Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I just beat the Phalanx in Demon's Souls

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:48:02 PM PST
I'll keep that in mind, thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:46:11 PM PST
Once you get the combat down, you can just kill the first few skellies, return to the nexus; rinse and repeat. In case you haven't been made aware. Under no circumstances do you ever want to sit your controller down in the nexus if you are even somewhat close to thomas. I'm not kidding, that's the easiest way to make it a requirement to delete your character and make a new one. Don't make that hombre' dislike you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:35:27 PM PST
I meant 4-1, actually. Derp on my part.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:36:45 PM PST
Gomb says:
You cannot go to 1-4 until you defeat another world boss, so either 2-3, 3-3, 4-3 or 5-3 must come first.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:32:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 6:22:37 PM PST
Once you beat Phalanx and go upstairs in the nexus and talk to the kid, you can go to other worlds. Beware the skellies, they are rolling fools.

Edit: And I misread your statement. I thought that you said 4-1 since that was the world that I was talking about.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:23:08 PM PST
Okay, how do I actually get to world 1-4? Is there an archstone that takes me directly there?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:47:53 PM PST
You don't have to go world 1-2 right after you beat 1-1. Actually, I always liked doing 4-1 right after because there is a wall you can run up located by some stairs that can lead you to a very awesome starting weapon. It's guarded, but it's easily worth the cost of souls. Also, the whole world of 4 has some awesome potential for grinding for souls. Just beware, world 4 is also a common place for invasions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:06:47 PM PST
Haha. I kind of wish my soldier class guy could use a bow.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:04:19 PM PST
I did. I got to upgrade about 3 or 4 stats. Slow progression...but I already see a difference against the enemies I fought before.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:11:08 AM PST
Most bosses in the game is like this. Please notice that I said *Most, there are some exceptions. The painful ones are usually easily accessable by using shortcuts or not too far from the entrance. Learn the drop path for 2-2 as this boss will kill you several times.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:55:19 AM PST
Nice, now you can start the game! Hope you enjoy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:45:49 AM PST
Iso says:
I doubt it would, but the community would definitely support a game like this.

We would see a patch within a month.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:45:09 AM PST
Iso says:
I don't doubt it with all the support they have gotten from Steam.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:38:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 6:39:12 AM PST
I'm hoping that it's properly optimized....Otherwise if Durante doesn't jump in we're all screwed!

A Demon's Souls PC port would be amazing though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:37:09 AM PST
I'm hoping the next Souls game makes it onto PC.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:36:09 AM PST
Iso says:
Too bad they would not port Demon's Souls. I would love to have that on PC like how I have Dark Souls now...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:02:09 AM PST
Depends on your class, but once you figure out that he's weak to a little somethin somethin, you can kill him in... oh... about 3 hits.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:00:33 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Phalanx was a letdown. Took me five hours to get to it...I was expecting an epic boss battle. Instead I just circled around and ended up beating him hardly taking any damage at all. But it was nice to beat that first level, that's for sure.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:48:41 AM PST
DukeNole says:
I'm currently on my first playthrough of Demon's (although right now I'm taking a break to play through AssIII). When I get back to it, I'm at the level with that white sorcerer dude and he is seriously owning me. I haven't quite figured out how to beat him yet given my build (spellsword-type character). I'm looking forward to getting back to it as soon as I wrap up AssIII!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:42:30 AM PST
Aaaah youtube... lowering the average IQ of the planet 1 point a day.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:35:29 AM PST
Watcher says:
I was looking at a YouTube video of an easy way to defeat the Tower Knight and this comment rules:

"This whole thing about being legit reminds me of Mc Hammer. Some gamers are just too legit to quit. As for me, I sniped the damn thing with arrows from the bridge above the fogged door and also sniped the red dragon with 80 something arrows from the first bridge tower before him. What can I say? Bows before hoes."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:32:48 AM PST
Yeah 2-2 took me the longest... accept for maybe 5-2.

The bsos though... UGH as a caster... UGUHGHGHG...

when I beat him I shouted in delight... thankfully no one was around.

"That fog door isn't as solid as others. The hardest bosses for me were 1-4 and 2-2. The most difficult world was 4-2. "

I was forced to kill him the cheap way. I felt ashamed.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:28:31 AM PST
Congrats Nate! Celebrate by spending some of those hard earned souls.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:19:35 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:55 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:06:47 AM PST
2-2 was tough. It took me 8-10 tries my first time as a caster to solo him. When I finally killed him I jumped for joy and got a quizzical look from the wife, lol.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions