Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wonder book review

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 57 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:48:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 6:49:42 AM PST
"Sony has been marketing where it counts"

Where is that? I hope they do well, but I'm a mom, and I haven't seen Wonderbook marketed anywhere. If I didn't regularly participate in the VGF and follow video game news, I wouldn't have even heard of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:48:41 AM PST
I.Flores says:
The game being reviewed on the first post.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:48:58 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Yeah... uh... My 2 year old loves Nickelodeon: Spongebob, the new TNMT, that robot/monster show, etc, and I haven't seen a commercial for the Wonderbook.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:49:54 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Target market is 7-14, not two year olds.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:50:35 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Is your son in the 7-14 age range? Does he like Harry Potter?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:50:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 6:52:21 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Sorry, I forgot that advertising is now age specific. Meaning my TV only advertises to stuff a 2 year old would want regardless of what channel he is watching. Stupid me.

Did you really just say that?

How are people upvoting you? Your comment makes no sense. 7-14 year olds don't watch Nickelodeon? Or do people really think that every single TV advertises based on the person watching at that specific time?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:51:13 AM PST
I believe his point is that his kid is watching shows that are aimed at the 7-12 year old demographic, and he hasn't seen the Wonderbook advertised at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:53:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 6:54:50 AM PST
I thought the wonderbook was a laptop?

EDIT: Oh it is an object that allows augmented reality stuff? How much does this cost?

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:53:08 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I was at chuck-e-cheese this past weekend and there were Wonderbook ads all over the place and up in your face. I agree with Oskar and have faith in his guarantee™.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:55:05 AM PST
I.Flores says:
Still that doesn't prove/ discredit anything. A few days back there was a thread about LBPK not having any advertising, and that same evening I saw an LBPK ad on Nickelodeon while walking along the TV room while my boys were watching it.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:56:06 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Good scores, though still not enough to warrant picking up an entire Move for just one game, especially since it clearly is made for kids. Good for those with a Move and kids though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:56:46 AM PST
I.Flores says:
Amazon's price $35 for the game or $75 for the game/eye/move controller bundle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:57:06 AM PST
My son is five-and-a-half, but as with Foxhound's kid, he regularly watches things that are geared toward a slightly older demographic. That said, he isn't a huge Harry Potter fan, so you could have a point there. Frankly, from what I've seen, we're already on the tail-end of the HP craze. That was more of my stepdaughter's thing when she was little, and she's 16 now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:57:12 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
I am sorry you don't understand the world of advertising.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:58:19 AM PST
I got to say, it looks pretty damn nifty. And a good price too.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:58:38 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I honestly think Wonderbook is a good idea but the marketing has been non-existent in the US for it. Supposedly the marketing budget for this is bigger than the Move in Europe but from what I have heard there hasn't been that big of a push for it there either.

I actually plan on buying Wonderbook but I have two games coming next week so I am holding off.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:59:02 AM PST
The Move bundle is $75 with this game, when compared to a full retail game that is not too shabby.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:59:37 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Yep, its price point is perfect for parents and being Harry Potter related it is irresistible to kids.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:00:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 7:01:43 AM PST
I.Flores says:
$75 is the same price as the Skylanders starter set. And you can use the Move controller/PSeye for many other games too.
Unlike the Skylanders portal.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:01:39 AM PST
I'm seeing $39.96 for the game only and $79.96 for the Move bundle.

Anyway, we already have the Move and will likely pick this up eventually, but the fact that the reviewer specifically mentions some difficulty getting the camera set up definitely gives me pause. We have perpetual problems with this on all of the AR Move games, and it's frustrating to the point that we rarely ever use the Move at all anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:02:43 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Yeah, Sports Champions 2 is a big draw to the older kids in the age range as well. And parents love Sports Champions!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:02:56 AM PST
Lucanus says:
That isn't bad, but still a bit high, IMHO. Though bare in mind outside Zelda and Skyrim I haven't bought a game at full price in years. I always wait for the 6 month price drop. I am cheap like that. If my girls were a bit older, I'd considered this bundle. Sony should have launched with something like this for the Move. IMHO, it is the first good game (dedicated game) for the Move. Everything else has been blah.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:04:04 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Wonderbook: Book of Spells PlayStation Move Bundle

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:04:41 AM PST
Yeah, when I click on that the price is $79.96.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:06:03 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I see, my bad. I thought you couldn't find it. I read incorrectly. My apologies.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  57
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions