Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wii U Has A Big Problem: Sibling Rivalry

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 80 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:29:29 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I have 2. They are both babies, but they do go after the same toys. Then they get timeouts until they learn to share.

Parenting. The more you know.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:32:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 7:34:22 AM PST
then why does it have an option for two tablets?

The "issue" is not having a second one included and not allowing for someone to purchase a second tablet and/or the price to purchase the second one. A gaming system from a company that seeks and gets its success from the causal and family friendly markets make no sense to exclude the whole family.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:32:21 AM PST
Flores. says:
Wait until they're old enough. It's inevitable.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:33:12 AM PST
time out...babyies...Parenting the more you know? please..lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:38:25 AM PST
still living with your parents?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:42:35 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
When the biggest manchildren on the forum, Doug and Flores, pretend to know anything about parenting, you know it's a bad day.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:45:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 7:46:32 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I'm getting the vibe that the second tablet was not part of the concept...ever...and last minute, due to these concerns and alienating a base, they added the capability.

I have not seen any software developed use two tablet controllers in any meaningful way, and it there were, tablets would be on sale at launch. The problem is Nintendo is likely selling at a loss due to the tablet, and there is an issue of economy around the sale of a controller SKU so development was never on the table.

Personality disorder: You hold IP's that capture the widest market in gaming, but you develop a console that attracts mainly older, legacy gamers by building a Nintendo Xbox.

This singular design approach really would've been at home with Sony or MS, where its bolstered by online for interaction. Nintendo has always been about the livingroom for community.
Having an 8 yr old on the tablet and a 5 yr old on the wiimote/nunchuck (or vice versa) just spells a clusterbomb for co-operation or game design in general. I'll be curious to see how Ninty addresses that for their larger demographic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:46:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 7:51:34 AM PST
Im glad you've met my kids. Who happen to be straight A students in Vanguard schools (not magnet schools...lol). You do know what a Vanguard school is...right? Its not just a fancy name fyi

When the biggest manchildren (Cinema Fan/etc ) still living in their parents house, pretend to know anything about parenting, you know it's a bad day.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:50:20 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
So your kids are liberal arts college students who fight over controllers? Clearly the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:53:05 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Yo! I moved out of my parent's basement. I live in a stranger's basement now...... Oh crap.. Wait *looks around nervously* *hears footsteps leaving the house*

You almost got me caught! I was typing too loudly, and this homeowner almost found me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:53:25 AM PST
lol, you dont know ...lol. Ok Im done here.

Go ask your mom for some pocket change and go away...lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:54:44 AM PST
You have to wrap your feet with newspaper.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:55:31 AM PST
So, the gist here is that the Wii U might have a problem but that sibling rivalry isn't it? Good, glad we cleared this up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:55:31 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Genius!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:57:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 7:57:44 AM PST
sibling rivalry is here to stay, the problem is the WiiU or Nintendo for that mater isnt helping. youre welcome.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:58:21 AM PST
third time is a charm?

:)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:59:35 AM PST
you can only hope

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:00:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 8:01:21 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Sure, the tablet controller will be expensive when it is finally released, but it's not as though $60, the price of current gen controllers, is a drop in the bucket.

I would be concerned about accidentally dropping the controller more so than I would be about deliberate damage via children.

Replacing a Wii U tablet will still be cheaper than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xUhOdzwLtw

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:01:35 AM PST
I meant your post. The first time you posted it looked like an 8 year old typed it. And the second time you spelled "matter" wrong. I assume you're typing on a phone or tablet with auto-type. I'm just being a dick.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:01:38 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
This weekend you were telling another forum member about how you have 4 PS3s in your house and 1 at your ex-wife's house for the kids. So riddle me this: why are your kids staying at your ex-wife's house when they are "college students?"

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:04:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 8:05:35 AM PST
Wait, you mean parents might need to teach their kids valuable life lessons about how to coexist with other people? That's the worst thing I've ever heard! I'm so glad that issue has never come up before in the history of man, it's just too awful to consider. We should all immediately go and burn Nintendo's headquarters to the ground for presuming to make a toy that MIGHT be more desirable than some other toys!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:04:56 AM PST
lol...cell phone. freaking touch screen

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:12:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 8:17:20 AM PST
Vanguard school is not only a college but also a public school system for the highly gifted and talented. you can only apply if youre in a Magnet and Gifted and Talented program in other schools and are required to take an entry exam. even if you score a near 100 youre still need to be selected based on other criteria. you can only stay if you maintain a B+ avg. my kids are 14 and 10 yrs old.

glad I could help you understand what you didnt know. But please feel free to criticize my parenting regardless of you not being one or having a clue and still living with your parents.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:23:48 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:27:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 8:35:41 AM PST
Actually being gifted has nothing to do with them still being children. Again Im arguing with someone that sill lives with his parents and has no responsibility what so ever. So I will stop now and please give my apologies to your mom.

**waits for Cinema Fan to brush hair from face to read and reply**
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
PSN flash sale incoming today 72 3 minutes ago
Are you buying this Vita game when it releases? - Assuming you have a PS Vita 2 3 minutes ago
8 new games added to X1 BC 3 3 minutes ago
What's your favorite videogame food? 7 5 minutes ago
Nintendo NX - Might Actually Go Back to Cartridges? 55 8 minutes ago
2-Years of Playstation Plus $65! 28 8 minutes ago
Person of interest end tonight 19 9 minutes ago
OT: Conservatives Hurt the Economy Once Again: Global stocks tumble after Britain votes to leave the EU 2 17 minutes ago
Why ReCore is a $40 Game 39 20 minutes ago
A fair review of Mighty No. 9 9 27 minutes ago
OT: Guardian on Brexit effect on Stocks "Do not read much into the kneejerk reaction." 1 30 minutes ago
CDC Study on Gun Violence DESTROYS Obama's New Gun Control Push 46 32 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  80
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions