Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone still play Diablo 3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 301-325 of 735 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:09:31 AM PST
there were some with better stats. one at 400m with 570str and vit, with more crit damage. and one at 200m with almost the same as mine but a bit better

but there was also one at 120m that had about 100dps less than mine and 100 less str. Someone would probably buy that first if I priced it too high.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:10:52 AM PST
You and 2 others :p

I almost want to keep it for myself for my barb but... I like my wizard too much.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:12:35 AM PST
100 less dps and 100 less str is a decent margin though.

100M start with a 180M buyout maybe? You'd probably get around 100M though. Maybe start it at 120?

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 10:13:12 AM PST
Can you check to see how much I could sell my Skorn for?

Its got 1293dps

96% chance for bleed for between 7K-10K

147% more crit damage

some dex, not sure how much

one or two other stats

and a socket.

I paid like 300K for it btw.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:21:37 AM PST
I can't tell ya unless the other stats are known :p "some Dex" could mean the diff between 1m and 10m, but from the Skorns I saw, probably not much you paid about the right price for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:27:28 AM PST
I tend to do high buyout, much lower bid. Someone ends up getting it and i don't mind the loss of a few mil. I found an amulet that I put for 100m, but a 25m buyout. So far i've had 3 people bit on it, it's up to 28m with 12h left. Even at 28m i'm happy.

Amulet was 190str, 9%crit,. 19 all resist, 33mf, and 67% Crit Damage btw.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:38:02 AM PST
Duster says:
At least some people are having luck on the AH. I can't seem to sell a thing...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:39:49 AM PST
Here's a quick hint. WHen looking up an item on the AH. Take away unimportant stats such as Poison resist or Any other single resist, Bleed damage, +health on potion use etc... and then plug in the main stats, and reduce them by about 15%. Someone isn't going to buy something for 10m when they can get something with say 15 less str for 1m.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 10:41:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 10:51:49 AM PST
J. says:
You're better off it rolled str, and not int. Without ls, it would fetch FAR less for a caster. But a barb can still get 6% ls from skills/gear.

The cd is low, but dat str! Not sure how I would price it since I'm stuck at work, but it should sell well if you're not greedy.

Good luck.

Kung Fu, without knowing the "one or two other stats", it's impossible to tell you if you have a good Skorn. Chances are, probably not. Generally, Skorn sells well with high main stat (300+), but dex is less desirable, high crit damage (180+), high dps (~1300+), and either high loh (1500+?), or LS (5+).

Attack speed is nice, and vit doesn't hurt. Low rolls on anything above dramatically decreases the value of the item.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:43:14 AM PST
Duster says:
I know the main stat stuff. I mean it's gotten to the point that I've found an exact pair of gloves on the AH with stats, AR, and CC, cut the price it was up for in half and it still wouldn't sell.

I'm almost thinking of purging my stash and just putting everything up for 20k...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:44:05 AM PST
I'll give you 20k for barb stuff, hehe.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:47:26 AM PST
I didn't even bother putting it on the AH, I purged my stash last month and vendored it all. I was tired of wasting AH slots :p.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:53:41 AM PST
Duster says:
That's what it seems like I'm doing. I find all this really decent equipment and it doesn't sell on the AH...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:55:51 AM PST
decent is worthless!

You need Amazing equipment... i learned that a while ago =/

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:11:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 11:20:02 AM PST
J. says:
What I do is ask "would I use this?" If the answer is no, it probably won't sell. At least not at the value you think it will.

When you have an item that sits unsold for hours, it means:

1. It's priced too high.

2. It's a good item, but not great, so it will go to the end of the auction before someone tries sniping it for cheap. (see 1)

3. It isn't a good item. (low rolls, low dps, no socket, no main stat, missing specific stats needed for popular builds (cc/ias for CM wiz, etc).

Decent really doesn't cut it anymore. Most everyone is rocking decent gear, and more is added every day. I have (had?) stuff sitting a 300k that would have sold for millions a few months ago. If the item doesn't sell in a few hours, or overnight, I drop the price. A 10m item becomes 5-7m. Then 3-5m, 1-2m, 500k, 250k, vendor.

If it isn't selling, it is just taking up space that can be used for another item.

Only BiS items should be left up at market value. Everything else should be priced to move.

Edit:

One more thing: just because someone puts an item up for "Xm", doesn't mean it's worth that. Chances are, it's sitting there because it ISN'T worth the asking price.

Put the starting bid at a price you would be ok with getting for the item, and the buyout at below market price. If the item is good, it will sell.

By having a sky high price, you can miss people that set filters on max price.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:13:45 AM PST
That's about how i look at it as well.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 11:23:05 AM PST
Anyone have a link to the "How to run ubers in Diablo 3 for Dummies" guide or able to give me a quick run-down of how to do it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:25:13 AM PST
You looking for hints on specific bosses, or in general the best way to farm keys?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:26:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 11:27:35 AM PST
I don't even know who drops keys. I guess basically what do I need to do to even open an uber portal.

IE: In D2 You would get the 3 keys and open portals to get the organs, then transmute the organs to get to the Ubers.

How do you do it in D3? I would really like to try for that account bound +XP ring.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:31:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 11:32:33 AM PST
oh Ok i can help there!

Keywardens are enemies that always exist in a world every time you go there, and have an X% Chance to drop one of the keys you need to create an Infernal Machines.

Keywardden Locations:
Act 1: Fields of Misery
Act 2: Oasis
Act 3: Stonefort
Act 4: Silver Spire level 1(i believe it's level 1)

Now in order for a key to drop you have to have 5 Stacks of Nephalims Valor. The odds of a key dropping are dependant soley on your current Monster Power. At MP0 it's 5%, mp1 it's 10% and then an additional 10% per MP up to 100% on MP10.

The Act 4 Keywarden drops the Recipe that you give to the blacksmith to craft an Item called The Infernal Machine. you only have to obtain this recipe ONE time and after that you never have to touch act 4 again.

Now the Machine just requires the three keys from the Other acts. Kill them until you have the keys and combine them at theblacksmith to create an Infernal Machine. Once you have it, in Act 1, start the quest on the final quest (return to Tristram), and in a building behind the healer you can use the machine to open one of three portals. each portal contains a set of 2 bosses each. Skeletong + Magdha, Ghom + Raknaroth, And Siege Breaker + Zultan Kuhle.

Killing these bosses (again with 5 Stacks of NV) will grant you a chance to get an organ, a spine, an eye or a fang. Each of the bosses has a specific one they drop. The drop rate is the same as the keys and dependent on MP. Once you have all 3 organs, you buy the hellfire ring design from the vendor in Act 2 (child by the waypoint portal) and craft your hellfire ring

EDIT: If you get three Infernal Machines you can open up all three portals in one game, guaranteeing you a chance at all the bosses in a playthrough.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:34:04 AM PST
Sounds awesome. Do you get access to the different levels of MP after you finish Inferno?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:35:02 AM PST
no you can do that at any time. In the options menu under gameplay enable the Monster Power option. then when selecting a quest you get a drop down beside it offering Monster power.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:35:46 AM PST
Sweet! Thank you for all the help!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:36:10 AM PST
any time.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 11:41:13 AM PST
J. says:
Good summary, Badger.

I can help you with some key/plan farming, Capt. A4 is the worst.

Don't know if I will be on tonight, I'm in the middle of a home repair project.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  735
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions