Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

One year of PlayOn for free- Wii U owners only

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 21, 2012 3:37:20 PM PST
http://www.playon.tv/buy/redeem/wiiu/

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 4:51:55 PM PST
M. Lewis says:
Looks interesting. Even the lifetime price isn't bad. But if I already have a media center PC hooked up to the TV, is there anything I really need this for?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:45:07 PM PST
I can't speak to your specific situation but here is a chart. The part in green shows what you get with the Wii U out of the box. The part in blue shows what you get with PlayOn.

http://edgexl.minus.com/lI8WXvf2HiNOj

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:57:08 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:10 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:02:48 PM PST
No idea. I only play games on my consoles. I'm just passing the word along.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:17:50 PM PST
M. Lewis says:
I've seen the chart before. All of it you can get through a browser on a computer. Some you need to log in with your cable provider to get most of the content available on the sites so you can't fully get rid of cable to fully take advantage. As I suspected though I can get all the same stuff with my media center pc without paying anything. Thank you for saving me money.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:19:02 PM PST
Aku says:
I get most or all of those channels anyway via cable theft. Which reminds me, mentioning cable theft or the wish for a hacked satellite box turns out to be a delete-worthy post on Miiverse.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 7:44:46 AM PST
good. says:
Well, I have an Apple TV and a Wii U and really want to use my dad's HBO GO (which he isn't using, he just watches traditional HBO on his TV) so I can essentially watch HBO for free. We recently cut out cable entirely and are getting by on Netflix. However, HBO GO will not work on Apple TV or Wii U!!! I have heard of Play On and it sounds great and I'd love to try it, but I use a Mac so it is not supported. I am not willing to go through the trouble of setting up the system on my Mac to run Windows...

Solution: wait for my son to go to bed and take his Xbox 360 out of his room and hook it up in my living room and set up HBO GO on there. Not ideal, but it will work.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 7:47:42 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:44 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 7:50:45 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:45 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 8:09:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 8:19:08 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
HBO Go works on android/ Google Play Store..

Its cheap to get nets best apps on your TV. I'll be playing with this soon,just ordered it for the kid's room:

http://www.amazon.com/Version-Bluetooth-Android-Google-Dongle/dp/B00A1ZTQB8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358179694&sr=8-1&keywords=ug007

You can get this and a Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad (920-003070) for the cost of an AppleTV...and have all the apps and 99% of the daily computing anyone needs from your PC on your TV or monitor.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 8:44:18 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
This service sounds awesome and it's on sale for sub-50%. This could be exactly what I need to talk my wife into getting rid of cable since it has networks she likes like: Lifetime/HGTV/Food, etc and the kids can still watch Nick and PBS Kids, although there is no Nick Jr.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 10:14:02 AM PST
Totido says:
I've had it for a couple of years. Works on everything. phones, tablets, PS3, 360, etc. I mainly use it to stream video I have. There are tons of channels, but they may only have a handful of shows at any given time (i.e CBS, Fox, A&E, etc). You can also stream standard Hulu if you don't subscribe to plus. I'm thinking about ditching cable too. I have Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and now Redbox streaming. Redbox is far the worst of all, but it's still in beta.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions