Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Hitman or Far Cry?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 42 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:22:26 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Ubisoft confirmed they address constant enemy spawning at check points - this is a win for me!

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 5:15:16 AM PST
Well, I'm reading through the FC3 article in the newest GI right now and I am actually kinda excited to see some more in-game action to see what it plays like. The vid on Steam looked real engrossing, and some of the things they mention in the article looks like they will marry story with action well. I'll quote part of the end of the article here and you'll see what I'm talking about.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Would You Kindly?
Our demo ends with one of the more gut-wrenching things we've seen in a game. Again, we won't spoil anything, but Jason has to earn Hoyt's trust in a scene that's bound to stick with a lot of players. Hay says his team purposefully set out to create what he calls "Would you kindly?" moments, referencing BioShock's memorable climax. We saw another of these moments earlier in the demo, and it resonated emotionally, in a large part because players are force to participate..

"There was a very specific effort in making sure that the player is not just a voyeur in the game; that they canactually step in and be the common denominator inside very emotional moments," Hay says. "The idea we embraced is of making the player and the character one, so we built a number ofmoments through the game where the player needs to do, to act. In that acting, the player is the one moving the story forward, and it's not necessarily with a gun or a weapon."

------------------------------------------------------------
Tell me that doesn't sound like someone trying to create a moving story instead of just creating big set pieces that can be blown up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:18:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 6:42:16 AM PST
new Tron says:
Far Cry 2 came out a long time ago, and the things people found wrong with the game have been widely publicized. I'm guessing there is a very good chance that Ubisoft has addressed those concerns in Far Cry 3. I'm not saying I'm 100% sure that Far Cry 3 will be good (although I do think it will be), but it most likely won't have the same problems Far Cry 2 had.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:49:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 2:50:50 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Did you guys not play Far Cry 2 ? If you had I would think you would have more of a wait and see approach.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:12:32 PM PST
Meatwad says:
Hitman. I like the Far Cry series, but give me the guy with the bar code and permanent frown.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:42:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 2:08:30 PM PST
Zak Iarih says:
Think I'm going to go with FC3 Vaas just looks like such a great villian

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:20:24 PM PST
I may end up having to check it out, FPS's are not exactly one of my favorite genre's though I have been playing them an awful lot lately with BLands 1 and 2 & Halo 4. An FPS normally has to be really special in order to keep my interest.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:13:22 PM PST
Marvelous says:
Agreed. It's also looking to have one of the coolest villians in a long time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:11:13 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Everything about FarCry 3 sounds amazing.

Looks like a FPS Assassin's Creed with RPG elements and an awesome story/great characters.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:08:36 PM PST
Yeah, I was just trying to find some info on the skill trees but couldn't come up with anything. This is sounding more and more interesting, I love me some exp and skill trees.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:06:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 1:07:34 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I don't think you gain levels, but you gain exp for doing pretty much everything.

Pretty sure 1 skill tree is gun based and 1 is melee based; don't remember what the third one is; maybe potion/drug/enviroment based?

I think they explained this stuff in one of the past Game Informers, I'll try to find it when I get home.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:05:31 PM PST
Any idea what the skills trees are? Also do you gain exp and levels kind of like Borderlands? If so is there a level cap?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:04:03 PM PST
Marvelous says:
Hell to the yeah! Far Cry 3 is going to own my life when it's released, I'm going to be heavily invested in the single player, but some Co-op and multiplayer is also going to get plenty of play.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:01:39 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
3 different skill trees, and it's possible to max them all in 1 playthru.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:54:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 12:54:10 PM PST
From what I read in the previews, yes.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:53:29 PM PST
Is it true that Far Cry 3 will have rpg elements and a skill tree?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:34:16 AM PST
haven't played a hitman game yet and far cry 3 looks pretty good....i'm going with far cry 3

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:22:08 AM PST
Bobbum Man says:
Hitman

I've had enough FPS for the year.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:18:52 AM PST
Semschy says:
According to co-optimus.com the co-op isn't for the campaign. It's just an extra co-op mode similar to Uncharted 3.

2 local players, 4 online or any combination in between, complete objectives on 6 multiplayer maps.

It should be fun, but I wouldn't buy it just for that.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:01:15 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Skip them both and work on your backlog.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:42:33 AM PST
I'm getting both but farcry 3 will be better and will have a longer campaign.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:28:48 AM PST
Prankster says:
I wasn't even looking at Far Cry till just now. I saw this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEZfi1QfdIE...

..and wow! That looks frickin' amazing! Totally gonna get that if it reviews well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:17:10 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
The Last of Us is not coming out in 2012. 12/31 is a placeholder date.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:15:20 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Two completely different games in different genre, I think it just comes down to what you prefer playing first.

Open world FPS or a Third person level based action/stealth game.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:03:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 11:03:12 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Hitman looks fantastic and inviting, but $65 for a SP game I cancelled. Why did the devs say most people won't finish the game ? Liars ! This was going to be my last game fo the year. I may do like Max Payne and start from the beginning before I play HA. I only played one of the hitmans a long time ago and i don't think I played long.

Far Cry 3 looks OK. Amazing ? At E3 it looked amazing but those were cut scenes. More like tedious; go kill a rabbit (1 part) for its pelt to help build your 5 part arrow quiver and with an extra first person camera that really bothered me on Far Cry 2. Hunting and gathering is fine but with a paint mixer camera I'm not sure I'll be loving the experience as I drive across the maps. Wasn't driving a pain in the azz too like you were driving a jeep with rims for tires...it had tires, but it felt like it didn't. They love the F with the camera. 16 camera angles to open a door or get into a vehicle. I'm pretty sure they want us to vomit. I'll wait on this one and make sure they nailed it.

That's a long time for me until my next preorder, Cry3 in March.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  42
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions