Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I have mixed feelings about Journey.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 84 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 9:35:23 PM PST
Would you call it an interactive experience?

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 10:45:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 10:51:29 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Yeah I didn't get it either...flutter flutter flutter flutter flutter flutter this is it ? just played the demo

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 4:48:18 AM PST
I don't know about The Walking Dead since I haven't started playing it yet, but if you get to make choices, there's some kind of interaction.

On the other hand, Journey is more about watching a movie than playing a game. You can actually watch a playthrough on youtube and get the same experience, minus the wear and tear on your left thumb.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 4:53:06 AM PST
Don't Stop Believing is one of my favorite songs! Journey RULES!! I just wish Steve Perry were back in the band....oh wait, this is about the game......um ...never mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:24:21 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
*cough*McLame*Coughcoughcough*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:26:41 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Not really. I'll agree with your assessment that it's more interactive art than it is a video game, but not with your assessment that you get much the same out of it by watching a playthrough. In your original playthrough you are making the Journey for the first time and do not necessarily know the way, but you gain help from others who can show you how to proceed and all the little hidden things in the game. When you have finished the Journey and know the Path you then can show others the way. It's a pretty cool sentiment on how to live life.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:58:50 AM PST
Again no, it is also a lot about your individual interactions with another through what is a very stripped down version of the hero's journey.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 6:12:16 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Not liking this game gets you crucified on here but I agree with you. Great graphics and music, but otherwise I found the whole experience incredibly boring and a complete waste of time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 6:14:51 AM PST
I'm actually fine with your point. I can see how one would find it boring, I just think saying it has no gameplay is false and misleading.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 6:19:46 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
"No gameplay" is of course false. There is gameplay but it is very bare bones. Keep in mind I'm not some ADD gamer that needs explosions and blowing people's heads off to be satisfied. I think I'm just not a big believer in these types of games.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 6:33:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 6:33:59 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I think if you have mixed feelings on Journey that's alright. It got you thinking and talking and truthfully I think that's what you should want from any attempt at art.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 6:50:38 AM PST
I'm sometimes surprised at how many people love it. I figured it would be a more divisive game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 7:00:41 AM PST
I feel like I should play it, but I can't bring myself to pay $15.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 7:03:04 AM PST
But then no one would ever talk to you. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 7:10:33 AM PST
I. Flores says:
Me too, but I regret not getting the Flow/Flower/Journey bundle on disc for $15 when it was on sale.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 7:13:52 AM PST
If that goes on sale again I might grab it. I'd say $5 is what I'd pay for each of those games.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 7:22:19 AM PST
new Tron says:
Flower is a wonderful game, as is Journey. I kind of wish I had picked up that disc as well, just to have them all in one place.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 7:23:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 7:25:02 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Same here.

The Walking Dead is $15. I can't think in any way, shape or form how Journey can beat the emotional highs and choices/deliberations that game puts one through...in just one of the 5 episodes... Not to mention the replayability inspired by the reflection of your choices.

One day it'll be cheap enough to give it a shot, but i remain pretty meh about it despite the accolades.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 7:28:41 AM PST
new Tron says:
Haha Mayo, I think you're in for a surprise. Journey is quite the experience. I'm not saying that Walking Dead isn't (and in all honesty, they're not even close to being similar in any way), but let me just say that I never thought I'd be in complete agreement with a website that names a 2 hour game as their GOTY, but Journey turned me into a believer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 7:30:27 AM PST
"Journey turned me into a believer."

Heh.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 7:31:03 AM PST
new Tron says:
LMAO...I can't believe I didn't realize what was typing!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 7:33:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 7:33:34 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I respect that. I think a lot of it has to do with just the preachy endorsements of it like your own, while i can't personally shake the notion that it just doesn't sound all that appealing.

I'll get around to it, who knows and maybe i'm come around. I just have this laundry list of games i'd rather use $15 on.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 7:37:13 AM PST
Voice of god says:
Journey has now earned several GOTY awards, and it has gained popularity and positive reactions from most everyone who's played it.

Therefore the internet must now hate it!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 7:56:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 7:57:20 AM PST
K Archer says:
That's how I was. Then my one friend kept bugging me about it until I caved. Played it at least 8 times through since then (probably more like 10-15 times really).

Its just something else. I know not everyone is going to "get it", but dang, it gets extremely emotional at the end.

Best playthrough was when said friend and I managed to be co-op partners (took a long time to accomplish that). Was just something completely different for sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 8:04:54 AM PST
But...you can't make headshots!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  84
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions