Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

When is the Wii U releasing?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 104 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:40:16 AM PST
There's a lot of unanswered questions for there to be a release date so close...I hardly know about the Wii U.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:40:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 7:43:28 AM PST
Lucanus says:
If they have 4 million consoles, all are sold out. How would advertising increase sales 2x? I am perfectly calm, I have done nothing but ask a few simple questions you have avoided answering. The system is sold out, Nintendo can't increase sales until they have more units. Really it is simple my friend. You claim only works if there is an infinite number of consoles for sale, that isn't the case. Nintendo cannot increase launch day sales, it is sold out worldwide.

I think Nintendo is in a tough spot. On one hand they need to let people know there is a new console out, but on the other U offers a good price because Wii Remotes, Nunchucks, Games, Fit Board, ect all work on the U. So they want to keep the name attached and let peope know they don't have to rebuy a bunch of extras. It will be a tough line for them to walk.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:40:47 AM PST
Skyrim will be 19.99 new everywhere for Black Friday/CM. Bet money?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:41:27 AM PST
Lucanus says:
OH snap, thanks for the update. Placing order in 3....2.... 1..

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:42:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 7:44:14 AM PST
Lucanus says:
This I agree with. I still don't know if the Pro controller will work with current VC titles, despite emailing Nintendo directly. Quite frankly I don't get why so many people have a U preordered. I love Nintendo and I am not confident in keeping my preorder. I don't get what people are seeing at the moment. Nintendo hasn't answered very many questions and the lineup seems average.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:42:56 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
No bets lol, I was just letting him know if he wants it now as that's better than the $50+ it's been going for. I have Skyrim on PC myself.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:43:26 AM PST
jtshiel says:
The 3DS bombed with advertising too. I mean, Nintendo just put a "3" in front of DS and confused soccer moms across America. I'm surprised Nintendo is still in business.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:47:33 AM PST
Same. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:48:24 AM PST
After the Wii scalped North America literally, allowing thousands to make millions while small children wept openly in their mothers' arms, and those mothers did unthinkable deeds to secure Nintendo's latest, the throbbing N declared that it would supply sufficient numbers of systems in the future to avoid breaking apart families.

But, then they released the 3DS. They made enough for every man, woman, and child to swim Scrooge McDuck style through them, and it literally tore the big N's heart from its cold, Japanese chest.

The Wii U will follow the Wii's lead, and be hard to get for a long while, until anyone who doesn't have one literally can not stand it, causing their heads to explode.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:48:29 AM PST
M. McFly says:
gotta agree with the OP, its November I haven't seen or heard anything outside of gaming websites. Since Ninny is selling this thing at a loss this year my guess the marketing budget is close to Nil, they could use a PR campaign or two though.... Probably as we get closer to black friday i am hpoing to see more exposure.... Def not building up to the release date though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:50:51 AM PST
They advertised the Wii? It came out after the Gamecube (which was a complete change in direction [motion control])... Motion Control was UNHEARD of at that time. People thought it was a revolutionary thing. They didn't make near as many as they should; they had no idea of it's potential.

Now that they know how popular the Wii was, they are resorting to tablet style game play, and aren't advertising it at all. Plus they are keeping most of the questions under wraps.

I don't understand.....arghjntjkgsdnf

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:53:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 7:53:24 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Maybe they want to spend their advertising budget on securing third party properties. Huh? Ever think of that?

Keller is the worst Nintendo fanboy in the history of fanboys.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:54:26 AM PST
Lucanus says:
How so? What exactly have I stated that is fanboyish?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:55:41 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I don't mean worst of the Nintendo fanboys. I mean that you suck at being a Nintendo fanboy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:56:17 AM PST
I don't think you are a fanboy, I think you are a bipolar fanboy.

:D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:57:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 7:57:47 AM PST
Lucanus says:
How so? I am curious as to what I have stated in this thread is untrue?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:58:06 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Nice Chris Hansen impersonation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:58:59 AM PST
Lucanus says:
K. Thanks for the clarity, you can go back to being the most bitter poster on the forums now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:00:14 AM PST
Nintendo being creative, for starters.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:00:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 8:02:21 AM PST
Lucanus says:
The bipolar is easy to explain. I love Nintendo games but hate Nintendo as a company. Nintendo does everything backwards and illogical when it comes to everything non software, but their software is such that I put up with it. It is a love/hate relationship.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:00:41 AM PST
Lol, we all know Fox is bitter though. I can't pick up on your fanboyism, but sometimes it's obvious.

Head = blown

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:01:00 AM PST
The Wii U is pretty nice, the screen is better than I was expecting, and the sticks feel responsive (better than the ps3's, just short of the 360's). The ergonomics of the gamepad aren't Lohansian bad, but they aren't great either, definitely not as comfortable as the hand condom controllers we know, love, lube and use.

My biggest gripe with the Wii U is that they simply didn't make any big time, showstopper games for its launch. And coming after the 3DS' ishtty launch, for shame.

NSMBU looks fantastic, but just not something that makes me want to ask the Wii U for its literal hand in a long term commitment. A Galaxy title, a connected Mario Kart, why not both, are the games that will cause me to drop my drawers and open my pocket book.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 8:01:19 AM PST
FOGE says:
I sense great anger in this thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:01:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 8:03:16 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Analog, rumble, motion controls, 3D on a portable gaming, dual screens on a portable device, etc. Yep, nothing original there. Sony started it all. How is Smash Sony Bros? Has Sony ever thought about making a Kart racer? That is a great original idea.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 8:01:38 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I'm not bitter. I'm sweet with just a hint of rustic.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  104
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions