Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Molyneux lays a logic bomb on Nintendo's forehead

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 267 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:14:01 PM PST
Flores. says:
Must've been an awesome episode.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:15:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 1:17:26 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Wait, so the GC and ps2 are from the same generation, with comparable graphics. If anything the GC looks better.... you are defending ps2 HD releases, but saying GC HD releases wouldn't be a good idea.. and you wonder why people 'pick' on you. Incredible, absolutely stunning logic there Flores. Care to explain how Okami is a great HD remake for a ps3 exclusive yet Wind Waker HD would be a bad idea, despite them coming from the exact same generation?

IMHO, great games age like wine. No matter how old Chrono Trigger gets, it still is a superb game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:15:06 PM PST
gameplay, production, acting, scenery, level design back then was a joke, I agree

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:16:09 PM PST
Yes, yes it was. Especially since you can tell they want to say "You can't shine shit" but aren't allowed, so they use a lot of oblique analogies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:18:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 1:20:23 PM PST
Flores. says:
Ps2 games are one gen back from the PS3. GC games are 2 gens back from the WiiU.

I think PS2 HD releases on the Orbis would be a terrible idea as well

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:20:35 PM PST
Zeno says:
Tales of Symphonia says hi!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:20:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 1:22:50 PM PST
Lucanus says:
So? How is God of War, Ico, Okami worthy of HD remakes and Wind Waker, Sunshine, Prime are not? They are all from the same generation. Seriously (literally serious) this is exactly why people give you are a hard time. Making up arbitrary paramters to make Sony 'right' and everybody else 'wrong' makes you look like a moron. You are better than this.

For the record, when the ps4 is released, HD remakes of ps2 games will still be great games worth playing. I will still be playing Okami for years to come.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:25:18 PM PST
Soulshine says:
I hope they call it Super Okami HD on the PS4.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:25:43 PM PST
DVvM says:
I would love to see an HD remake of Windwaker. I wonder if you could get that game to run on the 3DS even.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:26:52 PM PST
Why are we even fighting over HD ports?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:27:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 1:28:55 PM PST
Flores. says:
**sigh** you just don't get it, do you? The WiiU is supposed to be a next gen console, and by porting GC games to HD they would be taking games from two gens back.
I havent seen a single Playstation game HD remaster on the PS3

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:28:05 PM PST
Soulshine says:
It's because we so excited.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:29:24 PM PST
Lucanus says:
I would love to see some ps1 classics remade with enhanced graphics. I downloaded FF II (IV Japan) Remake on the PSP, that was more than 2 generations old, worth every penny.

Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection - Sony PSP

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:30:52 PM PST
Flores. says:
Keyphrase: "on the PSP"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:31:38 PM PST
It's just pointless, because an HD port IS a multiplat.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:37:24 PM PST
G-Money says:
I like turtles

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:40:24 PM PST
Wow G-Money... you're a umm.. great zombie.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:40:28 PM PST
"I like ninja turtles"

fixed

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:51:14 PM PST
Another interesting article:

"The thing that finally convinced me that a touchscreen controller is a good idea for a console is not the off-screen play in New Super Mario Bros. U or the variety of weird and clever control schemes in Nintendo Land, though both are nice.

It's the TV remote.

The Wii U GamePad features built-in universal remote functionality, allowing players to use the touchscreen to turn their TVs on and off, change channels, switch between various inputs, and control volume. It works with cable boxes as well. A "TV" button on the GamePad brings up the TV controls at any time.

Okay, maybe that doesn't seem like a big deal. But it's an improvement in basic usability that accomplishes what every game company wants to do with a system: remove every possible barrier to its use, no matter how insignificant. If I want to play Nintendo Land, the only thing I have to pick up is the WiiPad: I can turn the TV on, switch over to the right HDMI input, turn the system on, and play the game with a single device.

People may not even realize how accustomed they become to this kind of convenience, until they go back to something that doesn't offer it. In the next console generation, we'll look at a controller that can't turn on a TV like we look at a controller that doesn't have a console power button now. I don't think it's a feature that will sell Wii U systems, necessarily, but even this tiny tweak is going to change how console controllers function from now on.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/09/wii-us-tv-control-is-surprisingly-important/"

Man I wish Nintendo would just innovating already.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:51:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 1:54:00 PM PST
G-Money says:
My thoughts on this thread. Let's wait until the Wii U has been out for a year and revisit. I think the Wii U will introduce some nice features that may be deemed revolutionary, but will more likely will be a nice step in the right direction. Remember how the rumble pack for the n64 introduced rumbling response in gaming, leading to the dualshock for ps2, etc. It's small steps like that (that we take for granted now) that have made gaming more enjoyable. In conclusion......

I like turtles

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:51:47 PM PST
I LOVE NINJA TURTLES.

The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best! The best!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:52:59 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Turtles are great. Except Alligator turtles. They look like dinosaurs and that's scary.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:53:59 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
You misspelled 'awesome'.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:57:38 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 1:59:49 PM PST
it's 4 pm on friday. let me be!

the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best. the best.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Independence Day: Resurgence is a critical bomb 27 44 minutes ago
OT: What Are You Listening To-2016 Version! 1307 1 hour ago
Your favorite sounds in Video Games..... 42 1 hour ago
New Skylanders Game looks interesting 1 1 hour ago
So, I went to Gamestop 18 2 hours ago
OT: Would you name your child after a TV/movie character? 33 2 hours ago
Will Sony ever have a good racing game? 6 2 hours ago
Reasons to own a console even if PC is just as great 9 2 hours ago
If you loved P.T., play the Resident Evil VII demo! 48 2 hours ago
Giant Bomb's super duper official top ten games of E3 97 3 hours ago
Apple gives SF Sodomy Parade attendees a pathetic rainbow watch band, worth about 50 cents 7 3 hours ago
Weekly Gaming and Weekend Review 6/27 - 7/1 72 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  267
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 13, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions