Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I don't think I like Assassin's Creed anymore.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 53 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 23, 2012 1:03:36 AM PST
Fullme7al says:
I hear they were surveying gamers on whether or not they would like co op in the series. I think most games will end up going this route, especially next gen games because the consoles will be powerful enough to do so. I know the current gen games are able to now as well. Co op just makes sense financially now. Developers should aim for people like me and my bro, if a game is good and has co op. We'll both buy the game just to play with each other.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 2:54:36 AM PST
Haven't finished it yet so can't comment on the ending, but I do agree crafting and convoys do seem pointless, but they were probably put in for people who like that kind of stuff. I'm one if them (usually), but didn't dive into it so much that can't really say. With that said the useless optional missions again were probably created for people who like collecting things and that's me. Well except the feathers.

I love the Homestead missions as it builds your "base". I enjoy the trinkets because I know I'll be getting something, but the feathers I have no idea what they're for yet. As for the chase sequences I haven't had any problems doing them as unlike open missions there's a set path they want you to follow and there's little clues on which way you're supposed to take. As for the guards. It does seem random at first, but I started noticing the more guards in the vicinity of those you attack (on the radar) the more backup comes.

Though it does seem random on actual missions, but probably because that's more "important" and a memory instead of a random thing Connor did. With that all said I do agree a lot of the stuff just seems to be here to make the game seem bigger and stuff like feathers and trinkets and almanacs (which again I haven't had trouble collecting minus a few because it seems like you're required to jump midair to catch em) are there to make such large open landscapes seem not so barren.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 2:56:53 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
It's a shame a lot of the co op is only online.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 6:30:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 6:31:58 AM PST
new Tron says:
That is exactly what my issue has become with the Assassin's Creed series....the optional stuff feels like padding, unlike a game like Far Cry 3, where pretty much everything has a purpose. It's almost as if they think that the series has become so popular, that they need to force all that extra stuff in there for the hell of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 6:54:34 AM PST
Voice of god says:
"There is one of the hunter missions where I have to chase some bobcat or something... I must have tried that at least a dozen times by now and I just can't keep up. And he always disappears right when he reaches this camp area, when I CAN STILL SEE HIM, and it says he got away. Screw you, game. I tried going different routes, tried shooting, all kinds of different things. Eventually I just gave up on that one."

On that bobcat mission, you don't chase him. You memorize his path and wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 6:56:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 3:57:00 PM PST
Voice of god says:
"In Far Cry 3, you hunt to gather resources to craft better stuff (bigger wallet, more gun holsters, bigger ammo pouches, etc). In Assassin's Creed 3, you hunt to....... have something to do...? There is just no motivation."

You craft all of those things in Assassin's Creed 3 as well. But you can also sell your hunting spoils for money.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 7:08:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 7:09:09 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I don't know, there were TONS of racing leagues, shooting gallerys, trials of the rakyat, Wanted: Dead, Path of the Hunter Quests, that basically only gave money which was pretty much useless if you complete the radio towers/open a few loot chests.

edit: and yeah VoG is right, can't believe I forgot, but you can craft a TON of useful stuff in AC3, including actual weapons.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 7:10:23 AM PST
I hated every assassins creed besides the third.
The story was fantastic, world was huge, combat was excellent and finally no damn puzzles!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 7:14:32 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
This is why I hated the first game.That and the fact that only slow walking seemed to be acceptable in the AssCreed 1 society, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 7:15:02 AM PST
new Tron says:
I don't know...aside once at the beginning (when I really didn't understand the game as well), I never found myself having an abundance of money. I was still doing the Wanted: Dead quests until pretty late in the game, especially as I unlocked all the special weapons and wanted to buy them all. Far Cry 3's economy worked pretty well for a game of that size. One of my biggest issues with Assassin's Creed has been the economy, where once get over that 1/4 mark in the game and start buying businesses, you end up with more money than god, and looting and scavenging for cash becomes unnecessary.

It's weird, because where I feel like Far Cry 3 definitely had a huge influence from the Assassin's Creed games, I feel that now, Assassin's Creed should look back at Far Cry 3 as an example.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 7:15:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 7:16:01 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
The guard thing in AC3 is mostly a bug I think, it only happened to me maybe 3 times in 40 hours.

In AC1 it was annoying for sure in the Frontier or w/e.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 9:01:09 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:12 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 9:19:03 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I shot him with my pistol, just be ready.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 9:22:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 9:24:24 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I did most of the Wanted: Dead quests too, since combat was so fun.

But I skipped the majority of the hunter quests, all of the knife throwing/racing/shooting challenges, and the majority of the Trail of the Rakyat challenges, and my character was maxed out with about 5 hours to go, and there were definitely times I wished I had a bigger wallet, I basically just stopped selling things since I had more space in my loot sack than my wallet.

I think both games handled sidequests really well, I felt AssBro was much more "padded" than AC3. I spent over 40 hours with AssCreed 3, easily the most of any other game in the series.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 10:47:40 AM PST
I've been testing the limits, and it seems like as long as they aren't on the watch, you can get away with running (not sprinting for significant distances, though), provided you aren't running into people. Even if they are, you can walk normally by them as long as it isn't too close, and even if they're watching you from a fair distance, you can get away with some running.

What I've taken to doing is mostly running along rooftops and using the dash-kill with the hidden blade whenever I see a guard patrolling the roof, since you can get to them before they get alarmed, even if they're looking right at you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 1:03:34 PM PST
prsmooth says:
Alot of my sentiments as well after playing this game.

I ended up trading it immediately after finishing the main story.

I am not looking forward to the next game at the moment. Maybe it just me being burned out from the series.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 3:12:27 PM PST
Horowitz says:
AC was always overrated. Only liked Liberation, likely because my Vita doesn't have another open world game like it. On other platforms where competition is much more fierce, AC always stuck me as a pretty boring way to waste my gaming time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 3:41:13 PM PST
It's why I haven't played brotherhood or revelations. If they put out yearly releases I'm content to wait on the series to see what becomes the fan favorites.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 3:50:58 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
I always thought infamous was better.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 4:02:38 PM PST
I feel they scratch different itches.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 4:27:42 PM PST
try the multiplayer before you make your decision

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 4:37:12 PM PST

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 7:07:21 PM PST
EYEL1NER says:
I have loved all the AC games that are out as well (yes that means the first one too).
I am just finding 3 to be really hard to get into. I am still pretty early in the game, Conner hasn't even made an appearance yet. But the simplification of controls, terrible aiming, boring-so-far story, and more are putting me off.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 7:47:28 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Sounds like ur describing Far Cry3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 8:35:51 PM PST
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  53
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions