Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: top 5 movies you love, that went unoticed or unrecognized by popular opinion/social media...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 250 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:08:19 AM PST
good to see another Suicide Kings on here too! very underrated...

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:11:05 AM PST
anybody get a chance to watch Where God Left His Shoes? I thought this one would ring true for a lot of people that had fallen on hardship over the last 4 years. I was never in a rut as bad as Johnny L's character, but I felt his pain.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:14:50 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Kieran Culkin was the best part of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:17:04 AM PST
Definitely, agreed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:20:09 AM PST
AmbientGreen says:
I'd definitely agree with you on that. He was funny as hell in that role. Before seeing him in Igby Goes Down, I would just think of him as "the brother" and didn't give him much of chance. Glad to say I was completely wrong on that count and in that mindset. Kid has chops'.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:21:24 AM PST
I'm pretty sure the best part was Mary Elizabeth Winstead

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:22:08 AM PST
AmbientGreen says:
So, we're both definitively agreeable to that statement.

Except you beat me to it, bastard - lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:24:22 AM PST
user22 says:
I never heard of this. John Leguizamo is awesome though, so I'm sure it's good.

Speaking of shoes, I highly recommend Dead Man's Shoes

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:26:04 AM PST
haha i will see any movie that involves kevin smith (jersey girl doesnt count). havent seen it since it was in theaters, but it was pretty funny.

fun fact: the original title for this was "a couple of dicks", but the MMPA was not a fan

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:26:49 AM PST
we have a big igby goes down poster at the bottom of our stairs. another great movie.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:29:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 11:35:59 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Speaking of Somebody Culkin, The Chumscrubber, is a really cool movie.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:31:40 AM PST
Speaking of Leguizamo, Spun is a great movie of meth cookery and drug psychosis. Also stars Mickey Rourke, Jason Schwartzman, and the late Brittany Murphy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:31:59 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
The amazon page says that's Rory Culkin. Unless Kieran is in a supporting role.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:35:31 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
nevermind then.

Still a cool movie though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:42:12 AM PST
AmbientGreen says:
That's cool, man. I like to collect some movie posters myself, although I don't have an Igby Goes Down one. Did you get it around the time when the movie was released? My favorite one that I own is a vintage 'Mean Streets' poster signed by Scorsese. That's my precious.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:45:26 AM PST
i got it maybe 2 or 3 years ago. my girlfriend is a big indie movie fan, and we have been collecting posters over the years for our house. when we were at our apartment, they were just sitting around because there was no space for them. we moved this summer and our walls are starting to get covered.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:45:49 AM PST
oh man! i've seen that one!!! Right after the buzz of "requiem for a dream" died down (pun intended), we watched "Spun." Movie is nuts!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:48:33 AM PST
it's a "stop and make you thankful for what you've got/making due with what you don't" type of movie. Takes place around Christmas, so I watch it in the winter from time to time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:49:44 AM PST
AmbientGreen says:
That's awesome, Driz.

We're going to be moving soon (this spring/summer) back to New York, so once we find a place then I'll have to figure out some space for my movie posters once we're all settled in.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:51:58 AM PST
Another movie that hit and was gone again was RocknRolla. I thought it was a great movie and heard that there was the makings of a sequel, but nothing more than that.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:55:57 AM PST
GAR says:
The Jacket

I thought it was good anyway, not sure how many people have seen it.....

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 12:00:12 PM PST
Street Kings, Dr Horrible, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Kingdom of Heaven, Office Space (although this is a questionable choice....I'm just not sure how well received it was by the masses).
However, top 3 all time movies are Office Space, Aliens, Anchorman.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 12:00:30 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I have that one. It's a pretty different take on a time travel movie. Decent, but a bit forgettable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 12:07:15 PM PST
AmbientGreen says:
Kingdom of Heaven is friggin' epic. I'm not an Orlando Bloom fan, but he was really good in that one, along with Neeson and Irons.

Always loved me some Ron Burgundy and Peter Gibbons, as well.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 12:07:34 PM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
The one that popped into my head first was Winters Bone. It got a fair amount of critical praise and a couple of oscar nominations and people may pay more attention to it now because it stars Jennifer Lawrence but at the time I didn't really know anyone who had seen it. Jennifer and John Hawkes were brilliant in that movie.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  250
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions