Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Have you ever got suckered in by hype...only to realize the game was total crap?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 183 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:08:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 5:10:27 PM PST
ebrown0104 says:
Uncharted 3

NOW HEAR ME OUT!!! Uncharted 2 is probably my favorite game ever. When I heard of all the new stuff they were adding into U3 I thought that it would be the be-all end-all of action/adventure games. Seriously, how could it not be? It's my favorite game, only better. I did the Subway multiplayer beta and I liked it even more than U2's online. I was geeked for this game. I played through the single player and when I got to the end, I kinda sat there for a minute and said to myself, "That's it?" I haven't replayed it yet to see if my opinion changes, but I was a little disappointed. I'm thinking that when I do play it again after a year it'll be a lot more enjoyable since A) I won't be expecting anything earth-shattering and B) It's still a damn fine game, but my first run through was a little bit "meh."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:55:58 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
I totally agree with you they are the worst games ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:55:16 PM PST
M. says:
LA Noire

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:54:11 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
Socom I can agree with but Halo and God of War, seriously you just don't like system exclusives at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:51:45 PM PST
Joel H. says:
It had batman in it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:51:16 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
If you hate Sony so much just play Halo.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:49:05 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
How can Halo Reach dissapoint you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:47:55 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
Brute Force was actually pretty good to me despite the fact that I was stuck at some part and can't get through it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:42:51 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
Mass effect is not the worst game ever, Batman Arkham City is the worst game of all time.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 3:32:57 PM PST
Home Fried says:
Well for me, it was Grand Theft Auto IV. I like it, but for as much hype as the game got, it didn't fully deliver. I missed total customization of the main character. Still looking forward to GTA V though.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 8:44:59 AM PST
Damn, for all the games that are truly "total crap" and I'm seeing stellar games getting named.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:22:29 AM PST
I didn't think the game was total crap, but I regretted my time with Uncharted 2. It was a very high quality game. I like 3d platforming, I like TPS, I like good stories with interesting characters; I should have loved Uncharted 2. It just didn't click for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:17:37 AM PST
Did you play the single player? I'm having a ton of fun with it. I could see it as someone's GotY just for the single player. As others have said, surely you don't think the game is total crap just because you don't love it, do you?

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 6:51:57 AM PST
Phranctoast says:
Borderlands.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 6:45:46 AM PST
AmmmY says:
The amazon gold box deals.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 6:05:54 AM PST
MW3 had horrible maps, Black Ops maps were okay. And there was hardly any support for any COD after COD4. Black Ops 2 nailed it in my opinion.
I didn't play Moh2010 on PC or MP.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 6:04:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 6:04:24 AM PST
I don't disagree that the campaign was great, if short. For $20 it would have been perfect. Instead, it was one of the earlier games on the PC that came out at $60. And multiplayer was done in a different engine by a different team, had weak/non-existent anti-cheat (people could teleport you into the sky and get credit for kills with your entire team "suiciding"), and was dominated by camping snipers and maps with single choke-point designs.

That's one thing Call of Duty gets right on the MP side of things. Most maps have at least three paths, so there is at least the possibility of strategy. If the enemies are gathering at one point to lock it down, you can flank one of the weaker routes. That isn't an option in MoH 2010 on most maps. It results in a stalemate a huge percentage of the time, to the point where people would quit if they weren't on the defending team and able to camp for the win.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:55:33 AM PST
Halo 4. Everyone said it's great and amazing and while I agree it's fun, The interface is horrible and annoying. The gameplay just isn't as fun as it used to be. Maybe because there is a huge reliance on buffs or perks.

It's funny because, my friends talked down Black Ops 2 and it's the game I'm having the most fun in multiplayer on at the moment. And it always used to be vice versa. I love both franchises altogether, but Halo 4 is not the game of the year so many make it out to be.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 5:50:02 AM PST
Medal of Honor 2010 was actually a really good game though...just a 4 hour campaign isn't worth 60 bucks.

I bought mine for 19.99 new and never regretted the purchase.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 5:42:01 AM PST
Homefront was a big one. It was supposed to be the answer to the same-old Call of Duty rehashes every year, but it got terrible support and they tried to charge for DLC before they fixed it. Asking for more money before delivering a complete product is a sure-fire way to destroy a game.
See Medal of Honor 2010 and Warfighter for more examples of the same.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 10:30:44 PM PST
Nicos says:
Not so much industry hype, but I got pretty hyped watching the videos for Test Drive Unlimited 2 and it was a huge letdown. Especially since I loved the original one. Ditto for Homefront.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:05:15 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
damn, I wish I could name something but I can't justify them being total crap.
I've been disappointed plenty of times, but I guess the games weren't soooo bad.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:01:17 PM PST
G. Krein says:
They most likely re the console players that are jealous of the hardware us pc gamers have.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 3:00:12 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 17, 2012 3:22:03 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 2:31:49 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 17, 2012 2:38:14 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  98
Total posts:  183
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions