Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Black Ops 2 Prestige Challenges that you unlock after 1st Prestige

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2012 5:18:45 PM PST
So one of those challenges that falls under gun optics is to get kills by aiming down your iron sights. I have an MTAR with no attachments that i know i got about 225 kills with and yet it still says 0 under the iron sights challenge, anyone know why its not working or am i doing something wrong

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 5:25:16 PM PST
Scratchy says:
Say what you want about IW but they do make it clear what you need to do for your challenges.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 5:28:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 5:28:26 PM PST
I mean its pretty clear so i thought, the one that says get # of kills with target finder works fine as well as other optics but iron sights just not registering for some reason. As far as i know iron sights is just using the gun without any optic attachments? Is it registering for you? Have you prestiged at least once to be able to check that?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 5:41:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 5:46:33 PM PST
Any chance are you playing that game mode combat training? If you are you don't get challenges in that.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 5:41:26 PM PST
Rockhardly says:
Do they need to be head shots?

I'm guessing there's more to it than that - cause you'd have to have at least a few head shots already.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 5:41:34 PM PST
YayFlyingCat says:
i think its a challenge for the Ballista

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 11:17:55 PM PST
Scratchy says:
I'm close to my first prestige so i'll let you know once I get there. As far as iron sights I assume that's the weapon without any sight attached to it what so ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:04:34 AM PST
LOL come on now i am prestige level 36 i have no reason to be in combat training.

I have got plenty of headshots and all the other challenges close to it are like this: Get so many kills with target finder, with millimeter scanner, with dual optic, etc. So this is just iron sights and for one of the camos for my MTAR i had to get 150 kills with no attachments and it did not register 1 kill for that challenge.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:06:36 AM PST
Did you do the challenge before or after activating your first prestige?

Those challenges don't count anything until they're unlocked.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:07:25 AM PST
this is after i already did the first prestige so they are unlocked because the other ones are registering like the target finder

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:18:40 AM PST
Is it a specific weapon type you need to use for the challenge?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 5:21:39 AM PST
that IDK because it does not say but thats not the case for any other challenge as far as i can tell

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:09:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 6:13:15 AM PST
Brykume says:
You have to unlock the challenge first, which is after the final "# of kills" camo. I think you need 200-300 kills with the gun before you can access the more exotic camo challenges. (Ronin, Cherry Blossom, etc.)

(edited for clarity)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:32:59 AM PST
This challenge is not part of that challenge. The challenge you are talking about is specific to camos for that weapon. The challenge i am talking about is in your barracks under challenges and primary weapon and then prestige. They are unlocked after your first prestige.

I just golded my MTAR yesterday and the last challenge i had for my MTAR to accomplish that was the cherry blossom 150 kills no attachments and none of those kills registered under the prestige challenge for iron sights.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:34:21 AM PST
I just shoot people in the game, I hardly pay attention to any of the unlocks. All I know is I got all of the CTF unlocks so I have that cool tag now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:38:37 AM PST
I just like to see what i am doing from time to time, i was not specifically trying to get any of those but as i was browsing i just realized it was not registering on that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:41:11 AM PST
I have no idea in reality - I hardly go into those sub menus.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:43:16 AM PST
Do you find it wierd that you cannot create a clan in the game but only on Elite? I noticed i can add a clan tag but i cannot create a clan, when i was on elite on my PC yesterday I was able to do that if i wanted though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:44:05 AM PST
Brykume says:
Ah, I'll have to take a look. Maybe the prestige challenges aren't accessible until you gold the weapon? Idk.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:51:55 AM PST
nah because like i said the other optic challenges were registering and i just golded my weapon, even then i was using my gold MTAR for a good while after without attachments as i really found i am much better with iron sights on that gun and it was still not registering.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:34:20 AM PST
Sars says:
thats weird, yestureday i had to get 150 kills with no attachments and no perks. I did them both at the same time to knock them out of the way. all of mine registered. this was the AN 94 though

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:45:51 AM PST
Brykume says:
Yeah that's the camo challenges WeScYdE is not referring to. Apparently, there are other weapons' challenges that unlock titles, that require iron-sights usage. I'll take a look once I get home tonight.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:02:41 AM PST
Yah camo challenges no problem as you can see from my post i golded my weapon. Sars as well as Brykume go to barracks>challenges>scroll to prestige>and start looking at those once you prestige at least once those unlocked.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 5:18:48 AM PST
anyone get a chance to check this on their game? To actually find this challenge you have to go to baracks and then playercards and then scroll to prestige and its listed under the first 8 at the top or so.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 4:06:50 PM PST
D Shaw says:
The challenges for the iron sight can only be done with the iron sight attachment, as far as I am aware the only gun that has a seperate iron sight attachment for it is the Ballista sniper rifle therefore to complete this challenge you will have to use the ballista with iron sight attachment. Hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Destiny PS4 VGF Clan 6604 20 seconds ago
Why the Xbox One Sucks 17 1 minute ago
Digital Foundry Xbox One vs PS4 1st year 0 10 minutes ago
OT: my grandma what big bewbs you have! The better to motorboat you with my dear. 8755 10 minutes ago
OT: Michigan Cop Sells Shirt To Counter Eric Garner 'I Can't Breathe' Campaign 109 12 minutes ago
Winter Sale haul 28 22 minutes ago
OT: Girl has sex in back of school bus, queefs, then strikes boy in the nuts for laughing at her 79 28 minutes ago
Why do Sony fans like Flores, Cinema Fan, Doug, OregonBay and Sony Prophet want this forum to be Playstation only so bad? 4 44 minutes ago
Some PS Vita games for $5 each at Best Buy 6 4 hours ago
OT: How Star Wars Ruined Star Trek - 9gn.com 2 4 hours ago
**** You, Dragon Age 2! 26 4 hours ago
Weekend Gaming 12/19-12/21 70 5 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions