Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

What is, in your mind, the single most epic moment in all of gaming?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 83 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:43:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2012 8:44:28 AM PST
Sparhawk says:
Bonsai Bill and Banzai Bill are...quite different, you could say.

Half-Life 1's missile silo full of blind tentacles was pretty memorable. Crouching around silently and watching them in case it decided to tap-tap-tap at your location, finding a crate atop the ladder you need to use...

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 11:53:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 11:55:16 AM PST
DukeNole says:
Not surprisingly, the ones I was thinking of have been mentioned:

Exiting Vault 101 in Fallout 3
Entering Rapture for the first time in Bioshock
The "ending" of RDR

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 11:38:51 AM PST
Discovering The Flood in Halo.

That was freaking scary, bordering on true horror.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 11:35:33 AM PST
JWK says:
Playing the first level of Super Mario World when i was 10. Sega had been pummeling Nintendo (PR-wise) for a year with their "Genesis Does" commercials. Then when I saw the giant Bonzai Bill in a colorful world, it was like Nintendo saying, "Eff you, Sega. We're still the king." Someone once said that screenshots of Mario standing in front of that Bonzai Bill was like the shot heard round the world, declaring that the 16 bit console wars were beginning. To me, nothing matches that.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 11:27:23 AM PST
the most epic moment is when you get at the end of the game and you save the princess. i like to pretend the princess is marcy

your frind kent

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 11:05:16 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
All the True endings in Catherine.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 11:00:15 AM PST
Lucanus says:
For me it was Aeris dying, I was shocked. Stunned I tell you! The scene was moving, especially the music. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 10:59:19 AM PST
Coffee says:
It's been so long since I played KOTOR... that was a real "da fawk???" moment.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:59:08 AM PST
Carlito says:
Starting up Pong for the first time....bleep bloop, bleep bloop, bleep bloop...so epic

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 10:56:02 AM PST
That first Dragon attack right at the start is pretty epic. Also the first dragon you atttack is a pretty epic fight.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:51:03 AM PST
FULL OF SPOILERS

Most Gripping
When (FFX spoiler) ***Tidus is fading away and Yuna is begging him not to
When (FFXIII spoiler) ****Sazh almost commits suicide
When (FFIX spoiler) ***Zidane jumps out at the end and you see Vivi's children
Crisis Core: When Zack dies

Most Epic
When (Arkham City Spoiler)****Joker dies
When the first dragon attacks the town in Skyrim and you realize everything the lays in front of you
When (KOTOR Spoiler) ****You find out you are Revan

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:50:48 AM PST
Another absolutely amazing experience in gaming for me is the convoy in Uncharted 2. At the time I had never played anything like that. I remember thinking that this would be a cutscene in any other game and in this I'm actually playing it and jumping from car to car, throwing people under tires, blowing stuff up.

It was very epic.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:47:58 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Defeating any of the bosses in Demons Souls and Dark Souls were pretty epic for me. Such a feeling of accomplishment...

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:19:52 AM PST
Coffee says:
FF7 -- reuniting with Aeries, only to get c-blocked by Sephroith. The boss battle that ensued after, with that totally depressing theme... I've never felt so emotinally invested in a game as much as I was during that fight.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 5:14:24 AM PST
This. The funny thing is when I read the title and clicked on the thread, this was going to be my answer. It's usually the first 1-3 post. lol

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 4:56:34 AM PST
I got a couple...

1. Firing the Coronocepter for the first time in Turok Dinosaur hunter. Made me giddy with power
2. All of Star Fox 64

but my fav has to be... and this one will take a tiny bit of explination.

On one of my playthroughs of OOT, during the final boss, after having beaten Ganandorf and run down the falling tower. I had music playing int he background, in this case I was listening to some Ozzy Osbourne. The second the tower hit the ground and Zelda was locked out of the field with my sword, the song Perry Mason started at the same time this was all happening and Link realized that something was coming out of the ground, the music started to pick up. I don't know how the rest happened but every movement of Ganon's during that scene coincided perfectly with a beat or a guitar riff. And the battle ended right about the same time the song did.

I shall never forget it.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 3:05:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 3:12:38 AM PST
Not so much that epic, but pretty awesome and a fond memory for me in video games was learning to fly the helicopter and gain altitude while being chased by the cops in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and having Herbie Hancock's "Rockit" playing in the background.

Of recent times I would say the Max Payne 3 shootout in the Aiport Terminal while Health's "Tears" is blasting made time stop for me. Such unorthodox finesse and blood.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 1:57:49 AM PST
Nicos says:
Not THE but a couple personal favorites of mine that hasn't been mentioned:

1. X-Men Origins Wolverine. The sentinel freefall fight.
2. Vectorman. The final showdown with the giant evil robot with a nuclear warhead for a brain is inside a friggin tornado.
3. No One Live Forever 2. The battle with the ninjas in the trailerpark during a tornado.
4. Bionic Commando/Rearmed. Beating Hitl- er "Master D" by exploding his head.
5. StarFox 64. The Forever Train.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:51:44 AM PST
The first time I booted up Mario 64.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:50:00 AM PST
Windwaker

Link, sword, Ganon's head.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:49:19 AM PST
Chris... says:
Someone mentioned this on a previous page, the ending to MGS3. The single greatest moment of my gaming history and I don't think anything will ever top it.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:35:11 AM PST
It's so hard to pick just one, so I'm compiling the best for me. For anyone that doesn't understand this thread already, SPOILERZ Z0MG:

There are two for me from Final Fantasy IV. The first is the "fight" where Cecil becomes a Paladin. It took me so long to realize what you had to do, it was just amazing. There has not been anything like it since.

The second is at beginning of the final boss in Final Fantasy IV. He kills your whole party, and there's a long scene (in the battle mind you) with your previous party members praying and their spirits come and urge you to fight on, healing you up to full.

Final Fantasy VI Floating Continent. As Matthew said previously, it was epic. My first time through the game I played 30 or 40 hours at the least, so I figured it was the end. No idea it was the halfway point.

Leaving the sewer in Oblivion. As was also said previously, the being able to go anywhere you saw was awesome. I played Morrowind before it but it didn't leave me with that feeling of awe.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:36:50 AM PST
Real217 says:
Mash button games are for weaklings.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:26:21 AM PST
the first boss fight in god of war 3 - the water based boss - posideon?

there's a bit where the camera pans out and kratos goes flying straight through the boss. the whole opening of god of war 3 is just massive and brilliant but that one little bit is extra badass.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 11:40:32 PM PST
The end of red dead redemption
**** SPOILER**** It's also the saddest As a player you spend so much time with john marston and for him to be killed was so sad but when you got play as older jack marston and get revenge it was AWESOME!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  59
Total posts:  83
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions