Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Too bad Halo 4 is so awesome...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 98 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:52:07 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
It was just bad. It was very engaging and found myself not really caring about what happened and just wanting it to be over. From the get go it was a convoluted mess. The intro with dr. Halsey wasnt nessesary or could have been altered to feature chief's backstory and cortana (which is one thing 343 promised and failed to deliver on. The villain wasn't fleshed out at all, and his motives unclear, as well as the libraian's without watching the terminal videos. It also fell into clicheville with the diadect going after a weapon to wipe out humanity. Half of the game involved getting of a planet and not saving anything and the ending left much to be desired with cortana and chief surviving a nuke. It just wasn't my thing and I was very underwhelmed. It could have been loads better with a few tweaks here and there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:38:30 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Same. Way better story than other sci-fi shooters like Killzone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:40:21 AM PST
FOGE says:
The story in Killzone games are meh, but the lore is awesome. Def gotta say Halo is better on both accounts though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:42:37 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
The Killzone games have amazing potential in the story department, as the Helghast are quite awesome foes, but the guys you play as are always pretty one dimensional. One of the worst squad NPC guys ever is definitely Rico.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:43:34 AM PST
I agree, I didn't like Killzone 2 much, but I played through because I liked the lore. 3 was a nice improvement. But, you're right, Halo is miles better on both accounts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:00:38 AM PST
FOGE says:
I cant stand Rico. They def toned him down for KZ3. I loved the parallels in the story of KZ2 and the modern Iraq war. Thought it was clever how an overwhelming numbers in a weaker army could decimate a tougher more advanced force. The story in 3 did nothing for me. I hated the ending. Too abrupt and overthetop.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:58:34 AM PST
Joshua C says:
Unless playing Halo 1 or 2 (the original releasesm not the H1 Anniversary). Original xbox games require a hard drive for the emulator

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:04:15 AM PST
Joshua C says:
Except there was a backstory for the chief, its a terminal right when you wake up in the first mission (there's even an achievement for it). The terminals videos are amazing, and I'm glad they were optional things to look for (not so happy I had to switch to Waypoint to watch them....). I liked the intro with Halsey, its great to see that even years later she still had faith in John to find his way back and wasn't giving up on him.

And....
MASSIVE SPOILERS.
The Diadact wasn't getting a weapon, he was getting a tool. He was going to turn humanity into his army to destroy the flood and bring about the resurgence of the Forerunners. That's not even in optional videos, that's straight from the campaign.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:20:06 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
I know what he was going to use it for, I used going after a weapon as cliche. You shouldn't have to look for a terminal to find backstory on your main character. I feel the intro should have been the creation of cortana and then they could have shown her bond with chief through the years, or have done something with chief's backstory ala the commercial by david lynch. Didact and lbrarian's story could have been inserted here and there to make things more clear. Just my opinion.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:01:44 PM PST
AndrewA says:
What's an hdd?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:21:42 PM PST
Joshua C says:
I feel if you're going to play the fourth title in a franchise, you should probably know the backstory of the main character from the get-go, and the not-exactly-hidden console is just a nice touch. The didact and librarian backstory isn't crucial to enjoying the game, so I like that they don't force you to watch it.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:48:34 PM PST
Oh, never mind. I just found Dust514, and its looking extremely spectacular.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 1:29:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 1:29:29 AM PST
Hard Disk Drive

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 2:04:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 2:05:09 AM PST
JinTX says:
Man why on earth did you buy a slim without the HDD? It's a minor difference if even any difference at all if you shop smart. Microsoft was sly releasing the 4gb model knowing people would eventually need a HDD and buy one, but it seems like they also lost out on potential sales on H4... maybe not enough to offset the difference.

I'll never own a system without a HDD anymore. That's another reason I think the WiiU is a joke. They upsell you from an 8gb version to a 32gb version for a $50 premium? FFS I can buy a flash drive with 32gb of memory for half that or even less. People are sheep.

Edit: Not to mention the 8gb version is overpriced in its own right, making the 32gb version disgustingly overpriced.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 2:05:57 AM PST
Joshua C says:
Every version of the deluxe I've seen also includes Nintendoland, the 8gb model doesn't. So it's not just the 24 gigs, it's the $50 game.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 2:06:19 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
>>Too bad Halo 4 is so awesome...<<

and yet got a lower score than Halo 3 and takes literally only 4 hours to beat (according to what one of you said anyway). so in that case, it isn't worth payin $40 even, much less $60.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 2:11:59 AM PST
Joshua C says:
Obviously everyone only buys Halo 4 for the campaign.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 2:15:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 2:20:24 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
@ Pick 34

oh i'm sure they will make a Halo 5 and 6 in the future, without Halo, people would probably lose interest in the X360, cause Halo is pretty much what makes the X360 so popular. Gears, Fable, Forza are pretty much small compared to Halo when it comes to people's interests.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 2:42:50 AM PST
4 hours seems short. Took me about 8-9 hours solo on Heroic my first time through. The SP portion is supposed to be played on Legendary, so if someone beat it 4 hours first run, they did it on Easy, or Normal with co-op. 4 hours on Normal after you played through it sounds reasonable though. It's all about how you play the game. If you're just trying to run through it, you can make the same arguement about any game. Ocarina of Time can be beat in 4-6 hours, doesn't mean it isn't a good, lengthy campaign if you want it to be.

Also, they already mentioned that this'll be another trilogy, so definitely Halo 5 and 6 :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 4:36:21 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Yeah, 4 hours would be a nice feat. I estimate for me, it'll be more like 16 hours before I actually finish (but I'm not that great with shooter type games). However, the MP keeps on going and going. Well worth the money IMO.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:31:08 AM PST
343i has already said that Halo 4 is the first game in the Reclaimer trilogy (which will include 5 and 6 and most likely be on the Next Gen Xbox) and will explore more into the character of John-117. The great thing about Halo is the history....besides the game there are a plethora of books and other media about the world (Forward Unto Dawn). One of the great things Bungie did was not only build a game with recurring set of characters, but a world that can continued to be explored for many more games.

As far as the campaign....I can play through many campaigns in under several hours on the easiest settings, but I have to ask how many are burning through Halo 4 on Legendary? Whats Halo's biggest selling point has always been has been the Campaign Co-op and the Multiplayer. I played through Halo 3 campaign probably a dozen times with friends and I'm sure Halo 5 will be no different.

As far as the HDD....I always say that you get what you pay for....if you wanted to save a buck and forgo an HDD for your console then you are going to be limited in what you can do. You can always upgrade the HDD or pick up a flash drive if you feel you are too limited, but in this day you have to know that many games will require you to have some information that needs to be saved or downloaded.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:04:31 AM PST
pyroguy says:
i've heard (and seen) the Railgun in the game is pretty bada$$, and is practically a one-hit kill

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:07:05 AM PST
Really dig the Railgun....I've never used it on a vehicle, but it seems like it could do some damage....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:15:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 6:15:46 AM PST
pyroguy says:
well i've seen it in action when watching the RoosterTeeth guys playing on the "Halo 4" multi-player maps on their Lets Play game series, and that Railgun pretty much owns any opposing player with a direct headshot, hence the "one-hit" kill

EDIT: Not to mention, it's also my weapon of choice when playing "Duke Nukem Forever" too

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:16:43 AM PST
I've used it on people in the game, but wondered how it fared against a vehicle (is it more of a sniper or closer to the Lazer)...
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Microsoft: "Call of Duty following Advanced Warfare to be Xbox exclusive." 13 55 seconds ago
Weekly Hardware Chart 05th July 2014 Sony Does Xbox One Like Germany Did Brazil 55 1 minute ago
Immature Gaming Habits Past and Present 0 1 minute ago
MicroSoft: Announces New SKU with Swappable Non-Propriety Hard-Drive 2 2 minutes ago
Three games from last gen games that i would love to see a sequal for but probably never will 31 2 minutes ago
NeoGaf: Once Hyped Games That Are Now Completely Forgotten 117 2 minutes ago
Zelda U Collector's Edition Wii U Bundle Announced, Will Include Exclusive Amiibo Character 16 3 minutes ago
Super Smash Bros. exclusive characters for owning both the Wii U and 3DS version 0 5 minutes ago
Well, it's been a great time here, but I'm checking out in 2 weeks. 36 5 minutes ago
What gaming generation has been the most exciting for you? 47 7 minutes ago
MIA*˛ 2304 11 minutes ago
Grand Strategy fans... 38 12 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  98
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions