Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Silicon Knights takes a critical hit; ordered to destroy all unsold games using Unreal Engine code

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 48 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 10:15:25 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I agree wholeheartedly and/or disagree vehemently.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 10:14:10 AM PST
Anthony says:
i already own Too Human. i planned on getting Destiny at some point. might not happen now if the prices go up.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 10:12:18 AM PST
Can the VGF agree that Too Human is a gift from the gods and/or a crime against humanity?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:32:39 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Strange that they have to destroy copies of games that they were forced to rewrite an engine for. When the UE3 framework was given to both SK and BioWare it was a completely worthless buggy POS, which forced both companies to either rewrite their own engines or in Biowares case modify almost the entire engine just to get it to the half way point of what was promised to them.

The UE3 engine wasn't even completed until Epic released their own game Gears of War. I can't wait for all developers next gen to either not adopt the UE4 framework at all or wait until Epic releases their own games on it before considering adoption.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:22:55 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It's my worst game of all time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:21:10 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
I never said it didn't have faults, but it's not the worst game ever, not even close. Lair doesn't even deserve that title.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:13:19 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Right. It was a response to the person who bought the copy that just liking the lore isn't enough to overlook this games many and glaring faults.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:12:49 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Apparently, that just means THEY are changing something in the Matrix.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:11:40 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
"I wasn't even responding to your post with my last."

So I bring up the mythology aspect in my post, then you follow with a post saying you were intitially interested in this game because of the mythology. Now you're trying to say that wasn't a response to me. Am I missing something?

Mstifler says:
"I just bought a Warehouse copy from Amazon this morning for $8. Gonna play it during the holidays this year. Really good game. Especially if you love mythology."

Fox says:
"Yup, I love Norse mythology. I'm really into it, like I'm reading Asatru books now. It was one of the selling points of this game for me. Still didn't help me like it any better though."

^^That looks like a direct response to me, even though you didn't click the button.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:11:16 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Easy fellas. It's Friday.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:09:53 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I think you've said that several times to me, so apparently you have agreed with me before.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:08:27 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Donnie, I've never agreed with you before, but yes, this is the one instance it will happen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:07:36 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Yeah Fox, it was really so incredibly obvious that you were doing that. I mean communicating via the written word is always so clear cut and straightforward it's a miracle I didn't pick up on that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:05:32 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Right. As it was supposed to be. Because it was basically just rewording his own post. Please follow the thread, and stop pointing out the obvious intent of other people's posts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:02:36 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
"I just don't understand when people force themselves to like a game that is terrible how they have to tout their opinion of the game like it is the end all be all of opinions and that everyone who doesn't like it "must suck at it."

That's a nice little slice of hypocrisy right there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:00:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 7:04:43 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
While I'm glad that you and 4 other people in the entire world really like this game; however, if you reread the thread you can clearly see that my post was the original as far as Too Human was concerned, then you and the other 3 people in the entire world who like Too Human decided to blast your opinion of the game out there. You could have just made a topic about how great it is, instead you decided to come into this topic and spew flowers and rainbows about how great Too Human is specifically in response to my post. Too Human is not great, it's not even good or mediocre; it's just bad. So you are the one arguing for the sake of arguing. You decided to come into this thread and start to polish a turd, then get upset when I continued to put my opinion out there. I wasn't even responding to your post with my last. I was just putting it out there that I'm really into Norse lore and mythology and that it didn't help in enjoying this game. Hell, they made Thor out to be this meathead, jock, star quarterback type person anyway.

I just don't understand when people force themselves to like a game that is terrible how they have to tout their opinion of the game like it is the end all be all of opinions and that everyone who doesn't like it "must suck at it."

I died A LOT in Dark Souls and that is one of my favorite games of all time. The good news about this thread is now I can say that "Too Human was so bad they took it off the market."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:57:07 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
I'm not mad or upset, I just don't understand why when people are talking about what they like about the game, you have to come back with the same "i died a lot, therefore this game is terrible."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:52:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:54:57 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Wow, dude, maybe you should reread the OP. Oh, and you might want to unbunch your panties too.

The thread was about how SK has to destroy copies of games that use the Unreal Engine. The reason for the case in the first place is because SK put out a terrible game with Too Human, and decided to sue Epic claiming that the game's failings were lack of product support with the Unreal Engine.

Go make your own thread about how awesome Too Human is, because that's not what this thread was about.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:50:38 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Why are you still posting in the discussion if you don't like the game? Arguing for the sake of arguing? Some may call that trolling. The fact that you weren't good at the game and didn't like it for that reason doesn't mean you should be uber-negative about it. I don't like Final Fantasy, so I stay out of discussion about it.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:48:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:55:26 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Yup, I love Norse mythology. I'm really into it, like I'm reading Asatru books now. It was one of the selling points of this game for me. Still didn't help me like it any better though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:47:10 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
I just bought a Warehouse copy from Amazon this morning for $8. Gonna play it during the holidays this year. Really good game. Especially if you love mythology.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:31:28 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Sold or not, all copies of X-Men: Destiny should be destroyed. That is the video game equivalent of a war crime.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:31:27 AM PST
I.Flores says:
Too Human?? Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:31:07 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Too Human was completely unbalanced.

I loved the game when I was playing as a Defender and wanted to break the disc in half and burn it when I was playing as a Berserker.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:30:56 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I figured I would. I have a +3 helmet though, so he can't punch me.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions