Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Retrogaming Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 232 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 11:29:38 AM PDT
neu Tron says:
I always thought the TG16 was a cool console. I liked the way the console itself looked, and those game "cards" were indestructible. My buddy had a Turbo Express and used to let me borrow it from time to time, so I played a lot of TG16 games back in the day.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:33:06 AM PDT
Hadji says:
Yeah it is but SNES and Genesis have so many more great games than TG16.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 11:33:34 AM PDT
neu Tron says:
Totally agree.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:37:52 AM PDT
But the TG16 has Lords of the Rising Sun ;)

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:40:44 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
I'd like to grab a TG16 someday. The Bonk games looked like a lot of fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 11:41:14 AM PDT
neu Tron says:
They were very fun!

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:43:24 AM PDT
I still have mine and enjoy playing it every now and again :) I never finished Cosmic Fantasy 2 and always mean to go back and finish it off.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:44:00 AM PDT
Hadji says:
I've actually been playing TG16 today. I was playing Bonk, Ninja spirit, and Vigilante. The Bonk gamews and Ninja Spirit are real good games but Vigilante is a so so sequel to that old NES game I believe was called Kung Fu.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 11:45:15 AM PDT
neu Tron says:
Ninja Spirit was a real good game. I'd almost forgotten about that one.

Bloody Wolf was awesome too. I think I played the first Splatterhouse on TG16 as well. Not sure if it was out for other platforms or if it was exclusive to TG16 at the time.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:47:26 AM PDT
Ninja spirit is awesome... another one I mean to finish one day, grrr... I always got stuck at the part that you go down in a freefall, and have to avoid the ghost ninjas that appear. Of course, that was when I was like 12 years old, so I would hope it would be possible now *laugh*

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 11:49:43 AM PDT
neu Tron says:
I thought Ninja Spirit was better than The Legend of Kage. I remember those two games were compared pretty often by fanboys at my school.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:52:59 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
That's good because Legend of Kage was turrible.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:55:11 AM PDT
I originally played Ys on the TG 16 also :) Another great gem on the system, along with my constant favorite Military Madness.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:57:35 AM PDT
Hadji says:
The shame is that in order to play one of the potentially best games on NEC's system you need that d*** expensive cd player or a expensive all in one turbo duo! I'm of course talking about Castlevania Rondo of blood. You might be able to download it for Wii though. I haven't played it but it sure looks awesome on youtube!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 12:02:31 PM PDT
neu Tron says:
Y's III came out on the Turbo CD as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 12:07:17 PM PDT
A fun game too, but couldn't quite accept that they turned it into a side view experience.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 12:09:08 PM PDT
Hadji says:
Yeah it looks like a lot of potentially good games came out on cd. But check out the prices for the cd player or a turbo duo on Ebay!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 12:09:56 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
They're insane.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 12:18:50 PM PDT
Gameresq says:
Military Madness was easily one of the best games on Turbo Grafx 16. The sequel "Nectaris" on PS1 was one of the best strategy games ever made.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 2:07:00 PM PDT
Hey says:
How different is that one from Dracula X on SNES? It's a port of said game, isn't it?

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 4:45:16 PM PDT
Hadji says:
It's supposed to be way better from what I understand. I'm only going on what I've seen on youtube and reccomendations on youtube and reviews and such. It looks awesome though, I think there is supposed to be a remake for PSP so if you have a PSP you might want to check up on it. I haven't heard very good things about the SNES version though.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 5:05:52 PM PDT
Hey says:
I remember renting the SNES one when I was a kid and I remember rather enjoying it. I was also eleven and I enjoyed like every game at the time. I'm sure I'd enjoy it at least for nostalgia nowadays. If only it wouldn't cost me $100+ to get it.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 5:28:14 PM PDT
Hadji says:
Yeah I forgot to mention the price, I was so caught up in the cd player and tubo duo's prices. Also forgot to mention this is a Japanese game so you most likely will have to buy it from a Japanese seller on Ebay unless you can find somebody that's already bought it in the U.S. It must be playable to non Japanese though because every review I've seen is in English. Then again it's castlevania so probably very little text to read and what is there is probably story line. This game is supposed to be on PSP, anybody on here own it? From my understanding though I think the cd players and turbo duo's are supposed to be region free but I'm not 100% positive about that.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 5:58:29 PM PDT
Hey says:
Yeah, right? That game is way too overpriced on every console it's on. Have you looked at the SNES Dracula X prices?

Castlevania: Dracula X

Take a look. Crazy stuff.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 7:20:31 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Picked up Cybernator, Art of Fighting, and Magic Sword over the weekend (don't remember if I said that). So far, Cybernator and Magic Sword are kicking my ass.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  232
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions