Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2013 9:26:30 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:36:12 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 9:27:41 AM PDT
jtshiel says:
49.99 for PC :(

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 9:28:28 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
How bad can it really be? Vampire Rain bad? It has at least a redeeming quality of having the Dixon brothers in it. I may jump on it for this price.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 9:29:41 AM PDT
WeScYdE says:
I agree this could backfire, i guess look at who is making it and their track record outside of their #1 Franchise

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 9:31:04 AM PDT
jtshiel says:
wasn't transformers good though?

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 10:20:35 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
I pre-ordered it. I really hope this game doesn't suck.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 10:28:10 AM PDT
Horowitz says:
I think it's pretty safe to assume this game won't be very good. We've seen next to nothing on the game and it's coming out in a week's time.

My only hope is that it's not a total failure and at least has a few redeeming qualities, because then it could be a decent bargain bin buy.

It's a shame Activision didn't handle this properly.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 10:30:28 AM PDT
Transformers (WfC and FoC) was done by High Moon Studios. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Moon_Studios

This one's being done by Terminal Reality. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_Reality

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 10:34:40 AM PDT
Bobbum Man says:
I hope it doesn't suck, but I'd put my money on it being terrible. Here's why:

- Activision
- The price
- The gameplay trailer looked atrocious
- Heard practically nothing about this game
- Activision

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 10:35:08 AM PDT
I usually am a sucker for price drops and sales but after seeing what this game potentially might look like, I'm going to wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xED-90Q4vu8

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 10:35:57 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Wow, Terminal Reality does not have a great pedigree at all. Maybe I should cancel my pre-order and wait for this to hit $20 next Friday.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 10:41:31 AM PDT
Horowitz says:
I don't know. The Ghostbusters game, 4x4 Evo games, and the SNK collections were solid.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 10:47:52 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
I'll be shocked if this turns out better than abysmal. I'd love to hear it's a good game...but I'd be shocked.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 10:50:35 AM PDT
That's the thing about this game, that seems to be the only reason to play is that it has the Dixon brothers in it. There's literally a trailer that is just the two actors saying "Play the game because we're in it!"

The release date came out of no where with next to no build up, Terminal Reality doesn't have the best history, Activision isn't known for handling licensed properties well (outside of High Moon Studios), and there are other bad signs as well.

The biggest glaring issue to me is that the characters clash with what we saw in the start of the TV show. Where Daryl and Merle were only out for themselves in the show during the one and only gameplay trailer released we see them fighting because Daryl is trying to "save the day" while Merle wants to leave people behind or move on. Not really the same with where they were things kicked off not to mention none of the writers (including Robert Kirkman) are involved with the game.

I hope it comes out better than it is looking, but from where I'm standing it seems like it will be middle of the road at best.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 10:58:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2013 10:59:48 AM PDT
prsmooth says:
This game will be atrocious without a doubt. It's just riding the " the walking dead" train for that quick cash grab. Close to nothing is known about this game. There is a reason why the preorder price is so low.

It might be one of those games they'll have to pay you to play because it is that bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 11:05:29 AM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I heard that the trailer was fan made and not the real thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 11:08:21 AM PDT
user22 says:
That's not a huge stretch though. I think Daryl has always been a decent man at heart, that's why he has always worn the vest with the angel wings on the back. It's not as if he was previously like Merle and then suddenly changed from one extreme to another during the TV show. Besides, maybe something that happens during the backstory of this game will explain why Daryl and Merle are "only out for themselves" at the start of the TV show.

But back to the topic...I'm tempted to pre-order here now that the price drop has been applied to the PS3 version, but I'm also tempted to pre-order from Gamestop since it comes with Herd Mode DLC and a Walker Ear Keychain.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 11:09:22 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
"at's why he has always worn the vest with the angel wings on the back."

I just thought he was a fan of Claire Redfield.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 11:27:03 AM PDT
new Tron says:
This game does not look good at all.

And if you still have doubts, Broncos and Cubs is eagerly anticipating it, so that should speak volumes.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 11:31:41 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
No surprise. Merle is pretty racist.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 11:34:10 AM PDT
Daryl has changed a lot over the course of the seasons and being away from his brother has only had a positive impact on him. I agree that he's always been a good guy at heart but the only reason he stayed with the group and helped them was because he had no one else and the idea of getting someplace safe was completely gone.

Heck Daryl and Merle (SPOILER ALERT) were planning on robbing the camp, taking all their supplies, and running for it. That's part of the reason they were even with that group.

Daryl may not be exactly like Merle but Merle had a heavy influence on Daryl during this period. Daryl didn't stick around out of the kindness of his own heart, he stuck around because it was the only way to survive.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 12:02:22 PM PDT
I was going to get this. But I agree with no info and a price drop before release, it's not going to be good. I'll Redbox it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 12:25:27 PM PDT
user22 says:
Well depending on your definition of change, I don't think Daryl has really changed much at all as much as he has simply grown into himself. That's why him and Carol go well together, because she is kind of a mirror of him. Both of them were rather submissive to who they knew as their keepers, but after her husband died and Merle went missing, Daryl and Carol were able to realize their independence. They didn't quite change into who they are now, they just opened up who they already were inside.

Like you said, Merle heavily influenced Daryl before. Obviously it was Merle's idea to (SPOILER ALERT) rob the camp. I think Daryl probably had a bit of an internal moral struggle about it, but ultimately went along because he felt he had to follow his big brother's orders. I like to think that deep down Daryl would have wanted to stick around out of the kindness of his own heart had he not been influenced by Merle.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 9:05:13 PM PDT
GameGurl says:
This game is going to suck....

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 9:11:56 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I am going to try it out. I used my ten credit from GoW and I had ten from Bing just sitting, so for under 20 bucks it is worth a shot.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions