Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PlayStation Plus Update: Free RE5 Gold Edition

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 53 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 9:17:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 9:20:07 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/?p=89630

Also, Portal 2 and its new In Motion DLC discounted.

I can't access the entire article at work, but this is great news!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:17:39 AM PST
Makes RE6 Anthology practically a waste of time now.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:18:49 AM PST
Could we see the actual text? What is the price on Portal 2? Great news!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:21:08 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Cool beans. I'll definitely be getting the In Motion DLC. Now to get a Move...

Here's everything listed:

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Free for Plus Members

Portal 2
30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $19.99, PS Plus Price: $13.99)

Portal 2 In Motion
30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $6.99)

When Vikings Attack (Cross-Buy on PS Vita and PS3)
30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $6.99)

ABSOLUTE SUPERCARS (Only available in US)
20% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:22:09 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

Free for Plus Members
This version of the original acclaimed Resident Evil 5 expands on the action-packed gameplay by including 2 extra episodes, one of which features Chris Redfield with series veteran Jill Valentine, along with extra costumes, content, and more. Of course it comes with the complete Resident Evil 5 story; playable solo, or via local or online co-op. If you haven't tried one of the best Resident Evil titles this generation, now is your chance.

Portal 2

30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $19.99, PS Plus Price: $13.99)
One of 2011's best titles and on multiple `Game of the Year' lists, Portal 2 is coming to PSN and is coming in at a steal of a price for Plus members. Navigate ground breaking environment-based puzzles based on moving your character through a series of self-generated portals while experiencing the game's outstanding story. This release also coincides with a patch for the game that enables PlayStation Move support as well!

Portal 2 In Motion

So you wanted more Portal? PlayStation Move owners get the exclusive slice of cake with Portal 2 In Motion. The new addition to the series introduces new gameplay mechanics; including scaling and rotation of objects as well as portal surfing. These new abilities are all required as the player progresses through an increasingly challenging set of test chambers, but require new thinking to solve.

When Vikings Attack (Cross-Buy on PS Vita and PS3)

Another PlayStation Network exclusive; this dynamic adventure features fast-paced battles pitting up to four co-operative players against the Viking hordes, and maniacally competitive "Versus" arenas where players can test their skills against friends. With online cross-platform play, and a certified Cross-Buy game where buying it on one device entitles you to downloading it on the other; Plus members will be getting the best deal on this one-of-a-kind PlayStation experience.
ABSOLUTE SUPERCARS (Only available in US)

20% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $7.99)
If you're looking for an accessible racing game that still beats with the heart of some of the world's audacious supercars, look no further. From Ferrari, to Pagani, to Aston Martin and McLaren, there's a car for everyone and a series of stunning tracks to race them on.

It's a jam-packed lineup this week, and there will be plenty more to come throughout the month. Before we go, let's take a look back on some of the content we released in October and get your thoughts on what hit you the best.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:23:10 AM PST
Thanks Kirk and CF!

Will get RE5 and Portal 2, PS+ really does rock.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:23:42 AM PST
JWK says:
IT'S A RENTAL!

RAGE!!!! LOUD NOISES!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:23:50 AM PST
Prankster says:
Wow, good update! RE5 is a good addition. And I didn't even know Portal 2 was available at $19.99 on PSN. And now it's $14 since I'm a plus member, so I really should get it! I just don't know if I want the digital version or the disc version (which is still nowhere close to this deal). Maybe Black Friday?

Advice, please? Also, anyone know the download size for Portal 2?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:24:10 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Yes!
Thank you Sony

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:26:21 AM PST
FOGE says:
Very cool. I may have to rebuy Portal 2. Sold it at $35 so dont feel bad rebuying this one. Plus that game is straight up awesome.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:28:13 AM PST
LFC says:
Is this Tuesdays update?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:28:21 AM PST
Foge + Punk! co-op?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:29:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 9:31:43 AM PST
Prankster says:
Punk, I'll play with ya. I haven't played it before. I think I remember having a discussion about buying this game last Black Friday with you. :P

EDIT: I won't be playing for a couple of weeks either. Not just Portal 2 though, anything. :P Got my exams.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:29:40 AM PST
FOGE says:
Hmm... maybe. Ill let you know if I grab it. I probably wont be playing it for another couple weeks. Too much AC, Halo, and Blops to be played.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:30:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 9:30:27 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I believe this is Portal 2's debut on the PSN.

Other than on Steam, I'd bet the lowest price you might see during Black Friday is $10 (if that), and you'd be waiting for it to make it's way across the world to you. I think the $4 is worth the gamble. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:30:40 AM PST
I'll dig out my old bluetooth so we can communicate. Probably not until this weekend, howz about it?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:32:20 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Get ready for the best co-op experience EVAH!

Headset definitely makes things easier, and they have in-game functions for communication that come in really handy, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:32:52 AM PST
Prankster says:
Ahhh, but the disc man, the disc! I think I will however go for it though. Just hopefully it isn't too large in size since I have my HDD filled to almost the limit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:33:24 AM PST
Prankster says:
Ahhh, I just mentioned I won't be playing for another 2 weeks but I think I can make some time this weekend so sure. I will buy it tomorrow and give you a shout on Saturday. :)

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:33:53 AM PST
Soulshine says:
So this Portal 2 DLC is coming tomorrow, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:34:26 AM PST
It's episodic I think, so we can just do a bit at a time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:35:49 AM PST
Prankster says:
Sounds good. We'll get a good idea once we start itself. I don't think I will play any of the SP though so I will be very very rusty. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:36:05 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:40:00 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Did I see you stab a man with a tritton?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:53:48 AM PST
FOGE says:
Wow, that escalated quickly!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  53
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions