Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Guest, Keji, and Capt: I regret to inform you that you all just died in the dungeons of Mount Grimrock.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 123 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:07:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 2:07:29 PM PST
Why would I want to? Mac OS is more efficient than Windows, you can get more out of the same specs.

Plus it doesn't break every five minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:18:04 PM PST
The game is hard enough...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:19:56 PM PST
Sparhawk says:
Ooh, harsh. PC Gaming Master Race taken down by the Mac subrace!

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 2:46:27 PM PST
Rofl. Macs are amazing, Christmas, my ipad is a bulletproof little robot. However, these days good PCs are too. My custom system has NEVER crashed (that's not hyperbole, I'm very proud of it). Win 7 is pretty darned stable. I'm proud to be a member of both Team Apple and Team PC. It's nice living in a world where people don't have to put up with @#$% for hardware.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:54:29 PM PST
So I can dump my inventory items (this is hard for me; I always want to hang on to everything to sell...), what about scrolls? Once I unlock a spell, can I use it even if I toss the scroll? I assume so.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:21:02 PM PST
Yes. There are a few puzzles that require you to place a weapon in a tray, so try to keep maybe like one or two extra laying around. But yes you can dump things, including scrolls. The scrolls you dont even need on future play throughs if you can remember the spell. The scrolls are more there for reference and to show you the first time you find it what the combo is for that spell. After that, as long as you have that spell unlocked you can cast it even before you ever find the scrolls.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:33:59 PM PST
Cool.

Level 3 has some crazy puzzles.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:10:18 PM PST
Can't find this damn key on level 3!

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 6:37:27 AM PST
So I walked around level 3 for a good hour trying to find a key. I had it from killing a random spider, but had to reload when I died. Now I can't find it so I walked around wasting torches and food. I went back to my level 2 saves and will try again.

I really like this game. I'm already thinking of different parties to try.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 8:03:53 AM PST
Yeah its really fun, it has both a new and sort of nostalgia feeling to it. I think the devs did a great job taking the old school type of dungeon crawler, but added enough to it to make it feel somewhat fresh.

And I HATE those spiders. I'm usually not an arachnaphobe in games but man those just freak me the heck out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 8:06:35 AM PST
It's the way they jump on your face to attack you.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 8:11:26 AM PST
So how many deaths am I up to now?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 8:13:18 AM PST
Oh jeez, I've party wiped only a few times. There was one instance where everyone died except Capt, sneaky lizard that he is.

You're way more useful now, though. You know some good spells.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 8:23:07 AM PST
Yaaay!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 8:51:57 AM PST
I will survive!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 8:56:14 AM PST
You can also hit things from the back row using melee now (with normal weapons I mean). So now I can give you daggers and jack up your dagger skill. Also finally found a bow but not sure how to use it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 8:58:03 AM PST
Well, you see... You place the arrow across the center of the bow and notch the back to the string...

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 8:59:23 AM PST
I'm gonna start another party to mess around. Kirk and DV will be mages, Dragon and Tech will be minotaur fighters.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 9:00:20 AM PST
Sounds sexy.

I have arrows, can't figure out if there's a slot to equip them or what.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 9:17:30 AM PST
I think you have to equip the bow in one hand and the arrows in another. Not sure though I never actually went archery at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 9:21:17 AM PST
Okay, I'll try that. I'm not too worried about it since I keep picking up my thrown weapons, but I have some arrows with special properties I'd like to be able to use.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 10:46:48 AM PST
I usually build:

high dodge dagger assassin/high defense fighter
mage 2 elements / mage other two elements

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 12:36:31 PM PST
I assume enemies are scripted, but what about weapons? Are they random?

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 7:08:04 AM PST
w00t, my bank appears to have setup our new account so was able to get this game via the HB. Now, I get to see what all of the puzzles are about.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 7:18:34 AM PST
Not a fan of the puzzles, but I try to get them all on my own. I've only looked up a couple so far. Some are easy to get the hang of (like I know it's about torches, I'm just not putting them in the right spots...) and some you can pretty much look at and see it instantly.

Make sure to always stock up on torches when you're done with an area.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  123
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions