Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PS3 not as competitve as the 360

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-33 of 33 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:27:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 11:34:01 PM PST
"the types of gamer that the PS3 tends to attract is certainly a more casual sort"

This statement isn't even remotely true. I don't think you know what casual means.

" so we choose to spend our preciuos gaming time on more story driven single- player games rather than adrenaline-pumping online mayhem."

Two of the games you listed, Killzone and Uncharted, have great online multiplayer. Again, this makes no sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:30:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 11:31:32 PM PST
Except that Uncharted has multiplayer (Journey does too, but it's just co-op). You fail to cover the wide variety of other exclusive games on BOTH platforms that have online multiplayer, like Left 4 Dead, Killzone, Resistance, Forza, Gran Turismo, Demon's Souls, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:35:11 PM PST
I only noticed this with CoD. Fighting gamers are better on PS3 as far as I can tell from experiecne, but other than that, I don't see too much of a difference between both communities in terms of skill.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:48:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 11:54:03 PM PST
DVvM says:
How vast, exactly, is your experience with fighting games on both the Xbox 360 and the PS3?

Generally these games have matchmaking algorithms designed to prevent people from playing against really good players until they've themselves demonstrated a certain amount of skill (because good players don't really want to play against newbies anyway.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:52:19 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Well the Dualshock is certainly more "percise" than your grammar and spelling.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:57:56 PM PST
Ehh, to be honest, not too broad.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 12:09:21 AM PST
aka TRAP says:
I actually agree with the OP. I went back to the Xbox 360 because I wanted to play Gears of War and I also wanted a more interactive online experience. The PS3 is almost dead-silent unless you're playing a popular game, like Call of Duty or Uncharted. And even then most of the games I played were dead-silent. Now when I hop on Gears 3, which came out a year ago, there's a good chance I'll hear people talking throughout the game.

Of course, people talking isn't necessarily a good thing. Some people take the game too seriously and start trash-talking, others are just plain weird. But I still have a better chance of actually meeting someone I want to play with and add to my friend's list on the 360 than I ever did playing the PS3. It's like the PS3 is more geared towards those that love single-player campaigns, since a lot of PS3 games have a pretty good single-player campaign.

When it comes to the controller & competitiveness, any competitor will be able to adapt to either controller, no exceptions. It's not that hard. I do agree the 360 controller is better because of its size (I have big hands) and the triggers, but other than that, the controller is irrelevant..........unless it's the PC. But that's a different story.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 1:34:06 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 17, 2013 7:51:11 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions