Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Obama's speech last night in CT...thoughts? Opinions?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 512 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:04:10 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Yeah, the answer to gun violence is obviously MORE GUNS

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:04:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 7:05:15 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I don't want a gun.

I don't want to shoot a gun.

I don't want my neighbor with a gun. I don't trust anyone as far as i can throw them, much less so if you have a gun. I don't trust the psychology of a gun owner, nor should i fear for it.

I don't want my life (or my children) at the mercy of those who holds one.

I know there are many pro-gun people here, but from my perspective, they don't belong in the streets in any shape or form unless the person is an active military person or officer of the law. Military grade weapons have no place in the home. They should also more aggresively ration how much ammo a person with a gun permit can hold.

Plain as day, i would support anything that makes gun ownership tougher to acquire, even something as extensive psychological evaluations and backround checks of all those looking to be a gunholder- paid for by that person, including taxing the living crap for having that right- each gun needs to be insured like a car for potential personal damage.

Provide more hoops. You can't stop 100% illegal gun possesion, but you sure as hell can stop innocent deaths come from guns from the 'entitled' that should have never been given that luxury in the first place. There are other non-lethal ways to protect yourself and your family for that one instance fabricated out of fear that never happens in most peoples lifetimes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:04:38 AM PST
Lucanus says:
How to punish mass killers who commit suicide afterwards. Either way Mogwai does bring up some excellent statistics that need to be looked at, our country CLEARLY has a gun problem compared to other developed nations. We should address all possibilities and avenues. Including more gun control. I am not saying that is the answer, it may not help, but it should be on the table. Don't you think it is a bit crazy to remove ideas before we even start the conversation? And what about Mogwai's numbers, how does our clear and definate high violence rate not concern you? If arming people makes us safer, why is it we have the most guns and the most gun deaths? Something logically doesn't add up. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:05:49 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Weird right?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:05:56 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Are you a principle or vice principle? How do you know they want that responsibility? Shouldn't we ask the people who hold those positions first before changing the complexion of their entire career? :)

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:06:27 AM PST
Maybe what's wrong with the culture is that everyone needs a gun to feel protected? I don't know ... just a shot in the dark here ... you know .. real brainstorming stuff ...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:06:37 AM PST
Beau H. says:
You would make a good slave.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:07:20 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Honestly, I don't know they want that responsibility and I assume many wouldn't. But I really do think there should be _somebody_ on school property, a person of responsility, that's packing at all time and that everyone knows it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:07:24 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Yes, "I don't trust anyone as far as I can throw them" is a fantastic trait to have in a slave.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:07:25 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Im serious too.

Alcohol kills people, wait, people kill people, wait, BAN alcohol, wait, BAN PEOPLE. Check.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:07:30 AM PST
MK37 says:
I think Hand guns and Assault Rifles should be extremely difficult to purchase and legally own. Stricter gun laws would create less guns = less people criminal or not having access to a gun..... but texting and driving and what we eat in this country are way more destructive at this point. So pick your poison.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:07:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 7:08:20 AM PST
Beau H. says:
For the record, I live in an open carry state. We have a "make my day" law as well, and there are stories on the news night after night, especially this time of year, about would be robbers breaking into someone's house and being shot dead by the homeowner. I love those kinds of stories.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:08:13 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I know right!! Look at Fort Hood..... oh wait. At least since everybody was armed he was stopped with ease.... he only killed 13 people and wounded over 30.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:08:16 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Well, they work for the people. If the people decide that they would want to add that into the job of a principal/vp, then they have the choice to not hold the position any longer if they do not want the responsibility. Any career can change over the course of 40 years in it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:08:49 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I don't mind the idea of it being someone who is trained and who's responsibility is to have that responsibility (heh), but I'm frankly uncomfortable with having civvies armed in that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:09:10 AM PST
Ironic.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:09:24 AM PST
But again gun control only factors in those who would abide by that law, do you think criminals would?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:09:59 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Canada must have a lot more law abiding citizens.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:10:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 7:14:14 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Honestly, I have no interest and will not send my kids to a school were there are armed guards. This isn't Eastern Germany I am refuse to live as though it is. Sorry we clearly disagree, but such is life. :)

For me this has three steps;
1) Guys decides he wants to kill
2) Guy gets guns
3) Guy goes out shooting

Armed guards at schools is too reactive for me. We should be proactive and look at step 1 and 2, more than step 3. Just my 2 cents. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:10:13 AM PST
Beau H. says:
They don't now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:10:51 AM PST
Rich will keep coming back with the same nonsense and deliberately ignoring the fact that other nations have accomplished the "seemingly impossible" feat of keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. Don't even bother.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:11:53 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Great idea. So instead of having a principle who is good at having high edcuational standards, we are going to hire based on who good he can shot. Awesome. I really just don't it my friends. I really don't. I don't understand the logic of making our society the wild west.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:11:59 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
One example of it not happening in a place that doesn't allow guns doesn't change that it tends to happen where guns aren't allowed.

Schools and Universities, churches and movie theaters. These are places where guns aren't allowed and this stuff tends to happen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:12:14 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
It's just too bad that these shootings AREN'T committed by criminals. In fact, the shooters rarely have criminal backgrounds. Your argument holds no water.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:12:25 AM PST
Beau H. says:
"I don't trust anyone as far as i can throw them..."

Exactly the reason I do own a gun.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  512
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions