Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Far Cry 3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 346 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:28:17 AM PST
I love stealth in this game. It's fun to do a takedown from above and then drag the guys body to the bushes. Then throw a couple of rocks and take out the rest of the camp. Also you can shoot the locks off the gates of the Tiger pens and then the Tigers just destroy the defense of those little camps.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:30:52 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Yeah I prefered the sniper rifle, I think for that achievement I put a map marker over the enemy camp, and got to around 100 meters(yards w/e) before I started lining up the shot.

If you get the second sight attachment, it shows lines for where to aim depending on how far you are away.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:31:17 AM PST
*In a meeting room with the developers*

"hey, let's have cages full of deadly animals at a bunch of these camps so that they can be released and hilarious havoc can ensue!"
"But that doesn't make any sense, why would anyone have.."
"You're fired, gtfo!"

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:33:37 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Same here, stealth was absent in Far Cry 2, and they introduced the element with perfection.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:36:32 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
I have far cry 2 free from plus. Is it worth giving a try after playing 3?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:37:42 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
It's free, it can't hurt.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:38:04 AM PST
Well if you have it for free yeah, try it out. It was a game that I think a lot of people either loved or hated with more people in the hate group. Worst case is you go "no sir, I don't like it" and never touch it again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:38:06 AM PST
Scratchy says:
Not even remotely playable after playing FC3.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:39:24 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
No. Delete it and don't look back. Ever. Especially if you're playing a stealth character as stealth is broken in FC2.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:39:32 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I couldn't deny free.99. i was in the minority of players that enjoyed Far Cry 2, but honestly I don't think I could go back after experience the awesomeness of Far Cry 3!

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:42:20 AM PST
Chris... says:
I HATED Far Cry 2, but all this Far Cry 3 love makes me want it. Will I like 3 if I hated 2?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:43:07 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I love 3 and I hated 2. I was so apprehensive when the game was installing that I wasn't going to like it. It's amazing.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:43:23 AM PST
Glad you're enjoying, Fox. Easily one of 2012's best games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:46:45 AM PST
It sounds like most people love Far Cry 3 and most people hated 2. I never played 2 so I can't comment but from what I've seen of 2 it looks like a completely different game and the only thing it has in common is a name and that it's an open world shooter.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:49:37 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
2 was supposed to be awesome, but it ended up being a man (the player) dropped into a world of supermen: insanely accurate, able to hear from miles away, and xray vision to see you hiding in the brush. I didn't get very far into the game, but the marketing for the game had me sold from the beginning. I always had FC2 hanging over my head that I should give it another try. I'm glad that FC3 came out because now I don't ever have to give FC2 another shot.

BTW, rain in FC3, have you seen it? It's amazing. I love the way it soaks the dirt roads.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:50:12 AM PST
Chris... says:
Le sigh. Dishonored was going to be my next game, but you guys just sold me on this one. Too many games!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:54:12 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Dishonored is cool, but its got nothing on FarCry 3.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:56:29 AM PST
I didn't quite understand the first camp I took out. I was wondering why all these beats were caged up. Then I think I accidentally shot the door open and saw the Tiger maul 3 guys. What a great feeling to hear the scream and cries knowing you only fired one bullet. Plus it keeps a lot of heat off you while you take out the remaining camp members.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:10:57 AM PST
thought sleeping dogs was the best, then i played dishonored........the FC3 came along

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:12:00 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I think Sleeping Dogs is better than Dishonored as well.

FarCry 3 probably beats it though, but it's close.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:13:24 AM PST
Marvelous says:
i abolsutely loved Sleeping Dogs, and Dishonored finally got a hold of my stealthy heart, but there's no contest when it comes to Far Cry 3 IMO.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:32:24 AM PST
MY FC3 is still in wrapper I wont let myself play it till I finally finish plat on Resistance 3, but all the awesome comments and threads here have got me tearing through R3, just finished Superhuman difficulty in like 3 days, have a few other trophies to get than on to FC3.

I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs and prob would not have purchased it without all the comments and positive impressions here on the VGF so I'm really excited for FC3.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:07:41 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Man, I'm going to have to check out Sleeping Dogs.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:09:14 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
It's a TON of fun.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:10:55 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Yeah I 100% Sleeping Dogs, but skip on the first DLC... that was crap.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  346
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions