Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Sneakiest kills in video games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 55 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 11:30:33 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I had to do that with that car, arena combat thing. I go into the arena, then die, then respawn outside and just take a rocket launcher and fire it at the cars inside until they all die.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 11:34:48 AM PST
That's what I did too! That area was impossible if you tried to solo it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 11:40:47 AM PST
Nah, just drive in circles hitting the lock on button constantly and flinging rockets the whole time.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 11:45:42 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
How about the Old King in Demon's Souls, hit him, run away, wait until he forgets about you, sneak up on him, stab him in the back, then repeat.

That was pretty sneaky.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 12:02:42 PM PST
klopas says:
In Lode Runner when you dig a pit and then the enemy unsuspectingly falls into the pit. Then the pit closes by itself. Sneaktastic!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:02:30 PM PST
Home Fried says:
In Grand Theft Auto, if the target was outside, and I was in a car, I go for a hit-and-run. They never see the car coming until its too late

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:51:56 AM PST
waxc3 says:
air strikes on entire camps in Just Cause 2 comes to mind.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:58:08 AM PST
In Dishonored I'd freeze time, fire a crossbow bolt at all but 1 dude, and then hide.

That one dude will see 3 crossbow bolts seem to appear out of thin air, kill everyone around him, and never know what happened.

I'd like to think I'm not just sneaky but cause someone to go insane.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 9:05:24 AM PST
FOGE says:
That worked really well online. Especially when they are engaging another target.

I was playing GTA IV online once and this guy on my team was trying to grief me. He kept punching me so Id stumble and shooting at me to distract me. Then I turned around and saw that my timing couldnt be perfect. I punched him just once and a bus came by and he fell in front of the bus and got smoked. I couldnt stop laughing. He started yelling about something but I was laughing to hard to hear it.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 9:31:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 9:32:25 AM PST
Kendahl says:
All these are fun but seriously, is anything more fun than in Brotherhood hiding in a bale of hay and having your target meander past and then jump out for the kill at just the right time? You even get a trophy/achievement for it... Aerial kills are pretty cool too. I wish I could see the look on other players' faces when they look up just in time to see someone jumping on them for the kill. Awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 10:27:52 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Nothing is a better than a poision kill in any AC multiplayer game. Just love walking up, and even if they stun me, they run off an die a slow death.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 10:41:37 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Agreed poison kills are pretty awesome...and worth a ton of points too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 11:02:55 AM PST
"is anything more fun than in Brotherhood hiding in a bale of hay and having your target meander past and then jump out for the kill at just the right time?"

Pickpocketing someone in Fallout 3 and replacing the stolen goods with an armed landmine?

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 11:12:04 AM PST
Hmm, how about the boomerang trick from the original Zelda where you would shoot it out to the corner of the room and use it to sweep up those annoying bats... little rats with wings never saw it coming :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 11:25:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 11:27:11 AM PST
I was doing my pacifist playthrough before the patch and the thugs in Detroit kept dying on me for no reason. I assumed they were allegic to the tranq darts.

My own "sneakiest kill" was realizing that rat swarms ate unconscious bodies in Dishonored. I thought I was being kind by stacking four sleeping guards in the basement of a home in the slums. Turns out I was just getting experience in the fine art of rodent restaurant management.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 11:35:02 AM PST
Joel H. says:
Last night in Far cry 3, I snuck into the back of an enemy encampment just as friendly rebels approached the front. The rebels opened fire and shot open the cage of an imprisoned tiger.. the tiger proceeds to eat each of the rebels, then proceeds to eat each of the enemy guards, and as it kills the last guard, the tiger dissapears and the completed! mini-cutscene ensues.

After the cutscene the tiger spawns back in the cage. I literally did nothing. So i guess this is more of the AI's most sneakiest kill. Or most kamikaze. Great game!

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 12:19:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 12:19:45 PM PST
That kind of thing happens to me a lot in Far Cry 3. I had set a fire to panic some soldiers into a minefield I planted. Instead, a goddam leopard kills the soldiers and the rest of the camp chases the beast into the underbrush where they are eventually incinerated by the fire. Mission complete, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 12:50:07 PM PST
Joel H. says:
haha that's awesome. Any idea if i can do the co-op online without an online pass?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 4:00:30 PM PST
I'm gonna guess no, but I don't know for sure because I'm playing it on PC. I'll bet co-op is a blast though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 4:05:20 PM PST
Joel H. says:
But what if i have a really good attitude and just try over and over? I mean i'll get pity acceptance eventually right? Like in mmos?

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 4:22:20 PM PST
Rofl. Ubisoft is more likely to delete your saves instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 4:26:58 PM PST
Joel H. says:
Well ima try tonight sir and i'll let ya know! I will post something obscure sometime monday that you probably won't see! We'll find out then!

Well i'll find out tonight. You aren't cheap so you'll find out whenever you want to.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 8:19:59 AM PST
pyroguy says:
this happened to me when fighting the first Battlelord in "Duke Nukem Forever", where if you hide behind the 2nd EDF ammo crate near some debris the very moment the Battlelord jumps down to fight, you can use the debris pile to your advantage to protect yourself from his mini-gun and mortar rounds, while spamming him with RPG's and Pipebombs. A guy I know on YouTube had done a walkthrough on the Insane Difficulty, and he'd done this exact trick (which i've tried myself several times) and actually worked.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 8:39:05 AM PST
Some of the sneak kills in KoA, especially for big enemies, are awesome.

Taking out two guys at once in DE:HR is really cool.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 8:44:13 AM PST
I still love oblivion's brotherhood missions. Some of the places I needed to sneak in were quite fun until I got my chameleon up to 110%.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  55
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions