Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dishonored Knife of Dunwall DLC Price, Release Date Announced

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 39 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2013 7:06:56 AM PDT
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/13/dishonored-knife-of-dunwall-dlc-price-release-date-announced?abthid=5140864c229188a009000006

Dishonored Knife of Dunwall DLC Price, Release Date Announced

Play as Daud this April.

Bethesda has announced that Dishonored's Knife of Dunwall downloadable content will hit Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on April 16th. The pack will cost $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points) and allows players to take on the role of Daud, the mysterious assassin who killed the Empress at the beginning of Dishonored.

According to Bethesda, players will have access to new weapons, gadgets and abilities as Daud and will "embark on a search for redemption" in Knife of Dunwall. Daud's abilities include "Summon Assassin," which calls upon the Whalers, Daud's "loyal band of mercenary assassins." Daud will also utilize Void Gaze, which tracks down hidden Runes and Bone Charms, as well as his own variation of Blink, the teleportation power seen in the core game. Daud will also use Chokedust, which dazes enemies, Stun Mines to shock targets and a concealed Wristbow that can fire sleep darts and explosive bolts.

"The Outsider reveals the key to your atonement, but who-or what-is Delilah?" Bethesda describes. "Your search will take you through never-before-seen districts of Dunwall as you face off against new and terrible foes. Employ a unique arsenal of new weapons and powers that enhance Dishonored's dynamic combat, mobility and stealth systems. In the struggle to hang onto the last shred of your humanity, the choices you make will ultimately determine your fate."
Knife of Dunwall is the second downloadable content pack for Dishonored, following the Dunwall City Trials in December. Dishonored will receive three packs in total, though the content of the final add-on has yet to be revealed.

Last week, Trophies for the new content leaked online, though Bethesda hasn't confirmed whether or not they're accurate. The Trophies refer to content titled "The Other Side of the Coin," which could hint at the title of the final add-on.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 7:12:52 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Where does this take place in the fiction? If it's before the game, why would he be searching for Redemption, and if it's postgame, the developers would kind of be ignoring a pretty serious player choice, which probably won't go over to well.

Sounds cool though.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 7:17:16 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
Ah, so now I understand why they bothered to cast Michael Madsen as Daud.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:17:24 AM PDT
Pretty sure they could try to sale it by using the Outsider as a deus ex machina to get around that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:17:28 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
Why couldn't it be happening the same time as the game?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:22:13 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Maybe it could, it seemed like he was a little busy being a villian during the game to search for redemption but who knows.

It will be interesting to see.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:25:24 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
If you listened to his monologue, he was definitely expressing remorse about what he'd done.

Either way, I'm happy to see more content for the game. I had no interest in the challenge rooms, but this seems like a nice addition to the story.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:27:58 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Cool, it's been awhile since I played it.

I'm excited for this as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:29:15 AM PDT
There was a little more info on VG247.com:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/13/dishonored-the-knife-of-dunwall-releasing-in-april/

"Explore More of Dunwall: Make your way through the Legal District and infiltrate the Rothwild Slaughterhouse, a steaming factory filled with colossal whale carcasses and their hulking butchers. Revisit the decaying Flooded District, the location of Daud's hidden base, first seen in the original game. Return to the scenes of key events in Dishonored with a new perspective, including the fateful moment that sets off Corvo's journey."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:30:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2013 7:31:10 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I never wanted to revisit the flooded district again lol.

Hopefully there aren't any of those poison spitting clams or w/e in the DLC.

edit: So it does sound like it's taking place concurrently with the main game, interesting.

Would be cool if it ended with you fighting Corvo haha.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:37:41 AM PDT
That would be cool.

This might be the first DLC pack that I buy this year.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:40:00 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
"Make your way through the Legal District and infiltrate the Rothwild Slaughterhouse, a steaming factory filled with colossal whale carcasses and their hulking butchers."

Man if PETA had a problem with whaling in Assassin's Creed 4...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:41:39 AM PDT
I hope the devs have an equally entertaining response like Ubi did.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 7:42:07 AM PDT
Yay story DLC!

BTW did anyone ever get the trials DLC?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:47:07 AM PDT
I've been out of the loop for a good while, what did Ubi say?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:48:26 AM PDT
"History is our playground in Assassin's Creed ... Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is a work of fiction that depicts the real events during the Golden Era of Pirates. We do not condone illegal whaling, just as we don't condone a pirate lifestyle of poor hygiene, plundering, hijacking ships, and over-the-legal-limit drunken debauchery."

"And even if the game does glorify whaling - as it certainly glorifies the life of a pirate - I don't think it will lead to a generation of gamers who head to the Caribbean to hunt down humpbacks. Just as I don't think anyone who played the previous Assassin's Creed games have found employment as a murderer for hire."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:54:13 AM PDT
Wow, I needed that laugh. Ubi, you make me want to like you even with what you did with Rayman: Legends. Of course, I probably wouldn't be home to play the game regardless.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:57:13 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Never read the second part, pretty good.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 10:53:31 AM PDT
Yes! More Dishonored!

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 11:25:08 AM PDT
Marvelous says:
It's about time I go back and revisit this awesome stealth game.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 11:32:52 AM PDT
careful...the stealth purists might come after you

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 11:42:44 AM PDT
Marvelous says:
They can, but I'm so stealthy, that they'd have trouble finding me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 11:45:31 AM PDT
Wait, stealth purists hated Dishonored?

If so, why?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 11:48:02 AM PDT
I thought they liked it since the game allowed for a no kill run of the full game.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 11:50:15 AM PDT
I loved it.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  39
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions