Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Stupid ToysRUs

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2012 6:02:07 AM PST
Toys-R-Us just sent an email about an 8-hour online sale today, starting at 11:00 a.m. eastern time. Some of the categories already return results, but the "Save up to 80% on selected Video Games" link returns zero results. Maybe there will be something there at 11:00.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:07:57 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Should've went to Gamestop.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:09:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 6:10:10 AM PST
Kendahl says:
I'll save you the trouble...any video game TRU is offering at 80 percent is not worth owning. Move along...

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:10:51 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Couldn't agree more with this thread title (but for different reasons).

I "pre-ordered" something from them back in September and I got the email two days ago saying they had found the stock. And this is after the item having been in stores for a month!

The company is seriously screwed up AND their prices generally suck. I'm kinda amazed they're still around tbh.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:18:27 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Everything is overpriced at TRU. I agree...I'm surprised they are in business but it's the last brick and mortar toy shop around.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:32:38 AM PST
Ice King says:
I stopped buying games at Toys R Us when they started putting them behind the counter and making you ask for help to get them. I hate that. Now I stick with Best Buy and Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:38:26 AM PST
Yeah, now instead of grabing a game and walking to a counter and buying the game I now have to grab a bit of paper and walk to the counter and ...buy...the...wait, how is this different?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:44:42 AM PST
Odd, my toys r us doesn't do that. They have a whole section of the store dedicated to games and only games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:46:35 AM PST
It. Just. Is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:57:30 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I remember when Toys R Us used to do that years ago. There was like a 5-10 year gap between then and when I started going there as an adult because they do every once in a while have good game sales (they had a buy one get 40% off sale just a couple weeks ago), though, and the ones I've been in recently are just like Target where games are in their own section, everything except the bargain bin titles are behind glass, and you have to get an employee to pull the games for you and take them to the register.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 7:01:49 AM PST
The Gamestop user guy should be here. He is pretty funny to me. =(

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 7:02:16 AM PST
Kendahl says:
I used to be able to just grab a game and put it under my trenchcoat and just walk out of the store but this new system of having to take a piece of paper to the counter has foiled my devious plans.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:52:14 AM PST
UPDATE: The sale started an hour ago, and there's the "up to 80% off video game" link, but when you follow the link it still shows 0 results. Pfft.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:56:46 AM PST
You should e-mail them telling them "LAME." Alternatively, you could contact the BBB.

I would recommend framing your e-mail in the same manner.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:00:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:06:59 AM PST
Ice King says:
LOL, the one I go to doesn't have paper slips to bring up. You need to find someone to unlock the case and get the game for you.

Aside from my admittedly messed up aversion to talking to people, it also sucks because there's not always someone around and you have to go on a hunt to find them.
At Best Buy you can just casually browse the games without needing assistance when you want to look at one.
And even better, with Amazon you don't need to talk to any scary strangers.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:27:32 AM PST
I guarantee that any game marked down by 80% has something to do with a pony, or babysitting.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:31:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:38:50 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Best Buy does have those people patrolling and asking if you need help, though.

There was one time at Toys R Us I went to pick up a game, but the person who was supposed to be manning that part of the store was MIA. I asked someone at the main registers for help, and it took like 15+ minutes for them to track the person down (they had the keys, so no one else could help me... also, they wanted to know where the eff their employee went). It was at like 9 o' clock on a weeknight, so I don't think any of the employees were on top of their game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:37:19 AM PST
Ice King says:
With the Best Buy people you can see them coming and just change aisles before they get to you. It doesn't look suspicious at all.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions