Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PSN Plus Vita

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2012 10:10:33 AM PST
Fullme7al says:
Quick question. I don't have a ps3 but I have a Vita. The PSN Plus card online code sold on Amazon is for vita too right? not just ps3. Isn't it just tied to your psn id?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 10:12:40 AM PST
I. Flores says:
Yes, yes and yes.
Now go get a PS3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 10:13:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2012 10:14:51 AM PST
Fullme7al says:
My bro has one, I just use his because he barely plays it.

And thanks.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 2:47:07 AM PST
Voice of god says:
PSN Plus Vita...

*puts on sunglasses*

... equals disappointment.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:51:53 AM PST
I. Flores says:
Hardly.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:56:54 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 13, 2013 3:03:06 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:58:34 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Bad troll is bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:05:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 8:05:38 AM PST
I. Flores says:
>>PSN+ is really an overpriced rental service.<<<

Lol.

>>Gold for Xbox is a much better deal<<

HAhahahaha!

>>with a more mature gaming community<<

PFFFFFT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *catches breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:06:08 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 13, 2013 3:03:10 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 9:36:26 AM PST
$40-$60 a year gets you Xbox Gold which gives you multiplayer and some discounts

$50 a year gets you PSN Plus which gets you free games, and decent discounts, but already comes with free multiplayer

I think PSN plus is the better deal.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:43:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 9:43:34 AM PST
Ice King says:
You mean "free" games.

But yeah, the games for the Vita alone have already paid for my subscription. Everything else for the rest of my time is just a bonus. Even if they are only glorified rentals. I doubt I'll be playing Uncharted or Gravity Rush a year from now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:44:25 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Not to mention automatic downloads and installs and deeper discounts on games. XBL doesn't give discounts to everyone, and if they do, then they don't give deeper discounts to + members.

Seriously, XBL is a complete and total waste of money. I have no idea how MS snared, what is it, 6 million subscribers?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:45:14 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Don't even need to call them free, "free" or anything else. You can just call them rentals. It's like if Gamefly was actually good, and it's way cheaper than Gamefly a year, and you get more than 1 game rental a month.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:47:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 9:48:48 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
It helps that for years they had a vastly superior online experience. PSN has all but caught up, but from 2006-2009 or so, there was no comparison as to which was better. There's still no party options on the PS3 which makes getting a group together for a game more of a hassle than it needs to be. Whether that's worth $35-60/yr... well, that's up to the individual.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:48:29 AM PST
Ice King says:
Xbox Live is a much more stable system than the Playstation Network even if it is more expensive than it should be. Now that PS+ is out, it only makes Live look evern more overpriced. Then again, anyone who knows what they're doing can easily find a 12 month subscription for $35 or less at some point before their current one runs out.
Microsoft really needs to step things up and start offering "free" games as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:48:40 AM PST
It's not the party options for me, it's that I really enjoy the MP games on the 'Box a lot more than the ones available on the PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:50:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 9:52:06 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I don't understand what you mean by stable unless you're talking about that Anonymous hack. Because my only real complaint with Sony's infrastructure is the separate installs. Of course, being a + member, that is a non-issue for me now. Other than that, I have no issues playing online. I don't usually, and only online always games like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls do I partake in the online play, but I played Unit 13 on the Vita with my brother and using x-game chat with the system's built in mic (you need no hardware other than the Vita to do this) and that was pretty sweet and zero lag. Very impressive for a hand held.

MS needs to do something to add value to XBL Gold. They're getting paid on both ends, the subscription fee and advertising dollars, AND then they had the audacity to raise the price $10 without increasing the value of the service.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:50:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 9:51:17 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Also true, and a fair point. Even if the networks were identical, XBLG is basically the online pass for Halo, Gears, and other MP exclusives.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:54:20 AM PST
I don't disagree that Plus is a great value but to me, the value of Plus is about the same as Gold. The "free" game rentals have not provided me much value. The 360 has automatic downloads and installs without having to pay for it. That means for me, the value of both programs lies in the discounts.

Both services offer discounts that are typically 50-75% off and sometimes as much as 80%. You were incorrect in two respects- XBL does offer discounts to everyone. For example, the two-week countdown sale has been open to every 360 owner whether they subscribe to Gold or not. Publisher sales and special sales are also open to everyone. The Walking Dead ep 1 was made available to every 360 owner with no subscription fee required. I also think that Gold has somewhere around 40 million subscribers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:58:09 AM PST
Ice King says:
Nah, that hack didn't bother me much. In fact, it got me a couple of free games so I made out.
My problem with was the slow download times and separate installation. It doesn't seem as bad lately though so it's not a big deal.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:59:08 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Unless you are buying/bought all the games that came out, I don't see how you can't get much out of the game rentals. The free game rentals that they do offer have been pretty random so there is something for everyone, unless, as I said, you've already played all those games.

Also, when I had a 360, Silver members were always getting crapped on. Also, I just took a shot in the dark with the number of members. I also doubt that Xbox offers as many, and as deep of discounts, as Sony does. Even if they do hit a deep discount, is it even for anything that anyone would want? They sure don't do it as frequently as Sony does (monthly).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:09:26 AM PST
"Unless you are buying/bought all the games that came out, I don't see how you can't get much out of the game rentals."

8-9 times out of 10 the rentals will be something that I already have or something I have no interest in at all. Last month Plus finally came to Vita and I had every single on of those titles except for Mutant Blobs.

"Also, when I had a 360, Silver members were always getting crapped on. Also, I just took a shot in the dark with the number of members. I also doubt that Xbox offers as many, and as deep of discounts, as Sony does. Even if they do hit a deep discount, is it even for anything that anyone would want? They sure don't do it as frequently as Sony does (monthly). "

There are sales for non-Gold members pretty regularly. Just in the last two months we had the November sale, Black Friday sale, Cyber Monday sale, an Ubisoft sale, a Rockstar sale and the current two-week holiday sale. I watch sales on both networks very closely and 50-75% off is the norm on both. As to whether or not anyone would want those games, that's subjective. Over the last two months i have picked up Fez, Mark of the Ninja, Dust: An Elysian Tail. Trials Evolution, Rayman Origins, Guradian Heroes, Jet Set Radio and the first two Assassin's Creed games (among many others.) There are also a lot I didn't buy like the CoD Collections, Hell Yeah!, etc.

I do think that both networks have lots of room for improvement though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions