Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: 12 year old boy found guilty of murdering white supremacist father

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:20:36 AM PST
Anthony says:
he's talking about the whole "battered wife syndrom". except with a kid.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:19:17 AM PST
They'll call you Jack the Spooner in a few years time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:13:27 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Damn right they did, dressing in cinnamon swirls like that. They were just askin' for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:07:51 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Believe me, those cinnamon-y toasted squares had it coming.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:05:11 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
And who can blame you?!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:04:37 AM PST
If that's the case then the kid is a nut and should be locked up. Also given a medal, but in jail.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:02:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 11:04:46 AM PST
From what I've read on two different accounts of the case the words "May have" or "alleged" are in front of abuse, there is no actual evidence of abuse. This claim only surfaced as part of the defense after the boy was put on trial.

The kid actually said that one of his reasons was that he was afraid that his father was going to cheat on his mother at one point....And the prosecution provided many different pieces of evidence showing the family being overall happy.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:02:44 AM PST
It's always alleged until proven in court or confessed to. This is probably going to not be popular, but if the kid did it, he did it. I don't think that putting him in juvi would resolve anything, but the judge has the option of sentencing for medical treatment which would actually help everyone out in the long run.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:59:34 AM PST
From what I can tell we don't know that level of detail. As I said, IF he was abused every day and there is no real recourse for him, yes this is self-defense.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:58:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 10:59:36 AM PST
I have to sort of agree with Uncle here....The key word is "Alleged" in front of abuse, there is no full proof evidence that the child was abused and kids sometimes tend to over exaggerate to help their cause.

In this case the media/public already hates the deceased because of his public standing, therefore to throw "I was abused to" into the defense seems like an easy ploy to garner sympathy.

If there are extensive medical records showing abuse beyond simple heresay then I would sympathize with the boy....But it doesn't seem to be the case here, especially since there wasn't any evidence of abuse beforehand.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:57:44 AM PST
LogJam says:
Ha maybe. He'll probably have a pretty watchful eye on him from now on, so at least we're a little safer than otherwise.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:54:37 AM PST
It's self defense in the same way as when abused women kill their husbands, there is a legal precedent for this, I'm not just making this up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:53:14 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
I hope you really don't believe this. The guy sounds like a real piece of trash, but how is it self defense when he killed his father in his sleep? Also how does years of alleged abuse equal right to murder? At least with the death penalty you get a chance to defend yourself against allegations. You are for the death penalty right?

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:46:02 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
When Cinnamon Toast Crunch is in the room, I'm a cereal killer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:44:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 10:45:05 AM PST
SMH says:
haha ok...I'll bite. Go ahead and explain. This should be wonderful.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:42:56 AM PST
Too bad that's not how serial killers work.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:39:16 AM PST
SMH says:
Maybe...But he knows what it feels like to kill someone now. A serial killer may have just been born.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:58:16 AM PST
Heh, I almost dragged that into this thread myself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:07:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 7:08:10 AM PST
And the boys name should be Michael Myers. He was the same age as Mike when he killed his sister...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:57:25 AM PST
Lol!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:50:37 AM PST
LogJam says:
I think society dodged a bullet (!) on this one. If the kid allowed himself more time to mature and internalize his anger (they don't go hand in hand, but in this case I think they would have), he would have most likely taken his sucky childhood out on someone who wasn't involved in it at all.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:50:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:50:29 AM PST
Soulshine says:
This criminal should be stripped of all his rights.

Oops, wrong thread!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:49:12 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
His defense team should say that his dad's real name was Fred Krueger.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:48:25 AM PST
If he was being abused like the story says, it should be self defense. I actually think he should be held but only long enough to get him some counseling. The world will not miss his dad.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:23:20 AM PST
FOGE says:
I vote we take the kid to court and give him an all black jury.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Weekend gaming 05/06 - 05/08: Cruz camp insider reveals would-be nominee pulled plug on campaign to have time to play Uncharted 4. Trump mocks decision stating Cruz likes "...garbage games such as Destiny, his taste is terrible and should be ashamed.". 3 2 minutes ago
Dishonored 2 releasing Nov. 11th 24 3 minutes ago
Gears of War series outmetacritics Uncharted series 130 12 minutes ago
Uncharted 2 shuts down PS3- disc glitch or system flaw? 12 12 minutes ago
Anyone else think that Uncharted is lame? 87 18 minutes ago
IGN: Mass Effect 2 is better then Uncharted 2 76 20 minutes ago
Uncharted 3 canceled 28 20 minutes ago
Uncharted 3 is just another one of Sony's lame attempts, but it will be a sub-par game. 141 21 minutes ago
Serious Problem with Uncharted 2 Online 9 21 minutes ago
Gamespot: 10 GOTY Nominees...Uncharted 3 not one of them or any PS3 exclusives 60 25 minutes ago
Wow, I have no idea what you people see in Uncharted. I can't even believe this is a top tier game. 201 25 minutes ago
Why Uncharted 2 Sucks 44 25 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions