Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Watch Dogs for Wii U.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 62 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:52:38 PM PST
Aku says:
It was pretty cool but kind of confusing.

Hurray, you saved that defenseless woman! Hurray, you...you just made that cop crash into a metal pole going sixty miles an hour? Hurray? Why the hell am I giving three dozen people on this train whiplash?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:52:48 PM PST
I got ahead of myself while typing and forgot to include that I was addressing Dustin with that last part.

@ Dustin

I get that you take jabs at all consoles but this thread really didn't need it nor did it need to become a thread about the PS4 conference.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:53:57 PM PST
I think your character is something of a vigilante. Notice how when he went in to help that woman he pulled the handkerchief over his face to hide who he was.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:56:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 7:00:02 PM PST
I have to agree with Keji on this one. Does everything have to be about silly console wars? Can't we for once talk about actual games instead? The constant back handed jabs have long since grown old, at least for me they have. I don't care what system people buy Watchdogs for, just enjoy the actual game and stfu.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:01:36 PM PST
DVvM says:
Hey! I'm concerned about the game itself, not whatever console you play it on!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:02:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 7:05:17 PM PST
I wasn't referring to you. I thought your comments were on topic. In fact I am not sure I have ever seen you engage in silly console war crap. You appear to be among the few level headed individuals here. I wish more posters were like you.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 7:25:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 7:30:49 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
The simple announcement of this game for Wii U shows that IT WILL compete as a next generation console with the PS4 and NextBox. The days of huger than imaginable graphical leaps are over, this new gen won't be a repeat of the Wii/360/PS3 in term of graphics.

Sony's "Dualshock 4" and it's touch-pad also sends a message, that just like every sensible person was saying all along, this generation won't be decided by graphical grunt. It will be decided by player experiences, and whichever experience delivers the most enjoyment will be the winner. Sony's DS4 touch-pad, Nintendo's Wii U Game-Pad and whatever Microsoft's planning IS the future of gaming. What were carelessly called "gimmicks" yesterday will define gaming tomorrow.

That's the message between the lines in these announcements, not sure what some of you heard though.

EDIT: Of course, you can arbitrarily down-vote my post instead of trying to prove me wrong, that's within your capabilities. What's outside of your control however, is making what I just said any less true.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:45:48 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:35:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:47:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 7:47:49 PM PST
Its main purpose was about Watch Dogs being made official for the Wii-U though, not the content of the PS4 conference or what system is capable of what.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:48:56 PM PST

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 7:49:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 7:49:42 PM PST
Waldo says:
Ouch.....Poor Wii U never gets any love....lol

"It's been six years since Sony launched the PlayStation 3 and seven years since Microsoft launched its competing Xbox 360. Late last year, Nintendo revealed the Wii U - its new home game machine and the successor to the Wii. But so far, the Wii U's lackluster sales and technical specs that make it seem more on par with the current generation Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, suggest this machine is more of an interim step in the three-way gaming battle".

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/sony-reveals-playstation-4-fires-first-shot-next-console-war-1C8452386

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:50:25 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:03:40 PM PST
N. Gay says:
well said

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:13:01 PM PST
Not really, just getting sick of threads being derailed with nonsense like this.

You were trolling and I called you on it. Instead of discussing the game, what the Wii-U could bring to the table with its version, and the new demo we saw today it became a pissing match over the PS4 and the announcement event. There's already a thread for that, did this really need to become that as well? No it didn't.

I'm more annoyed than anything else, I wanted to discuss the game and instead I'm doing this.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:17:04 PM PST
R. Typo says:
The gamepad shouldn't be discounted, even if the only use is for off screen gameplay. In a game like this though, the gamepad could be a really cool representation of the 'hacking phone' the protagonist seems to use.

While the ps4 looks like an awesome system, I can't imagine the U version won't hold its own.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:18:34 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:23:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 8:29:11 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
That's just the way some people operate Keji. You can't force a baby to walk, can't force a child to think like an adult, can't teach maturity. All these things come in time or don't at all.

In the case of online threads, you have anonymous posters with a username just seeking to get a rise out of pissing you off. That is to say, you're playing their asinine game and getting strung along.

As for trolling? I absolutely hate the very idea of it. All trolling is nothing but an excuse to get away with being an A$$. No one really knows who's being serious and who's "trolling", because it's far too convenient. Which is why anytime someone "trolls" I immediately deem them non-credible on ALL of their future posts.

Humor and "trolling" are two entirely different things...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:27:47 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:31:28 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
You see, we came here to discuss a particular topic. Anyone NOT discussing that topic is an annoyance to those who are. If annoying someone for the sake OF annoying someone is fun to you then it is not I who has a problem here...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:31:32 PM PST
Great post, I don't know who downvoted you but this is spot on.

Watch Dogs on Wii U will be as fun as the other versions, possibly even more fun depending on how the gamepad figures into the game.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:33:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 8:34:33 PM PST
It's on every system, including PS3 and 360.

The PS4 version is basically Gun on Xbox 360. It may be improved in small ways.

Also, regarding the "gimped" debate, Was Epic Mickey 2 better on Wii U or Wii? I know, the game wasn't good anywhere is what someone saying something witty will say, but the Wii version was better than the Wii U version. Saying the PS4 version is better and the other versions are "gimped" is patently untrue at this point.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:35:37 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:39:06 PM PST
DVvM says:
I really like discussing Mass Effect, but I have no idea what it has to do with this thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:41:07 PM PST
R. Typo says:
This isn't about ME, it's about U.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:41:46 PM PST
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  62
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions