Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Ehh, I don't think I believe in God anymore

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 746 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 5:13:53 PM PST
Believe what feels right to you and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. But I don't recommend bringing it up unless maybe someone specifically asks you. My mom found out I was atheist a few years ago and we can no longer have a normal conversation without her preaching to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 5:24:58 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
I was raised Southern Baptist but I can say know that I'm Atheist. It took a long time before I could just say that. For a while I would say I was Agnostic but then I started listening to a little Penn Jillette and I read some of book God, No!: Signs You May Already Be an Atheist and Other Magical Tales

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 5:32:36 PM PST
Theres only one true god, and its between a woman's legs

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 5:38:33 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 24, 2012 6:48:00 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 5:41:54 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
This always leads to a pretty heated debate. But I know where you're coming from, man. If you need to talk look me up.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 6:02:54 PM PST
DVvM says:
I'm a skeptic by nature, but I do find, on inspection, that I have to believe in a great number of things without sufficient irrefutable evidence just in order to get through the day.

A short list includes: causality, philosophical induction, the existence of physical objects, the real numbers, other minds, the axiom of choice, logical bivalence etc.

So by all means curate your ontology, but you have to admit certain things into it without ideal credentials.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 6:09:17 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
So all life started from a galactic fart in the far reaches of the galaxy?

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 6:10:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 6:10:50 PM PST
*Lights a cigarette and pours two shots of whiskey*

Welcome to the fold.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 6:10:48 PM PST
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uAm-kbzT7xw
Hidden Human History

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 6:16:49 PM PST
B. Hoover says:
"So all life started from a galactic fart in the far reaches of the galaxy?"

To be fair, no one really knows how inflation started. However, there is some rather strong evidence for expansion.

You're just trying to put the idea of a God in the gaps of human knowledge. Don't do that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 6:19:54 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I feel like we should get a definitive answer on whether or not you and I exist before we figure out if God does.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 6:23:31 PM PST
A customer says:
Is retroactive apostasy even feasible? After baptism or unction, I think you're in the club for good.

Speaking of which, I like the story about in the far future after humanity has been all but wiped out due to religious conflict, a cyborg is sent back to 0 AD to assassinate the Virgin Mary and her unborn son, ergo wiping Christianity from existence and in effect restoring humanity. (Psst... if any movie studio honchos are reading this, I can have a script ready by next Wednesday)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 6:28:10 PM PST
AndrewA says:
Christianity wasn't the first religion, nor is it the oldest religion still alive. Why would wiping it out save humanity?

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 6:31:57 PM PST
A customer says:
It wouldn't. Was being subtle sufficient, or should I just flat out say "Nocturnus - The Key"?

In all seriousness, I don't think religion will have screw-all to do with the ultimate demise of humanity.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 6:35:28 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I was just testing your scripts ability to hold up to scrutiny

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 6:36:29 PM PST
I really appreciate it man. =D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 6:37:00 PM PST
"I feel like we should get a definitive answer on whether or not you and I exist before we figure out if God does."

I really should learn to prioritize.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 6:45:22 PM PST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKULc8W7lM

Kinda has to do with the subject matter XD

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 6:52:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 6:55:53 PM PST
Watcher says:
Please don't confuse religion, scriptures or followers with the Absolute. Follow your own inner inclinations, morality and ethics because that's all any of us can and actually do anyway when we boil it all down.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 6:57:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 6:58:43 PM PST
I know from personal experience that this is a hard transition to go through. For the time being, it may be beneficial to keep going to church while you work out your own views.

The important thing is to remember that those who would judge you for this are not, and have never been, your friends. Friendship contingent upon religion is no friendship at all.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 7:03:37 PM PST
Interesting read regarding religions whether you think near death experiences are produced by a dying brain or a real experience outside the body;

http://near-death.com/experiences/research06.html

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 7:11:01 PM PST
"Please don't confuse religion, scriptures or followers with the Absolute. Follow your own inner inclinations, morality and ethics because that's all any of us can and actually do anyway when we boil it all down."

Agreed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 7:11:32 PM PST
"The important thing is to remember that those who would judge you for this are not, and have never been, your friends. Friendship contingent upon religion is no friendship at all."

It's true.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 10:09:24 PM PST
You know, I think im just going to let this one go. Have a nice debate, mates.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 10:18:20 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 15, 2013 7:30:17 PM PDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

ARRAY(0x94a9ebe8)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  746
Initial post:  Nov 24, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions