Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Should I get a 3DS XL or a Vita? (Yes, this is a serious question)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 60 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:29:03 AM PST
Interesting... perhaps I should be happy I can't see 3D. I don't actually know what A Headache feels like, perhaps it's because i have 0 depth perception... Good trade off IMO :3

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:18:51 AM PST
Gameresq says:
I have heard this too, but my wife says the 3DS gave her headaches after an hour, but the XL does not. Hey, wait a minute, I think she tricked me out of my XL! Curses!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:18:17 AM PST
Chocolette says:
It's the double vision that makes me nauseous. The XL screen is large, so the "sweet spot" is further back. At least it was in my 1 hr of playing around with it last night. Makes it uncomfortable playing so I'll probably leave it off most of the time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:14:45 AM PST
there are some say the 3D part gives them a headache faster than the 3DS normal does.

I wouldn't know as I was born without the ability to see 3D... nor have I ever had a headache, but that's what I hear.

How does 3D give someone a headache?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:12:57 AM PST
lol

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:09:42 AM PST
Gameresq says:
In my opinion, the 3DS XL is a huge improvement from the original 3DS. It is not just the larger screen, but also the better buttons, better stylus, better form - it is just better all around. I am very pleased that I bought the XL even though I already had a 3DS

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:59:50 AM PST
klopas says:
3DS XL... Go!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:53:43 AM PST
Hey, I got the red one too! It's better than the 3DS in... ever way.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:52:08 AM PST
Chocolette says:
I got the red 3ds xl and it's not as ugly as I feared. It has a metallic sheen-not plasticky as the pictures make it look.

But. I would rather you buy a Vita. So that we add a number to Vita sales so that developers see higher sales and make more/better games. I always have my self interest in mind.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:53:34 AM PST
You already have a Vita... Why would you need a different one?

I can understand going from 3DS to 3DSXL, i did that recently and immediately loved the 3DSXL... mainly for the non-shiny finish and how it felt in my paws.

If you have a Vita stick with it, get the 3DS XL.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:34:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 4:36:02 AM PST
Waldo says:
@ RJMacReady

Haha, so true, so true!

Unfortunately people like him don't realize being conceited really ISN'T a good quality trait!

Just an FYI for those of him like that out there! Then again this is the VGF. lmao

Not even gonna feed the troll anymore!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 4:27:14 AM PST
The only one who seems to be upset here is you. You're the one taking umbrage (crying) at the responses. That seems to be a common theme with you. I will get both in due time but it seems you missed a critical detail in the original post. I was asking if anybody knew of any upcoming deals for either system. Obviously a deal on par with last week's Vita bundle would influence which system I should get. Can you understand that much?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:18:12 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
I think threads like this are Jason's not so subtle way of bragging.

Hey, guys, can you help me? I'm not sure whether I should get my fourth 3ds or my second Vita? Thanks!

Ok, Jason...

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:07:52 AM PST
Waldo says:
Funny how you were asking for advice on what to get, yet when someone gives you an answer you get all upset! Don't bother posting/asking next time if ya can't take any comments back w/o crying about it!

If ya got the money for both, then re-buy them both then and STFU! Shouldn't have posted if ya can afford to get both then. lol

You obviously were just trolling for attention!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 4:03:31 AM PST
Not at all. I am just pointing out that it doesn't make sense to your limited perspective and it doesn't need to since you're not the one paying for it. Besides, what's wrong with buying more Sony products?

You've probably never seen anybody keep over $100,000 in a Paypal account or eat a $160+ burger but I promise you that somepeople do those things. Try to understand that not everything needs to make sense to your limited perspective.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:49:55 AM PST
Waldo says:
Ha, he just likes to be right all the time. He thinks it's just me out to get him or something. I wasn't the only person on this post that thinks that! Not hating, just seriously I've never heard anyone say ok, my handheld or my home console is a year old, time to get a new one of the same model. lmao

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:38:35 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
I could kind of see it if there were some rare Japanese model or something you were getting, but to buy another one just because its a year later. I don't get it, brah. He's right. It makes no sense.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:35:56 AM PST
Waldo says:
""""""";""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""";""""""""""""""""
""""""";""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""";"""""""""""""""
""""""";""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""";""""""""""""""

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 3:35:12 AM PST
" Once you started off with the quoting and dissecting line by line I knew you were in rage mode. Calm down!"

On the contrary, I was quite dispassionate about your post. I have been breaking down peoples' posts for over fifteen years now. It is simply the most effective way to address multiple points within a single post.

" Was just making a general statement as to why anyone would have a need to do what you are doing."

Who in this thread said they were going to replace their handheld simply because they don't like the color of they already have? Or were you just feeling the need to criticize a point that was never made?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:31:42 AM PST
Waldo says:
Peter's Rabbit Walking Jacket, Blue

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:27:46 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 29, 2012 3:30:41 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 3:22:59 AM PST
" Makes no sense!"

Correction: It doesn't make sense to *you*. It doesn't need to make sense to you.

" And just because you don't like the color you already have is even more lame! Buy a cover for it!"

I never said anything about not liking colors of handhelds I already own. Reading comprehension. Try some today!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:51:49 AM PST
Waldo says:
If you already own a 3DS & a Vita why the F would you buy another one? If neither one is broken why bother? Makes no sense! And just because you don't like the color you already have is even more lame! Buy a cover for it!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:41:27 PM PST
"I'd just wait until there was a 3DS color I liked or a bundle of either that appealed to me."

^ This. I'm something of a handheld collector too, but I don't buy another until there's a particular system design/color or bundle that appeals to me. This year, the ACIII bundle got me to grab another Vita, due to the awesome deal here on Amazon (and the fact that I also have a ceramic white PSP1000 in my collection and really like how white looks on those systems), but on the Nintendo handheld side there wasn't anything I felt worthy to add to my collection this holiday season. Last year's Zelda bundle was awesome, and I've got a 3DS XL too, so I won't buy another version of the 3DS until there's a color/design that really appeals to me.

*keeping fingers crossed that we'll get the limited Fire Emblem 3DS eventually*

Btw, I was a little worried the Persona 4 skin would look better on a black Vita, but I put it on my white Vita today, and it's just freaking awesome!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:40:03 PM PST
DVvM says:
I wish I had a 3DS...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  60
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions