Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: What does Obama's second term mean for gun owners?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 334 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:29:39 AM PST
FOGE says:
Correct. I believe that is all states actually. Assault rifles are semi-automatic and have high capacity mags. Its possible the high capacity mags may be the first to be outlawed. Or at least taxed heavily.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:31:32 AM PST
FOGE says:
Thanks man. I will definitely check these out. Kinda bored at work right now ;)

Thats right. Still, you are much more knowledgable than I. My family hates guns so Im all alone. And only one of my good friends owns much of anything.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:31:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:40:14 AM PST
I think firearms training courses should be mandatory across the nation. I don't want John Doe to somehow acquire a robbers run and accidentally shoot me instead of a robber in a restaurant or something. Everyone should be familiar with how they work.

If a woman is being raped and she manages to acquire her attackers firearm, but she doesn't know how to use it, what good is it?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:31:41 AM PST
These guns have been improperly classified. They are nothing more than semi-automatic carbines that happen to, in most cases, share a common caliber with their Military issue counterparts. What sets them apart from actual assault rifles or battle rifles is the select-fire option.

Any and all are perfectly suited for both protection and hunting as any bolt-action rifle is, they just fire a little faster and have a higher ammunition capacity.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:32:14 AM PST
You mean fully-automatic?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:32:18 AM PST
Agreed as well. If you want to drive a car, you need to have a license, and the same should go for firearms.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:33:33 AM PST
Exactly. People are thinking of NFA (or National Firearms Act/Class III firearms) when they use the misappropriated term "assault weapon". Civilians already CANNOT own those, only military, LE and FFL holders with the correct license.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:33:53 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Duh, to smash him over the head with it!

I personally don't own a gun but I would want to the know the ins and outs of whatever model I would have before I even touched it. I don't want to be the moron to be on the news for shooting my own foot.

If we can ever get a Hellfire SMG out on the market then I might be inclined to buy a gun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:36:16 AM PST
"Duh, to smash him over the head with it!"

Not going to do her much good when he overpowers her and takes it back. Then she's lost her chance and more than likely she's doomed.

The more you know, the better your chance of survival in life or death situations. And none of that, "It isn't going to happen to me" crap either. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:37:04 AM PST
FOGE says:
No. Assault rifles that are fully-automatic are illegal. You can buy semi-auto rifles though, which is what I did last week. Honestly, I'd buy semi-auto over full-auto any day. Better ammo consumption and less recoil in that mode.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:38:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:38:46 AM PST
Assault rifle and Semi-Automatic rifle are two different things.

Assault rifles are fully automatic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:38:45 AM PST
So we should be able to buy explosives, armor piercing rounds, and everything else we need to defend ourselves against a modern military force?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:39:06 AM PST
"What does Obama's second term mean for gun owners?"

Gun owners? Nothing. Militants? Something.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:39:53 AM PST
Agreed, the second amendment should include nukes. Get offa my lawn kids er ah'll nuke ya!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:41:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:42:20 AM PST
Your trolling in this thread is lost upon your fellow VGFers, lol. You should go poke Doug, I think he was making a scene in the Wii-U thread.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're already poking him. Hehe.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:41:07 AM PST
FOGE says:
You already can really. I for one, dont have the technical know how for explosives but Im sure the internet could teach anyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:41:10 AM PST
Ooooh, can I also get my own sub to launch them from?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:42:24 AM PST
...Soap?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:42:56 AM PST
Mactavish?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:43:10 AM PST
FOGE says:
Ha yeah, exactly. I believe the formula Tyler Durden uses is incorrect though. Obviously this was done intentionally. The novel may have the actual formula.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:43:32 AM PST
if my videogames dont have guns because of obama, i'm gonna be pissed

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:43:44 AM PST
I am so tired of scare tactics.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:43:49 AM PST
Capt...I know this is a random question, but were you an avd Socom 1 player? I just recalled a CaptKirk that used to play and started wondering...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:44:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:45:23 AM PST
The book has the correct formula and the movie was (for reasons that should be obvious) changed to be incomplete.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:45:01 AM PST
Nope. The K stands for Killsteal, but Zon won't allow it to be present in my name. ;)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  334
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions