Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Are you getting both PS4 and Xbox 720, just one of them, or none at all?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 134 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 1, 2013 10:57:48 AM PST
I'm still not sure. I know I'll at least get one of them at launch, then likely wait until next year to get the other one. As far as my decision on which to get first, I have no allegiance to either brand, so whichever has the best launch lineup or that one game that really pulls me in.

I think two things that could make me get both systems would be The Last Guardian and Alan Wake 2. But if they announce Killzone 4 and Gears of War 4 as the big games for launch, I would probably skip both for the time being.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 10:59:33 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 10:59:38 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I'm holding out for information about the Steambox before I decide if I will even own a traditional console next gen. If Steambox pans out the way that I want it to, then I'll just get a PS4 sometime around 2016-2017 for the exclusives that never made it.

Of course if MGS5 turns out to be a PS4 launch title, I'm going to get a PS4 day 1.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:00:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 11:00:36 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
I'm planning on neither for a while, I may change my mind if some worthwhile exclusives are released that justify a purchase.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:00:44 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Getting a PS4 day one for sure. I wasn't planning on a 720, but after the ending of Halo 4 it's graduated to a "wait and see".

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 11:01:20 AM PST
What if it's a NextBox launch title (though a multiplat) and 3 months sooner?

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:01:22 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Probably both eventually, along with WiiU, all depends on what games are released and when.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:01:49 AM PST
klopas says:
I'm going to wait for some must-have exclusive before I jump on either bandwagon. Must... be.. patient!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 11:02:20 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
20 discs at least.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 11:02:37 AM PST
WesCyde says:
At this point owning two consoles just makes no sense for me as i have less time to game. BUt i will be waiting a good year to two years to see what the best choice is

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:02:54 AM PST
It truthfully depends for me... I'll wait to learn more about the systems/games available, and make a choice when I'm ready. My general MO is to buy one system per gen up front, and then pick up the other(s) a few years later once the next gen is out for dirt cheap... I like saving money...

Course, the rooms are already filled with various consoles from the 70s on up... really need to move to a bigger house to house all of them ;) I think the hubby is getting tired of my various gamer plans for the next house we buy... but in my defense, he gets his garage space, I get all the side bedrooms and the livingroom *laugh*

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:03:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 11:05:53 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Neither, I am all U next generation. For starters I have 100 games in my backlog and my kids are at the age where they are starting to pay attention to what is on the screen. I figure I will use the next generation to close up my backlog and play a few family friendly games on the U. I don't mean any offense to the ps4/720, I am sure they will both be great, but I have plenty of games at the moment. With little time to keep up with what I have now, I see no reason to make it worse and spending big bucks to do so. The 360 and ps3 literally put out more games than I could play. Which is fine, I will be going back and playing them over the next 4-6 years.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 11:04:45 AM PST
That's true. I really liked the 360 launch. Nothing was truly must have, but it had a solid launch with something for every genre. Horror, racing, extreme sports, fantasy/adventure, etc.

I just don't have much faith in Microsoft's exclusives these days, but maybe they'll try a little harder next generation? One can only hope. They started out this generation with some good exclusives, new IP, then dumped it all.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:12:26 AM PST
I'll likely be getting a PS4, but will wait a year (if I can handle it). I have a huge backlog because I'm a slow gamer, so I have no need to rush. That will allow Sony to iron out as many kinks as possible, the price will go down (even if it's just $50) and the library will flesh out.

Unless the 720 really wows me. But I'll admit I'm addicted to my trophies, and don't have any investment in any MS IPs.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:12:57 AM PST
N.Cooper says:
I think I'll wait for the ps4 slim sometime in late 2014

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:13:09 AM PST
Flores. says:
Not sure

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:15:05 AM PST
Sars says:
If i get one it will be the ps4. but i will wait for a price drop and for them to work all of the kinks out of it.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:15:36 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
I'm buying a PS4 day one for FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:16:09 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
The sad thing is, I probably WOULD pay five hundred and ninety nine U.S. dollars for the PS4.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 11:16:42 AM PST
Lucanus says:
That is a bald face lie.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 11:17:55 AM PST
Well, you know the value of it will be north of ten grand, so it will be a bargain! Like the $350 PS3 bundle, what a deal!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 11:18:17 AM PST
It depends on price and games.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 11:20:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 11:22:12 AM PST
Flores. says:
Nope. I really meant not sure. If I shoud buy just the PS4 or both.
I mean, if MS ditches both paying for online and their Kinect focus, they could redeem themselves.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:20:43 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
I am sure I will get them both eventually, probably neither at launch.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 11:22:29 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Then I'll wait. I've had two generations of crummy hardware issues with MS. I'm not going to go through it again.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Democratic National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Philadelphia this week 228 27 seconds ago
OT: Obama's half brother is voting for Trump 40 4 minutes ago
Xbox Games With Gold For August 2016 8 10 minutes ago
Neverwinter - PS4 7 10 minutes ago
More Bad PR For Microsoft. What Caused the Recent Decline of Xbox Hardware Sales? 1 15 minutes ago
1986 NES review; The D-Pad is "a major handicap". Look at Sega Master System or Atari 7800 instead 35 21 minutes ago
Microsoft cuts Xbox One to $250 124 30 minutes ago
Sony is the only one that lack any money making IP's 128 31 minutes ago
Injustice 2 trailer reveals Wonder Woman and Blue Beetle 2 38 minutes ago
Ghostbuster 2016 AngryJoe Review 20 39 minutes ago
Whatever Else May Happen, This is Will Always Be the Weekly Gaming Thread for July 25-29, 2016 29 1 hour ago
*SPOILERS* Images Of An Unseen Alien Race NPC From No Man Sky 0 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  65
Total posts:  134
Initial post:  Feb 1, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions