time poo-pooing someone for it.

I mean, everyone's gonna have some weird-ass favorite, like Clash At Demonhead or something (great game btw), that simply won't make it on the list simply because it's a bit more obscure and no where near as influential.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:52:09 PM PST
KOTOR never really hooked me, unlike RS2.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  142
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions