Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Miyamoto is surprised at the interest in F-Zero

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 12:38:33 PM PST
Basically? *high five*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 12:30:33 PM PST
To be fair, MK64 was basically perfect. ;)

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:28:05 PM PST
I want something as fast and gorgeous as F-Zero GX, but I would like it to be fun for people who aren't gods of gaming.

I find it very strange that he says: "What do you want that we haven't done before?" when people are clamoring for F-Zero, why doesn't he ask that about Mario Kart? He has no problem believing that people want more Mario Kart, and that series really hasn't changed much since 64.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:23:10 PM PST
Just to specify- real-time multiplayer! Not this asynchronous multiplayer crap that's been showing up on multiple platforms.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:21:08 PM PST
jumps, shortcuts, and speedboosts...What, it already had that? Just add some multiplayer then.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 12:14:14 PM PST
"What do you want that we haven't done before?"

Uh... F-Zero on the Wii U. With online multiplayer, and high def graphics.

I don't care if the rest is the same.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:11:56 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 17, 2013 7:51:02 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:27:33 AM PST
I still need to buy it, but my friend who called Ninja GUY-DEN, Ninja GAY-DEN gets his @$$ kicked on F-Zero X's Rainbow Road, and I get my @$$ kicked when I play the original SNES game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:22:19 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I'm confused too. I've never heard of F-Zero nor have I played it. It came out back before I spent anytime on the internet looking for video game info.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 4:45:30 AM PST
Steve Xander says:
Pretty much this. Would be great if Miyamoto actually decided to make one. I really see no reason to change anything in F-zero. It is great how it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 12:02:39 AM PDT
F-Zero GX still kicks my ass.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 11:12:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 11:16:45 PM PDT
I think anyone who says that they are the master at racing games has never played F-Zero.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:48:22 PM PDT
Well, the VGF had a fair amount of discussion about F-Zero for 3DS. If you look at the 3DS library, there aren't many quality racers and Mario Kart 7 is still king. MK7 is a social racer emphasizing comedy, powerups and rubber-banding. F-Zero is about split-second reflexes and player skill, not missiles and shields.I really can't think of any quality futuristic racers released in the last year or so beyond Wipeout 2048 (which was amazing) and Motorstorm Apocalypse. Neither of those games have the same focus as F-Zero. Wipeout 2048 depends on powerups and MA uses things like gang members or militant groups attacking you or the track.

F-Zero is still regarded as one of the greatest high speed racers. I think an open world F-Zero for 3DS or Wii U could be amazing.
those games

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:34:41 PM PDT
Yeah, true. But still, he is from F-Zero and he is remembered.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:32:10 PM PDT
Mostly from Smash Bros. though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:26:55 PM PDT
Everyone remembers Captain Falcon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:19:12 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:16:13 PM PDT
I'd rather see a new Starfox game than a new F-Zero game. I would like a new F-Zero racer, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:05:09 PM PDT
Aku says:
I suppose I should have mentioned the story mode, unusual characters, Mario Kart-like track locations familiar to fans and catchy soundtrack. Just wasn't aware you'd be so baffling and go all "Well why can't some OTHER game do that?" when I pointed out the gameplay-specific perks alone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:58:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 6:59:59 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:53:47 PM PDT
Aku says:
Couldn't you apply this pointless idea to pretty much any game?

...Why would this hypothetical situation even show up in your head? How is that the more obvious idea than just making a sequel to the already established game?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:28:05 PM PDT

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 6:21:37 PM PDT
John McClane says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:20:19 PM PDT
Aku says:
F-Zero GX was a beautiful game that ran perfectly smooth, had insanely precise control and could require brutal levels of concentration. The only "complaint" from reviewers came from wusses that considered the game too hard. Other future racers don't come remotely close, although WipEout does have its own little niche with weapons and floaty controls.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 5:39:42 PM PDT
They just play so well. F-Zero X is still the N64 game I play most often. It's just SOLID all the way through.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions