Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Far Cry 3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 346 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:28:01 AM PST
The sharks swim in the crystal clear ocean water and you can usually see their fins sticking up. I don't think I've ever seen a crocodile before it was trying to eat my face.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:29:27 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I was sneaking up on a crocodile last night and just as I got right behind it and stabbed it, I realized it was just moonlit sand and a log.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 10:38:11 AM PST
RoadKing says:
I don't think i am doing it wrong so the one thing that annoys me is the inability to switch guns without going to the store and assigning them to slots. If I have them in my inventory why can't I go in where three guns are assigned(don't have the 4th weapon slot yet)and switch a gun for another weapon in my aresenal? For instance i might have a AK47, shotgun and scoped rifle, the only way i found to switch out one for a bow or another weapon is to get to one of those stores or machines.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 10:40:06 AM PST
Mallrat says:
How is the multiplayer in this game? It's an island by itself right? You just co-op a few missions together?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:41:15 AM PST
You can only carry upto 4 weapons, you don't have a magical bag of holding with all the other unlocked weapons. You can always switch out a weapon you are carrying with another you find in your adventures.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:41:48 AM PST
The multiplayer is all on seperate islands, I haven't tried it out yet as I'm over the moon with the single player.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:43:11 AM PST
RoadKing says:
I understand that but you have more than 4 weapons in your arsenal. Seems there should be an easier way to get to them vs having to get to a store or one of those vending machines or whatever you would call them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:44:22 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
If you need more than 4 weapons, you're doing it wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:45:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 10:47:40 AM PST
I haven't had an issue with that yet as it is there is a gun vending machine or store at every single place you can fast travel so you are always seconds away from changing your loadout. The more outposts you capture the closer you are to weapons at any given time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:47:24 AM PST
Mallrat says:
I had to Google "over the moon" and I'm 39. Stop teaching me new shit, Mog!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:47:34 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
You can fast travel to every vending machine, do you often find yourself needing more than 4 weapons during missions?

It seems pretty much normal or more generous when compared to pretty much every other modern FPS on the market.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:49:50 AM PST
Muahahahahaha

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:02:28 AM PST
RoadKing says:
No not needing more than 4, just the ability to change types of weapons. I am not dogging the game, love it. Just find myself at places where i wish i would have had a handgun or bow in my loadout for instance.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 11:03:00 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
My loadout is a handgun and a bow.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 11:09:42 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I have my trusted pistol with a supressor, Assasult Rifle, Sniper with enhanced scope and supressor, and Shotgun for close animal encounters... soon as I unlock more towers I'm switching the shotgun out for an RPG

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:12:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 11:12:14 AM PST
So you are saying they should have 5 or 6 weapon slots?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:26:44 AM PST
RoadKing says:
No I am saying it should be easier to switch up your loadout. Say I want to swtichout a gun for my bow because i come across a situation that would warrant a bow the only way to do that is to leave the current area I am in and go to one of those machines or the stores. Simple way to switch your loadout on the fly. Not realistic but it isn't realistic for a guy to carry around 4 weapons, plus hand grenades, molatovs, c-4 and mines at the same time either.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 11:26:53 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I was just curious... what would guys rate the story on a 0/5 rating...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:28:25 AM PST
Marvelous says:
This is a weired complaint... what type of situation would only require just a bow? You have 4 slots to accomadate Short range, Long range, fire fights, and explosives.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:31:28 AM PST
RoadKing says:
I just got to the infiltration of Hoyt's area. It's of course a bit farfetched with the every guy all of a sudden becoming this super killer. I felt Vass would have just put one in his head after he kept getting out of trouble. I think it has alot of holes and it doesn't keep me on the edge of my seat wondering what is going to happen next. The flow seems off but there is so much to do and the encounters can be exciting so the fun factor overrules the lack of any holes in the plot for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:32:02 AM PST
Hey, Jason crafted some pretty fancy holsters and ammo slings out of shark, tiger, and komodo dragon skin.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:34:34 AM PST
So far the story is great if pretty basic. I'm not that far into the story so I wouldn't really rate it as I haven't really gone through even half of a story arc.

Also i don't think the point of this game is story.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:35:10 AM PST
Fett986 says:
That makes no sense... So you don't want more than 4 weapon slots, but you want to be able to change those 4 weapons slots at any time... Thus meaning that you have more than 4 weapon slots?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:36:01 AM PST
Fett986 says:
There's a story?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:36:18 AM PST
Actually I'm changing my previous answer, in the story you can trip balls.

5/5
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Whatever happened to Vin Diesel making games and his game company? 1 6 minutes ago
OT: What Are You Listening To-2016 Version! 348 6 minutes ago
Which games have a promotion for Valentine's day? 11 37 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 2323 47 minutes ago
OT: Best external CD burner? 0 53 minutes ago
Long weekend gaming 02/12 - 02/15: Phil Spencer, "Show your loved one how much you care by buying her Halo 5 and slathering your body in Doritos and Dew." 67 54 minutes ago
Now that Mario Maker has been out for a while now how do you feel about the game? 4 1 hour ago
Street Fighter 5 delay email 6 1 hour ago
OT: The Last Witch Hunter sucks 0 1 hour ago
OT: Ghostbusters II - the end of the world is this weekend. 23 1 hour ago
OT: Anyone care to share some good atheist music? 7 1 hour ago
OT: A great man, Antonin Scalia, has passed away 63 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  346
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions