Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Hacker discovers Wii U CPU clock speed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 275 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:39:24 AM PST
What motion controls does the gamepad use in single player? Am I forgetting something?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:39:47 AM PST
You're serious.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:40:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:41:34 AM PST
'For instance I am setting dual HDMI out from my receiver to support two rooms with my consoles. I am doing my research before buying wireless kits, such as making sure the second HDMI out can carry a digital audio signal.'

not the same as Nintendo making a totally new controller for a totally new system and not working with a MAJOR NEW WiiU game. The controller was made to be used for the New WiiU system to which will play WiiU games. Youre trying too hard. So lets move on

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:41:15 AM PST
Lucanus says:
You shake for POW blocks, Acorn flying, spin jumping, etc. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:42:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:44:17 AM PST
Spin jumping = LSB
Acorn flying = (Dang..forgot what button but theres one)

POW blocks? whats that?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:43:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:43:33 AM PST
Lucanus says:
"not the same as Nintendo making a a totally new controller for a totally new system and not working with a MAJOR NEW WiiU game. THe controller was made to be used for the New WiiU system to which will play WiiU games. Youre trying too hard. "

I don't feel I am trying at all. You are the consumer, protect yourself. I already agreed Nintendo made a poor decision with NSMB-U controller support, but I don't blame them for YOU wasting YOUR money. If I buy something worthless for the ps3, that is on me. Not Sony. Just being honest here my friend. I will call Nintendo stupid all day for their decision, but it isn't their fault you didn't research better like I did. But lets move on and be friends. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:44:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:49:51 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Fair enough I find it easier to shake. I like motion controls. As mentioned earlier the Pro should have worked with NSMB-U, no doubt. But ultimately it is up to you to make sure something works before you buy it. I didn't buy the Move and complain it didn't work with Uncharted 3. The Pro is an extra controller, not standard. Just like the Move, so of course they won't work on all games. Despite they probably should, at least in the case of the Pro. :)

POW blocks knock all the enemies out, probably the same button as the acorn flying. Freezing enemies and picking up the ice block is also motion based. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:50:54 AM PST
I think there's a button for all of that as well.

Motion controls are neat, I prefer buttons.

The Pro controller was designed for the Wii U. It's not a gimmick or add on. I think it should work with all Wii U games. Especially first party ones.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:52:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:54:10 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Sure the Pro is an add-on, by definition it has to be. It isn't packed in, hence it is an add-on. I agree it should work, but doesn't. Consumers shouldn't assume anything, ever, especially in electronics. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:53:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:55:57 AM PST
"But ultimately it is up to you to make sure something works before you buy it. I didn't buy the Move and complain it didn't work with Uncharted 3. The Pro is an extra controller, not standard. Just like the Move, so of course they won't work on all games."

the move was for Motion gaming with some game allowed for you to use both. Im not trying to play a Motion game with a non-motion controller. The pro controller was meant for WiiU games which it does not allow you to use for its Major NEW GAME NSMBU it release for its NEW SYSTEM. Youre comparing two different things.

Its not only the Pro controller, but the Classic Controller for VC games, why cant I use the WiiPad,or and the Pro-controller? etc. The Pro controller is the only New controller you can purchase that was made for the new system, seeing Nintendo will not allow you to purchase a second WiiPad at this time. Im not going to agree with you and have stated lets move on so I dont know why youre keeping going on. :)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:54:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:58:42 AM PST
Lucanus says:
"Im not trying to play a Motion game with a non-motion controller. "

Actually you are. NSMB-U does support motion controls, hence why it requires a motion controller. I am sorry you feel 'cheated' by Nintendo. My advice, read some articles online before spending $50, it could help. I know it helped me. I cancelled my Pro preorder when I released Nintendo wasn't supporting it properly. I even emailed Nintendo for clarification. As for going on, I am not continuing this anymore than you are. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:57:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:58:20 AM PST
but it also supports buttons/triggers that a non motion controller has!

and you keep going on and on. I dont agree with you what so ever on this topic

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:58:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:59:37 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Yep, it does. Nintendo should have mapped Pro Controller support and you should have done your homework. I find fault with both parties. My ruling on this matter stands. Sorry we couldn't agree. :)

I remember people bought ps3 units to find out they didn't support ps2 BC anymore. I never blamed Sony, that was their mistake by assuming. Buyer beware.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:01:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 11:02:28 AM PST
Keller no one was asking for your ruling on this matter, I was simply stating that It was Nintendo dumb move to not allow it to work. Im sorry you feel the need to chastise me or anyone that didn't do things your way or Nintendos.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:04:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 11:07:48 AM PST
Lucanus says:
It was a dumb move on Nintendo's part. I have agreed to that for pages now. I just dont' think it is fair to not take any personally responsibility in your purchases. I am pretty sure there were threads on this forum talking about the lack of Pro support weeks before it launched. I know for a fact IGN, Giant Bomb, Gamespot, etc all reported this weeks before launch. I do think, as a reasonable adult and great poster, you should be able to accept some responsiblity, no? :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:09:22 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I know I'm prolly alone again, but I just hate the Wii-mote/Nunchuk set up. I basically avoid Wii games that don't have Classic Pro controller support.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:11:19 AM PST
RE4 rules with the Wiimote though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:12:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 11:21:02 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Depends on the game. I think most games are much better with something like the 360 controller, which is still the best controller ever made (IMHO). However there are a number of Nintendo games that I think work great with the Wii-mote setup. I expect the Gamepad to be the same way. Most games will feel odd using it, expect first party titles. Personally I hate the classic controller, the analogs are misplaced and weak. Which is why I hope the Wii-U Pro gets VC support, which is should have had support at launch, silly move on Nintendo's part. :)

Out of curiousity Douglas, what is your take on Skyrim for the ps3, in regards to it not support DLC?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:13:41 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
That's an interesting use-case. I can see why digital works for you in your specific case. For me (and a lot of other) physical is better because we can save drive space and resell if we want to.

I also now get why you like huge hard drives and hard wiring yuor network.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:13:44 AM PST
They probably just sell it to make it easier for third party support and ports.

Nintendo's software dev team probably doesn't even know what the pro controller is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:35:39 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I hate pointing at the screen though, it messes with my wrists.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:40:07 AM PST
really? Cause really for a game like RE4 it's no different than using a computer mouse. Or holding a normal controller, you control the motion with your arm far more than your wrist.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:41:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 11:47:26 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
No it's not, I don't bend my wrist to use a mouse.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:42:55 AM PST
nor do I when playing RE4

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:47:51 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
You aim by pointing at the screen right?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  275
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions