Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Hitman Absolution - King of Chinatown hit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 28, 2012 8:21:07 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Did anyone else have trouble eliminating this target by making it look like an accident, while avoiding detection?

I was playing on Hard last night, and I had to repeat the mission over and over again. I wanted to go the route of planting the explosive on his car, but on Hard there were two guards and I couldn't take both out quietly without alerting the crowd. I finally switch the game to Normal and it reduced it down to one guard, but does anyone have any tips for the harder difficulty?

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:25:22 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Yeah, distract them with a rock and then use a knife takedown on both.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:27:48 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Yeah i kept throwing a bottle at the barrels behind them, and i would take one down.... oh, but not with a knife. I take it, that it's alot faster than the fiber wire or subtle huh?

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:30:40 AM PST
Didn't they guy in that "broken stealth" video just throw a bottle to the other side of the crowd, then throw a knife at the target?

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:33:48 AM PST
Scratchy says:
Why not just find the poison and put it in the fish then all you have to do is stay incognito until he stumbles by and eats it. Or use the poison to taint his drugs. There is so many ways to do that mission its insane.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:34:12 AM PST
Marvelous says:
That sounds sloppy though, I'm going for a hitman professional hit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:37:36 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Where do I find the poision... in his apartment?

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:37:38 AM PST
Scratchy says:
By poisoning his food you only kill the target and not anyone else so you end up with the best possible score (silent assassin) than you would for killing the guards by his car, putting the bomb on his car, setting off the alarm, and then exploding it when he gets close.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:38:22 AM PST
Scratchy says:
Poison is in one of the fish stands by a cook. You have to run and grab it before the cook gets suspicious.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:48:05 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Does it show up using my instinct?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:54:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 8:56:31 AM PST
Scratchy says:
I can't remember if it does or not. But if your playing on hard nothing will show up if you use instinct iirc. Last time I played I was playing on normal and it had those white markers under the different ways you use to dispose of the target. But your on hard so you'd prob have to poke around until you find the right fish stand. But its close to the main area where he was if that helps. Also it says poison when you highlight it.

Prob best to do a dry run in normal to know where all the stuff is seeing how it gets highlighted for you then do it again at a harder difficulty.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:59:51 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Good idea, I swtiched to normal because it was becoming very frustating. I mean, I could have just turned it into a fire fight, but that's not my style.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 9:00:08 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I just started this mission last night, i'll come back here for the spoilers if i get stuck :P

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 9:01:11 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Lol, No spoilers here Mayo, just needed some hints because like Scratchy said... there's more than one way to skin a cat on this level

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 9:02:51 AM PST
Scratchy says:
Yeah the trailer showed agent 47 in riot gear shooting up Chinatown with a assault rifle and it looked so unlike him that I steered away from anything like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 9:03:51 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Yeah, everytime I was detected I just restarted from the last checkpoint, which is the beginning of the level.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 9:05:54 AM PST
Bionix01 says:
How is poisoning the fish or drugs sloppier than blowing up a car and killing two cops?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 9:46:04 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
No idea, I was making a FarCry 3 joke.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:22:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 10:24:10 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
LOL, I believe that's called the Far Cry 3 bleed effect.

EDIT: I got your joke before I read all the way down to the end and saw that you explained it.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 10:38:12 PM PST
Phenom says:
Good stuff. I couldn't find that poison anywhere. Personally I blew up his car. Not exactly silent but it was fun lol

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 8:01:22 AM PST
I put the c4 near his car and hit the alarm. He ran towards it and blew him up. Then had to duck and hide from cops but they didn't find me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions