Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The LAST Wheel of Time book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 157 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2013 5:21:40 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Is officially out... So freaken' excited!! Who all is reading it, and who all thinks that it is going to be awesome?? My copy is going to be hand delivered at lunch time, and so can't wait!

Come on Dark One, surprise us all and win dang it! (and no, not black ajah, just think it would be kick ass if the dark side won for once... there is a reason that The Empire Strikes Back is such a great movie, lol)

Sorry for the OT thread, but the resident Aes Sedai had to be the first to post something about this ;)

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:25:33 AM PST
I still haven't finished book two yet. I really need to get on that...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:28:23 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Only 12 more to go in the main series after that one *laugh* Though, in all fairness, you can skip a book or two in the middle, not much happens ;)

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:28:53 AM PST
I gave up after book 6 and Jordan lost his mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:29:30 AM PST
Which ones can I safely skip?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:29:52 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
It comes roaring back... You have to push forward to enjoy the rewards though :)

My only issue is that I'm literally at the end game of Growlancer, and I'm aching to finish that as well *laugh*

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:31:13 AM PST
Anthony says:
actually Strider mentioned it a day or two ago, lol. its cool that its out, though i still haven't gotten around to reading the books by Sanderson.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:31:22 AM PST
I think I'm about 50-60% of the way through the game. Great story though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:31:39 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
The most recommended one for skipping would be Crossroads of Twilight in my opinion... Jordan made the mistake of trying to write what everyone in the series was doing at one given point in time, and it ended up not working very well *laugh* After that, the books really pick up the pacing again :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:31:40 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
No need to apologize for the OT thread. We have a lot of WoT heads in here. I'm not actually picking up the book today as much as I would like to. My Birthday is in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping I get something then.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:32:58 AM PST
Too many plot lines .. too many characters ... I really enjoyed it up to 6 and I don't want to ruin my memory of those first books :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:33:54 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Definitely a great game and well worth the time put in to it... I spent some time buffing up my gang a bit to the point that they're now trouncing enemies left and right, which I'm liking *laugh*

I need to find the time to play through it again though, as I think I'd do a few things differently, especially with my team configuration.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:36:06 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
You won't ;) Definitely some memorable moments in the later books, and a couple that really get you in the moment...

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:50:45 AM PST
J. says:
Crossroads was the last WoT book I've read, and I don't think I finished it. I'm tempted to restart the series soon.

I also want to reread the Shannara series, the Sword of Truth series, and read whatever Brent Weeks has written since the Night Angel trilogy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:51:26 AM PST
The Black Prism was a most excellent book by Weeks. I want to pick up the rest of them.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:57:28 AM PST
Soulflux says:
Mine should be here today or tomorrow. Hopefully today since I am off tomorrow. Been a long time coming. Literally. Should be an interesting end no matter which way it goes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:59:41 AM PST
Do it. They are honestly some of the best books in the series. I'm picking my copy up this evening after I get off of work. CAN'T WAIT!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:01:20 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Crossroads was kind of a low point for the series, I felt. Sanderson picked everything up pretty much immediately, though. I don't know how Jordan ever thought he could finish the series with one last book after WH. Sanderson is going by Jordan's notes for what needed to happen and every single page has action on it. There is not a single wasted scene and yet it still needed three HUGE books.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:04:19 AM PST
I think I made it book 6 or 7 and at the time it looked like the series was never ending. The thing I noticed was that after a while I only cared to read about a few characters and hated following others. The series starts out great, but for time seems to go nowhere after thousands of pages....it became a chore to read. If it does indeed "pick up" I may have to reintroduce myself to the series (I doubt I will reread the previous books, but I may "cliff notes" them).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:18:54 AM PST
OP says:
I thought that after Crown of Swords, the books started to drag, and they didn't really pick up again until the Sanderson ones (so, Gathering Storm).

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:32:28 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdThread=Tx3UJKP3QKQZWOO

Just call me Strider Sedai ;)

Yeah I'm excited, should be waiting for me when I get off of work, trying to decide if I wanna read Towers of Midnight again thought before I jump in, gonna be a long day of work today.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:48:01 AM PST
OP says:
Well, I tended to skip over the characters that I didn't particularly care for.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:51:50 AM PST
Got my copy this morning and I'm about halfway through the prologue, I'm so very excited!

Regarding reading the series, books 8, 9 and 10 are a slog, but it picks right back up in book 11 and is a heck of a ride again from there on out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:29:37 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Definitely agreed... I thought Knife of Dreams was an excellent book, and helped quite a bit to make up for Crossroads *laugh*

Part of reading about all the characters though was trying to pick out clues to what happened in certain events. I've read through the series now four times or so, and I still pick up things that I missed in previous read throughs. I think this is a series that is actually better on a second read over the initial one, but that may be just me ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:34:55 AM PST
I actually like all of the "extra stuff" Jordan put into those books. Except the White Tower politicking, I just skip those chapters.

Also hate Faile.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  157
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions