Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Still no Lego Lord of the Rings Reviews?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 8:05:01 AM PST
Guess everyone is to busy playing BLOPS and Halo which is a shame because this game is absolutely awesome! Graphics are fantastic, Middle Earth is lookin good and its huge, they really have created all of middle earth in the game as you walk from mission to mission so you can literally walk from the Shire all the way to Mount Doom in Mordor with tons of optional areas to explore. Game play has been sweet with some awesome boss fights against Sauron, Saruman and the Watcher so far and the game features the fantastic music and dialogue straight from the films. This really is the one lego game to rule them all. Anyone else playing it?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:07:49 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I thought you couldn't just walk into Mordor?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:08:47 AM PST
I know the 360 version was having issues where the demo disk had been shipped instead of the actual game which might be what the hold up is since most places (that I'm aware of) use the 360 version of multiplatform games for review.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:08:57 AM PST
Not if you're Sean Bean, but if you're a hobbit? NP

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:13:37 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I was wondering when you'd show up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:21:59 AM PST
In this game you can, there is even an achievement for it.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:23:27 AM PST
I plan on getting this for one of my kids for Xmas. I'm sure I'll get more enjoyment out of it than they will :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:25:41 AM PST
saskamazon says:
yup, that's my plan too ! win / win .... my son loves his lego games too.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:29:59 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Is this better than the Batman game? I found that one really boring and eventually just returned it to Gamefly without finishing it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:23:34 AM PST
I enjoyed Lego Batman 2 but LOTR is head and shoulders above any of the other Lego games that have been made. A lot of your enjoyment will depend upon just how big of a LOTR fan you are though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:26:43 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I am a big LOTR fan and not a very big Batman fan so that's good to know.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:28:30 AM PST
Benpachi says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:36:39 AM PST
The Lord of the Rings films were for the most part one of the best book to film adaptations I have ever seen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:40:28 AM PST
For sure. I sort of think of the books and movies as their own things. I love Tom Bombadil singing elves in the books, but I was very okay with them not being in the movies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:46:04 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
movies and books. it has areas and characters that were never in the movies.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:47:45 AM PST
The LEGO games are incredibly fun, but LEGO Harry Potter was a bug-fest.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:51:00 AM PST
Never played it but thus far I haven't experienced any bugs in LOTR which is actually kind of surprising because its obviously the biggest lego game to date as far as content goes, the world really is huge, its probably the closest thing you will ever get to a Lego Elder Scrolls.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:51:03 AM PST
I've never bought a Lego game, but I think I need to give this LOTR one a shot... I just don't know which platform. I've got a wii & 3ds now, and will likely have something else around christmas... not sure which one though.
any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:52:09 AM PST
If you are going to be getting a 360 or PS3 definitely wait and get it for one of those as the game is absolutely gorgeous.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:52:34 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
since your still on the fence, wait 2 months, it will be $20

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:00:14 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I just started this game and got through the prologue : ) Lovin it so far. Looks and runs great on the PS3. Typical Lego control scheme.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:01:26 AM PST
Last time I checked Lego figures don't have fingers, so Sauron won't be able to wear the One Ring. Problem solved.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:11:23 AM PST
Benpachi says:
That's cool, provided that they don't ruin those parts too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:12:00 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
its the size of a braclet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 12:11:32 PM PST
I jumped into the fires of Mount Doom when playing as Isildur in order to destoy the ring like he should have done in the first place which would have saved a lot of people a lot of headaches, unfortunatley that didn't work, I just respawned, I did however get an achievement, said something like "If only it was that easy" or something.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions