Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I'm tired of all these articles casting video games in a bad light regarding on how they affect children.Here's the flip side. "Video games get top marks, help dyslexic kids to read"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 1, 2013 5:37:22 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
http://now.msn.com/dyslexic-children-improved-their-reading-skills-by-playing-video-games-according-to-italian-study

"Video games get top marks, help dyslexic kids to read

Dyslexic kids, raise a glass of sparkling apple juice to researchers who've found that playing video games improves your reading skills. The clever minds at the University of Padua and the Scientific Institute Medea of Bosisio Parini in Italy found that in the video game vs. boring reading treatment showdown, 12 hours of action-packed game playing clobbered therapy big-time. Researchers assessed two groups of dyslexic kids, then had one group play nine 80-minute gaming sessions. It was a smackdown with the reading and attention skills of the gamers outshining the rest. "Action video games enhance many aspects of visual attention, mainly improving the extraction of information from the environment," explains one researcher. Kids, tell that to your parents next time they confiscate the XBOX. [Source]"

Take that all you video game hatters. Children can also benefit from playing video games.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 5:37:46 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Nice title

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 5:40:13 AM PST
Voice of god says:
Are you sure they're not helping kids to read dyslexic?

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 5:41:35 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Dyslexics Untie!

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 6:59:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2013 6:59:27 AM PST
scapegoats gotta scape.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 7:27:30 AM PST
BryanOPs says:
gaming always has and always will be the topic to go to for politicians and failure parents to blame and vent on, it is my fault that my kid is a failure because i was a failure as a parent said no parent ever
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: It's Going to be Great When Hillary Clinton Wins the Election 32 11 seconds ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 6661 2 minutes ago
Nintendo nx is a portable console with detachable controllers 155 3 minutes ago
Microsoft Working to 'Make Steam Progressively Worse' on Windows 10 to Force Gamers to Use Windows Store 13 5 minutes ago
Yes Mr.Trump, We Are The Champions 4 6 minutes ago
For the most important vote you can make who are you picking? 16 6 minutes ago
Furi: If you haven't played it yet, you need to immediately 12 8 minutes ago
Street fighter 5.. Juri finally released 15 8 minutes ago
Fallout 4 - Vault-Tec Workshop is out today. 10 9 minutes ago
OT: I just want to say that everybody here is awesome! 41 13 minutes ago
OT: Rick and Morty re-enact crazy court transcript 11 16 minutes ago
Top 5 New IPs This Gen 24 18 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Mar 1, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions