Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Does Anyone Still Watch the Simpsons?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 49 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2012 2:07:45 PM PST
Seriously??? this show is still on, but when was the last time you heard someone say that watched that show? I feel like its just on, but no one watches it.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 2:16:21 PM PST
No I haven't watched it in years because it started to not "great" anymore. I don't know much about the Simpsons any more so it could be a great show again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 2:16:55 PM PST
neu Tron says:
I don't watch new episodes anymore. But I still love the old ones (seasons 3-9). They hold up incredibly well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 2:19:18 PM PST
Hey says:
I've caught a few here and there and they're not great. It's just stale jokes and bad timing while you can tell they're trying so hard to be relevant still. It's really depressing, considering how funny it used to be. Case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh5knx1Bt64

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 2:19:44 PM PST
I think I stopped after Season 10. I was a big fan of the show. I just got burnt out on it.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 2:21:07 PM PST
I used to watch Simpsons every night after work. Now I just occasionally do a Treehouse of Horror or a Holiday episode

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 2:23:12 PM PST
I absolutely love the classic, earlier episodes, which had to be some of the best Television has to offer (nah, the best TV has to offer). Now, it's definitely lost its luster, although some later episodes have great moments.

Then again, this happened in the later seasons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0588DtHJA

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 2:29:26 PM PST
Nilrem says:
It's been over for awhile, like rap music. It just doesn't realize it yet.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 2:37:01 PM PST
FOGE says:
I watch it once in awhile. Mostly reruns. At my old job I used to go to this bar and they always played it. That's the most I watched it since the 90s.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 2:43:31 PM PST
I love Mr. Plow :)
http://youtu.be/kVWdf1Ky2bI

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 2:44:19 PM PST
So does my wife... Oh Simpsons... Yeah that's a good Simpsons episode...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 2:51:32 PM PST
FOGE says:
Call Mr Plow cause that's my name!
That name again is Mr Plow!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 3:25:18 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Senior Plow no es macho y solemente un borracho!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 4:01:01 PM PST
I still watch the Simpsons, one of my all time favorite cartoons...right up there with South Park and Family Guy.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 4:08:08 PM PST
I would watch it if I had the chance to catch an episode. Last time I saw a few new ones was about two years back. They were admittingly bizarre but seemed to retain the old Simpsons spirit and going in a fresh direction, sans the sometime moral (or immoral) lesson. Would like to see more to confirm.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 4:24:50 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
I stopped watching about six years ago. The earlier episodes were the best. I always laugh at the christmas one where Bart burned down the xmas tree. Best part is where he tells everyone and Lisa starts choking Bart, and Homer's like "Lisa no!! Your hands are too weak!!" He bats her aside and starts choking Bart.

I think what happened to the simpsons is that they are trying to hard to put current events in their shows. They need to just stay with original stories and not copy plots. But what I think they really need to do a spinoff about Mr. Burns and his life as the nuclear plant boss. That'd be fun to watch. "Release the hounds"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 4:29:07 PM PST
Anthony says:
yeah, i kind of lost interest quite a few years back.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 4:31:02 PM PST
Anthony says:
i lost interest in South Park too.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 4:35:22 PM PST
I do still buy the season sets when they come out for sale but don't watch the series so much on t.v.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 4:40:03 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
Lost interest in the simpsons, american dad, family guy and south park.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 7:58:10 PM PST
The last time I watched Simpsons it wasn't nearly as funny as it use to be, but was still enjoyable. Where as, I feel, that Family Guy, American Dad and South Park are still making really hilarious stuff that I look forward to watching.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 9:52:12 PM PST
Breeze says:
While most of the new episodes suck, every now and then they put out one that's good. I haven't watched it in it's entirety yet, but the episode from the 18th seems good. The episode from a week before was incredibly boring and had I not needed to stay awake to go to work, I'd have fallen asleep like my roommate did.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:28:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 10:28:45 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
I stopped watching The Simpsons regularly in the 90s, although I'll occasionally watch an episode. It's just been on too long to hold people's interest the entire time it's been on.

I loved Futurama and watch those in reruns still. I liked King of the Hill, hated Family Guy or any spinoff of it and still like South Park to a point. South Park is easier to not get too burned out on since they make so few episodes in recent years, although it seems like half of the episodes they are stretching for ideas.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 11:07:57 PM PST
Nicos says:
Around season 12 the show actually died. Fox didn't want to lose any money so they buried it in the old Micmac burial ground. The Simpsons came back... but it was not the show that we all loved and knew.

For real though, for me the show was pretty much over after Phil Hartman died (season 10?). That and that episode where they had Principal Skinner end up not being Seymour Skinner and he just took over his life from the Seymour Skinner that was his commanding officer in Vietnam or whatever... ugh.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 11:50:52 PM PST
I still watch it every week day. At 6 and 6:30 they air episodes on our local station (old UPN channel, forgot what it is now). Unfortunately, the first airing is typically a newer episode, so we watch Seinfeld instead. Fortunately, the second airing is a classic, though lately they've been towards the newer end of the classic spectrum when things started going downhill.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  49
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions