Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Halloween
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Trying to get back into Skyrim...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 9:54:56 AM PST
I finally popped in Skyrim for the first time in 8 months. I was sidetracked by many quality games this year, (Max Payne 3, Ghost Recon, Minecraft, Forza Horizon, AC3, Halo 4, etc).

I'm currently trying to level up my enchanting to 100 so I can have infinite destruction and conjuration magic. Any pointers on how to do this effectively? I'm currently at 91. I don't remember how I did it though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:55:46 AM PST
Are you on PC? Just use the console :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:00:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 10:01:08 AM PST
WesCyde says:
What i did to get it pretty quickly is all those daggers I made to gain my smithing skill quickly i would enchant with paralyzing and the bundle of normal petty stones i would get. Once i had about 60 stones in my inventory which is pretty easy to purchase or just find i just went hunting real quick to fill them. Plus paralyzing each dagger was worth a good amount of money and then i would sell them across the whole land just traveling to each vendor and taking all their money

I just got back into it as well but no magic for me just straight duel weapon master

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:33:09 AM PST
@Capt. K
I have it for Xbox 360.

Yeah, I have a large amount of iron daggers. It's probably from upgrading my smithing skill like you said. I just need to find more stones/gems whatever they're called. I try to buy from that mage from Dragonsreach but he only has like maybe 3 petty & 2 lesser stones at a time. I'm going to have to find some more merchants who have more stones.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:34:39 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Captains response to everything Skyrim:

"When in doubt; just cheat!"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:41:25 AM PST
Hey, after you've ground up max crafting levels on one character there is absolutely no reason to waste the time to do it on another.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:44:40 AM PST
YIGT says:
Yeah capt it does get annoying. I wish we could do that on xbox. Kinda like a NG+ so you could keep your blacksmithing enchanting skills at 100. Those are a pain in rear to max out and i just dont have the desire to do it again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:46:11 AM PST
WesCyde says:
You can buy them from a number of people all the vendors sell them just travel from city to city and hit the vendors up they usually reload every 2-3 days

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:48:49 AM PST
Agreed. It just feels like a chore if you're doing it on a new character. There are a few things in the game that I found (after 70ish hours) became very boring. Crafting was the main one.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:59:28 AM PST
OP says:
Well, there's always the Oghma Infinium (presuming it still works).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:22:12 AM PST
What's that?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:26:45 AM PST
Ann Perkins says:
Theres no reason to waste time maxing crafting skills but there is a reason to bypass that challenge and max your skills the easy way? Seems to me that if you want to have crafting skills on more than one character, that in itself is enough of a reason to max them out the traditional way.

I didn't stop crafting in WoW after my first toon just because I couldn't drop down the console and max my skills :\.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:31:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 11:33:08 AM PST
Hah! There is no "challenge" to crafting in Skyrim. Absolutely zero challenge. It's boring and tedious after you've done it once. That first playthrough you're exploring and leveling your skills as you go, there's no reason to sit through that a second time.

I would rather have fun in parts of the game that are actually enjoyable. I maxed several crafting skills in WoW, then never did crafting on any other toons. I'd rather just sell the mats and buy what I need. It becomes tedious after you've done it all several times.

If you feel like wasting time doing something monotonous, feel free. In my opinion I'd rather be doing something else. It's a sandbox, I can play how I want.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:59:55 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
There's a video on youtube somewhere titled something like "infinite enchanting skyrim". You basically have to use some kind of fortify restoration alchemy thing, then you can infinitely boost your smithing and enchanting. I did this with my first character and had a daedric sword with 373,987 damage and enchanted it with fire damage of 12,237. Boss level.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:23:19 PM PST
YIGT says:
whats the fun in that. with the bone swords full blacksmithing with 20% ring and gloves you can make them do a ton of damage but its like 190-200. That usualy 1 hits most things on a power swing and a few hits on dragons.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:42:23 PM PST
Oblivion is better because, even after 400+ hours, I never took an arrow in the knee.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
So I beat MGSV over the weekend. (True ending hinted at.) 8 43 minutes ago
Far Cry Primal Trailer, Release Date, Gameplay Details Officially Released 30 2 hours ago
Nielsen: Halo 5: Guardians is the Most Anticipated game of Holiday 2015 131 3 hours ago
Official VGF Super Mario Maker Discussion and Level Sharing Thread 445 3 hours ago
Life is Strange Episode 5 releasing October 20th. 2 4 hours ago
Why Destiny is on your PlayStation 4, even if you didn't buy it 39 4 hours ago
OT: Burger King Offering Black Burger for Halloween 83 4 hours ago
OT: If your parents divorced and remarried 9 5 hours ago
OT: That Feel When Your Daughter Takes Her Very First, Wobbly Step 37 5 hours ago
PS4 Update Places Ads On Home Screen And Users Are Pissed 10 5 hours ago
Xbox One: Greatest Games TV Commercial 44 5 hours ago
'Star Wars Battlefront' Beta Reveal More Multiplayer Content, Beta Free for all, pc system rqs 2 5 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions