Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Will/should the next gen Xbox let you import your Xbox 360 live account?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2012 7:49:59 PM PST
Do you think the next Xbox should let you use your current Xbox live account?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:51:12 PM PST
It should.... For a fee.
It's MS, after all.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:52:00 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
It should. Probably wont though. Microsoft is notoriously greedy. I can only hope my live account doesnt get shut down completely.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:02:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 8:03:31 PM PST
Ham Salad says:
Why would they let you switch over all your downloaded games and trophies, when they could let you pay for them all over again instead? That would just be silly.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:02:53 PM PST
Agreed with everyone in this thread.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:05:02 PM PST
Jon says:
They did it with Xbox to Xbox 360 I can't see them not importing profiles to the next network.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:07:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 8:09:07 PM PST
vishock says:
if they want to keep customers, they will do it. and i dont think they want to lose customers, so im about 99.9% sure they will.

if activision, ACTIVISION, will track your COD career without making you pay and also make ELITE free instead of another $50, then yea.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:19:52 PM PST
Will it be the same account? Probably.

Will they allow transfers of DL games to the new system? Well first of all, that assumes there will be backwards compatibility. Secondly, if they do, there will probably be a fee.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:47:14 PM PST
I don't care about the games, I mean like acheivments and gamer tag.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:51:08 PM PST
M. says:
Of course they will.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:54:49 PM PST
Oh, that? Yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:55:49 PM PST
You care about a username and points more than content you paid for?

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:56:18 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
They will probably let people transfer over Gamertag and achievements, and maybe they will transfer licenses for purchased products too (assuming the is backwards compatibility), but I bet it will be for a fee, which they will have some stupid excuse or euphemism for charging. Oh look it's a "Full Xbox Live Experience Fee" to allow people to enjoy Xbox Live in it's fullest, for just a small one time fee of only $50!

If they do that it will be one more reason why I won't be interested in the next generation Xbox. In fact I'm not that enthusiastic about any next gen consoles right now. Cheap Steam games makes me more excited about going back to PC gaming.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:58:00 PM PST
Who cares about games when you can think about cheevos? Seriously, though, Nate: If our achievements carry over and you stop playing right now, I'm guessing I can tie your gamer score in about 15 years, give or take a few. So I really, really hope they carry over.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:58:35 PM PST
Of course it will. Imagine if all those nerds lost their gamer scores, it would be black friday all over again...for a year.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:01:10 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
It's going to take you 15 years to catch up to Nate? You better get moving!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:03:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 9:04:37 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
Hey I'm a gamerscore nerd, or at least I used to be. It took me 11 months to get my first 10,000 GS, and 11 months to get my second 10,000, but in the last 14 months I've only gotten about 8,000. Argh how am I going to catch the guy with the record? At this rate it will take me 1,000 years, assuming he keeps earning 100,000 a year for a few more years.

DVvM will probably post with some math on how long it will take exactly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:06:46 PM PST
Dood, I have so little time split between so many systems, it's not even funny. Most of the gaming time I do have I've spent on handhelds or older systems with no achievements or trophies, since I don't actually care about those things, or I've spent playing on my brother's accounts with him. It'd probably take me many years to catch up with anybody around here in that regard. C'est la vie! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:09:40 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
What is your gamerscore now? I thought I saw it spike up a few thousand when I last saw it, which was before I cleared my entire friends list when I thought my cousin was going to buy my Xbox 360 off me, and then changed his mind. What a doofus he was, but at least he took the PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:11:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 9:14:53 PM PST
Oh I am too. Just under 18,000 at the moment, but I took a break from the 360 and am just getting back into it.

Oh what the Stallion guy with like a million gamers score? I think that's impossible to catch up with him. Just imagine playing all those horrible games just for the gamerscore. I still need to get around to playing Avatar the last airbender for the easy 1000 in what, like a few minutes?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:16:19 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
Yes that's the guy. He got in the Guinness Book of World Records with half a million a few years ago. Last I saw he topped 600,000, which was late last year or early this year, so he'll probably be 1 million in a few more years unless he gives up on it. He did say he was going for 1 million though. Someone should buy him a Wii-U!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:19:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 9:20:27 PM PST
I set up this new XBLA account in just the past year or two I guess, and I've gone through months with not much time to play anything since then. I think I'm just over 3K now. *shrugs* I'm hoping to find a good chunk of time to get through some of my 360 backlog over the winter break, but I may be tempted away by the Wii U. (Ooo...new toy...shiny!)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:24:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 9:27:11 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
I don't blame you if the Wii-U pulls you away. You love Nintendo games and the Wii-U does look like fun with the controller. I tried out Rayman in Best Buy's Wii-U display the other day and the controller is comfortable and really worked well. My only problem was in part of the game I felt like the TV wasn't necessary because I spent all the time looking at the tablet.

Do you have Rayman for it? If so, how do you like it?

EDIT: Oh I just saw it isn't even out yet. That's a pretty early demo.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:26:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 9:28:30 PM PST
I have to wait for Xmas to try mine out, due to the dwarf. :) I think Rayman Legends--which looks great from what I've seen--isn't going to be released for another couple of months, but we'll be trying out and NSMB Wii U and Nintendo Land to start us off, at the very least. Maybe ZombiU for me too. Scribblenauts eventually.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:30:43 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
That is awesome. Sometimes I wish Mrs. bear and I had a kid to play games with. That way I can relive my youth through the eyes of a kid. I remember getting my Colecovision and NES on Christmas, I think in 1983 and 1986. I was excited as the Nintendo 64 kid even though I was a bit older than him.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa678b378)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions