Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone still play Diablo 3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 735 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 26, 2012 5:41:27 AM PST
Well, I got a lot of time in on D3 over the Christmas break (I am back to work today). Got my monk to level 60 and even got some decent gear on it. I want to thank everyone who chatted with me and offered me stuff. Your assistance makes playing this game even better. I am in act 3 of Hell Mode I think and should be able to get to Inferno rather quickly now that I can mop the floor of Hell Mode as is. ^_^

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 5:43:31 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
"I am in act 3 of Hell Mode I think and should be able to get to Inferno rather quickly now that I can mop the floor of Hell Mode as is. ^_^"

That's what I thought too, wait until Act 3 of Inferno and do it solo. I tried doing it before the "take it easy on me in inferno" patch, so it can be doable now solo.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 5:44:17 AM PST
Oh and on a side note, I was helping another one of my friends power level his new Demon Hunter. We cranked it up to MP10 on Normal Mode (thats as far as his DH has made it so far) and went at it. I literally didn't even have to attack to kill the waves of enemies. Apparently the boots I am wearing (Fire Walkers or something like that) automatically do 2-3K in damage. All I had to do was walk thru the crowds and they would just die. It even worked on elites.

It was just nice to be the one who was Godly helping someone else out rather than being the one who needed the help. ^_^

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 5:45:01 AM PST
Well, I was just saying I should be able to get to Inferno. After I get there is a different story, lol.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 1:03:19 PM PST
Debating on whether or not I play this or Heavy Rain when I get home. Just started Heavy Rain and made it to the part where I am an FBI agent. Its good story telling so far, just not used to the controls.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:21:47 AM PST
I made it to Inferno last night! WOOT!

Played just a little bit of it before I went to bed. I am doing some good damage with my Skorn so I think I am okay there. I have like 51K in damage, but from what I am seeing from you guys, it looks like I still need to work on getting it higher in order to do Inferno the way it needs to be done. I could definitely use some better armor so I may just hit up the auction tonight and see what I can come up with. Or heck, maybe now that I am in Inferno, I can just get better equips by going through it.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:43:32 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Going to be going back to D3 this weekend fellas, going to see if I can finally get through Inferno with my Barbie solo.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:00:18 AM PST
Well, if you need any help from a lowly Monk such as myself, I would be willing to help you out where I can. ^_^

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:38:35 AM PST
Gratz on beating hell.

Now Welcome to hell.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 9:13:24 AM PST
Duster says:
Yeah I haven't been on much. A lot of RL stuff is coming up right now. That and it's getting depressing on how much gold I need to upgrade my monk...

I still won't put an extra penny in this game though. I would like a decent drop to at least get some sort of gold stash going... *cough* Badger you suck *cough*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:42:55 AM PST
lols, thanks. I gotta get me some "inferno food". This is what my friend calls things like Mythic Health Potions and better armor.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:44:02 AM PST
I don't know how much money "a lot of money" is in this game, but I know some of the Auction stuff is a little pricey.

Currently I have 2.5 million in gold. To me, thats quite a bit, but is it really?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:45:21 AM PST
Yeah, the controls never really gets any better.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:06:09 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
I have no idea how bad the inflation got since I left, but the #1 lesson I learned the hard way was do not upgrade everything in small increments. It's better to have a long term agenda and slowly work there by purchasing one uber piece of equipment of your final endgame set at a time.

Or else you'll just find yourself broke with a large quantity of okay but far from what you need gear.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:43:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 11:44:16 AM PST
Duster says:
I'm finding that out the hard way... That and I really don't have a lot of patience...

@KungFu

Lets just say that I can't upgrade anything else on my Monk for under 20 million. Now for me, that is quite a bit. I don't get the lucky drops that my other buddies get. All of the people I've played with have had some sort of drop they could sell for 50+ million.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 12:18:24 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
2.5 mil ain't nothing! But it's a good start.

I don't know prices anymore, at the time I left, the biggest reason why I did was because everything was too damn expensive. Now that inferno is easier, more people probably farm it, resulting in better prices, so there you go.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 12:25:55 PM PST
Holy cow! I have yet to get a drop that sells for that much. Maybe in Inferno I can get one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:40:35 PM PST
The best item i ever got after 400 hours of play was a chest piece, the IMortal Kings set piece, wworth 60m. It has funded a few other purchases.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 6:13:25 AM PST
J. says:
I wish I could buy an upgrade for my WD for 20m :(

Had some fun with a lot of you over the past week. Sorry if I wasn't talking a lot, I was trying to hit my goal of paragon level 60.

Trying to gear up my barb again. I'm trying to find an MP10 viable character. My WD is close, but to get him there would cost a lot more gold than I currently have.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 5:37:14 AM PST
Okay, so I have my monk to level 60 with 7 or 8 paragon levels. I am mainly doing the Alkaizer run for now, trying to get more levels and more money. Biggest problem I am running into is that it takes a lot longer for me with my current equip/stats. I have found a moveset that works pretty good and I can stay alive in all situations except when poison and fire come at me. I have like 4 or 5 pieces of legendary on, but the stats still aren't great. My dex is less than 2000, my damage is like 53k and my armor rating is a little over 5k.

Can anyone recommend a decent weapon (set)? Currently I am rocking a Skorn and it works pretty good. Everytime I buy 2 fists weapons, I lose 20K in damage when comparing them to the Skorn. I want 2, 1-handed weapons that I can replace my Skorn with.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 6:17:40 AM PST
Duster says:
Kung Fu you need to take a look at my weapons and get some like that. You're stats aren't bad that's for sure, but skorn is just too slow. What is your critical hit chance at? If you aren't floating somewhere around 50% you have to take care of that. CC is what will take care of your dps drop when you switch over to dual weilding.

Don't forget to get at least one of the weapons with LS on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 6:49:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2013 6:49:45 AM PST
My Crit hit chance is below 50% I believe. The damage is great thanks to the Skorn and other items, just a lower chance.

So you are saying that if my Damage is only 30K, that as long as my CC is higher than 50%, It should be better than using my slow ass Skorn?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 7:05:52 AM PST
Duster says:
Well first off, your damage won't be 30k if you do it right :P Critical hit chance and critical hit damage play off of each other very well.

What you're missing is dual wielding with socketed weapons. You put some really good emeralds in the sockets and your damage will skyrocket. Also, with the faster attack speed from dual wielding, and the sweeping wind ability that both of us use, you will be shooting out tornadoes like nobody's business. Which incidentally increases your in game damage (meaning it won't show up in your damage stat, but you will be laying down some serious hurt that isn't tracked by stats).

:)

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 8:38:44 AM PST
J. says:
I think your Monk is pretty solid, considering your play time. Most of use probably started Inferno with half the DPS you're rocking right now. I think my DH had about 15k. XD

Luckily for you, upgrades should drop pretty regularly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 8:47:49 AM PST
I am still trying to figure out how the math works in this game, but what your telling me makes total sense. What kind of Damage should I be looking at on fist weapons? I have a pair that does 938 right now, but I dont know if thats low or not for fist weapons.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Destiny PS4 VGF Clan 418 3 minutes ago
GoG Sale- Pew Pew Promo! Have a very shooty weekend, everyone. 2 4 minutes ago
D4 (Xbox One) Getting Great Reviews 55 9 minutes ago
OT: How's Everyone'sDiet Going? 29 10 minutes ago
So what's up with the unhealthy obsession to hate anything Xbox exclusive? 29 12 minutes ago
Free key for Space Hack 5 14 minutes ago
Scalebound is Platinum Games' First Stab at Fantasy 52 14 minutes ago
sunset overdrive is silly, stylish, and incredibly smart 72 16 minutes ago
It's not enough to just have 'good' games anymore 20 30 minutes ago
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter up for preorder on Steam. 0 45 minutes ago
OT: U.S., Canadian jets intercept 8 Russian aircraft 2 45 minutes ago
Splinter Cell Blacklist PC less than $5 on the Humble Store. 1 46 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  735
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions